Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

If you had an On-line mooring from C&RT, you would be liable for full Council tax.Not necessarily - possibly

Share a marina with several others, with the marina operater able to relocate, your mooring at will, you would not be liable for Council Tax.

Have I got that right? Yes

Bod

Anyone with the balls to take on a local authority, as the court case that someone did and proofed a precedent for all would see the way.

It takes some effort and time to take on the LA

I had a problem with a planning application (well they told me I needed Planning Permission, I told them I didnt) in the end after going thru, Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 complaints proceedure, & meetings with the Chief Executive, I ended up involving the Governments own Planning Advisor, our local MP and a Queens Council,

I was (of course) proven correct and had a reasonable amount of compensation for being given incorrect information and to cover the costs I had incurred. - in fact the MP wrote to the Chief Executive of the LA fairly early in the proceedings and told him as "I was in the right just pay up, and send a letter of apology" but they insisted on persuing it in the hope I would give-up.

I had a problem with a planning application (well they told me I needed Planning Permission, I told them I didnt) in the end after going thru, Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 complaints proceedure, & meetings with the Chief Executive, I ended up involving the Governments own Planning Advisor, our local MP and a Queens Council,

I was (of course) proven correct and had a reasonable amount of compensation for being given incorrect information and to cover the costs I had incurred. - in fact the MP wrote to the Chief Executive of the LA fairly early in the proceedings and told him as "I was in the right just pay up, and send a letter of apology" but they insisted on persuing it in the hope I would give-up.

Good for you. There would appear to have been a decline in the ethics of local authorities to mirror the decline in ethics seen in large companies like banks and telecomms companies.

Southampton is £1002.36

Yes, like Manchester a Labour controlled council if I remember correctly, you know the party that looks after the poorer members of society unlike the Tory controlled Hampshire who look after the rich!

Ken

Yes, like Manchester a Labour controlled council if I remember correctly, you know the party that looks after the poorer members of society unlike the Tory controlled Hampshire who look after the rich!

Ken

Have you just opened a large can of worms?

Bob

any problems with council trying to charge council tax and you are in a mooring that you can be moved from at any time then refer them to the ratings valuation officer who is independent of the council tax department

Ken

Reading (Labour controlled) Band A council tax: £1,039.62

http://www.reading.gov.uk/residents/CouncilTax/council-tax-bands-charges/

More expensive than both of the previous examples!

MtB

Was there a decline, or was it always like that? biggrin.png

It could be said that there were expectations in the begining to those that were involved in the in & outs of the marina.Where as others are merely so ignorant of the situation or just plainly couldn't care less it seems.

Take the person and his team out of the scene and it would be an incline of success!

It could be said that there were expectations in the begining to those that were involved in the in & outs of the marina.Where as others are merely so ignorant of the situation or just plainly couldn't care less it seems.

Take the person and his team out of the scene and it would be an incline of success!

Mr Steadman moves in mysterious ways.

DLW would love to hear more detail on why they said you needed PP if you care to.

You may guess from this what she does for a living.......

DLW would love to hear more detail on why they said you needed PP if you care to.

You may guess from this what she does for a living.......

Part of the settlement was that I signed a non-disclosure agreement to avoid it getting into the press that the local Planning Officer, The Planning Department Manager, or his Manager did not know the relevant Planning law and refused to even check when the relevant sections were pointed out to them.

Send me a PM with which LA you are 'with' and I'll try to give you an overview of the 'case'

• Greenie 1

Well PLM/PLT are starting to cut their coat according to their cloth, unfortunately not on the management salary side though.

advert on PLM facebook page

Pillings Lock Marina- Restaurant Supervisor Required

A Vacancy has arisen for an Experienced Restaurant Supervisor at our friendly waterside café/ Restaurant. We are looking for an individual that has excellent customer service skill that is able to work on their own and as part of a team.
Shifts would include Friday and Saturdays 8.30am until 4.30pm and several evening Shifts of 4pm until 11pm s...hifts. We occasionally have special events that require extra working hours.
Rate of Pay £6.50 per hour, approximately 28 - 32 hours per week. We also offer a Performance related Bonus Scheme.
The successful candidate will require experience in Managing a small team with excellent service standards. Due to the location of our business Own Transport is essential.
RR says this is purely supervisory, not management hence the low wage.
PL has added
19549_1314446264666_4182012_s.jpg
Remove
Pillings Lock Marina Tips included too :-) so most staff boost this by a few quid an hour on a good day.

One word - tightwad!!!

Edited by Phantasm

I wonder what happened to the last lady supervisor?

Probably told them to spin on it when they reduced her hourly rate to £6.50.

MtB

P.S. What's that about tips? Who on earth leave a tip for the 'supervisor' when they leave a restaurant?

Probably told them to spin on it when they reduced her hourly rate to £6.50.

MtB

P.S. What's that about tips? Who on earth leave a tip for the 'supervisor' when they leave a restaurant?

But the person must be capable of working alone, so they can :

Cook

Serve

Work the till

Clear the tables

Wash up

So they will get all the tips - not just the 'supervisors tips'