Beacon Boats remnants

Ally

Featured Posts

I am slowly clearing the workshop, and trying to sort everything out in it. We have an amount of 'stuff' to get rid of, so I am thinking about having a bit of a sale.

Far too much to list individually, though I may get to doing an approximate list at sometime.

To give you an idea though, it ranges from timber and ply off cuts, to tiles for floor, wall and deck, to a couple of windows, couple odd brass ports, electrical, plumbing, engine fittings and doings, insulation...pipe and sound, antifreeze, brass and chrome bits, block and tackle, paint ends, pipe, hose, nuts (thousands!) And bolts, screws, and lots of other bits and pieces.

Would anyone be interested in coming for a browse and offering me some hard earned for odds and sods of use?

Of course, it might have to end with a bit of a pub banter after!

I won't be looking for chandlery prices but could do with coming out with some cash after all these years, so open to offers on the day. I'm thinking May sometime for a bit of a sale day or weekend.

Tools aren't being sold I'm afraid. Sorry!

ETA, just the odd sockets and bits anyway. Bottle jacks possibly....Record vice..large, will detail the number tomorrow.

Edited by Ally

I'd be very interested in looking at timber and ply off-cuts, however small or large for my weaving tools and looms (OH also said "Oooh tiles!" when I read her your list).

If you're having a sale day I would no doubt find the brass trinkets difficult to resist too (and screws esp. brass or silicon bronze)

I'd better make sure the wallet is bulging.

Any deck board, from which I could make an engine cover hatch.

Happy to discuss and agree postage.???

I have a bit (hexagrip) though someone has already asked for some. Send me a size when you can, and if I have spare, its yours,....not sure what size jiffy bag that might need though!!! We may have to try cwdf carriage co. !

Short on blue tiles, mainly small mosaic that colour.

I have a bit (hexagrip) though someone has already asked for some. Send me a size when you can, and if I have spare, its yours,....not sure what size jiffy bag that might need though!!! We may have to try cwdf carriage co. !

Short on blue tiles, mainly small mosaic that colour.

Cheers I will check in the morning.

I will be driving to and from Devon early June so could pick up and pay on my way past.

Edited by The Dog House

Hopefully with a view to assist Ally with the massive task she has I will share some of the pictures she put on FB of the tiles she has just in case it musters up some enthusiasm with somewhere here:

1958042_10203645571365049_54214402936655

11894_10203645571765059_7109293315102069

1978739_10203645572205070_35193099952528

If anyone sees something in the pictures they think they might be able to offer a home to then Ally will be able to give some idea of sizes and quantity.

From comments made so far there are not very many blue tiles (apart from mosaic ones) There are not any gloss black tiles either but there are some matt ones.

10155243_10203611567354970_946075049_n.j

I think the brown ones on the right of this pic are still available but the cream and green are gone.

Cheshire rose! I think you'd best get down the workshop and sell for me!!! Hehe! wink.png

Ally you know if I could I would!

Now come on folks, roll up, roll up... lots of excellent quality bits and pieces looking for good homes.

Please can EVERYONE grab a pen and paper and walk throught their boat from stem to stern making notes of all those little things they have been meaning to fix/improve/upgrade. When you have done that go outside and do the same then post your wish list here and lets see if Ally has it.

This is not to be confused with the usual cr*p preloved items I usually get involved in selling these are all high quality, brand new items that might be in opened packs with some used or be a bit dusty.

In fact ... I just thought. Do you have any vents? the type you would fit in a bathroom door for example?

We have some brass, and chrome vents, mainly chrome left now....the louvere kind. We also have some brass mesh we have used to make specific vents in the past.

Dusty? I'll say!!!

Eta, I can come up with lots of totally naff stuff too that no one would really want!!.....I'll donate that to cheshire rose after! :D

Edited by Ally

We have some brass, and chrome vents, mainly chrome left now....the louvere kind. We also have some brass mesh we have used to make specific vents in the past.

Dusty? I'll say!!!

Put a couple of vents down for me please. Chrome will be fine that you - I need to put two vents in to allow air flow (top and bottom) so do I need four vents for front and back of the door?

Put a couple of vents down for me please. Chrome will be fine that you - I need to put two vents in to allow air flow (top and bottom) so do I need four vents for front and back of the door?

Depends how your door is made, I think most are 6" square though, so perhaps too big, you really want long thin ones, which I only have the odd one of.