Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

As I understand it, before young Paul started pissing people off the marina was substantially full. With mooring fees and te extras like the cafe, workshops and sales of gas, electricity etc the marina must have had a gross income approaching £1 mil, if not more. Where did all the money go?

The marina has never been actually full..It was heading that way until the cafe was operational and some moorers didn't like the site being open to the public.

It was after all supposed to be "Pillings Lock Marina",not Pillings Lock Public Park".

Berth holders were constantly narked by PL about things like dogs mess on site when the problem lay with the public ingress.

The final straw was that the dictator wrote an articule to the Loughborough Echo stating that it is likely that moorers at PLM will need to DNA their dogs if they wish to keep them at the marina..

Not a great marketing move!

Then there were sagas like the great Police helicopter chase after John Lillie and his other Son when they relieved the site of their own boat!!

All this and PL's own personal situation had left the marina as being the joke of the canal world..

It wasn't;long before moorers boycotted the cafe ,gas and utilities on site and went elsewhere.

I think it is widely expressed that Pillings Lock Marina has/had the potential of being a goldmine...BUT!

• Greenie 1

The marina has never been actually full..It was heading that way until the cafe was operational and some moorers didn't like the site being open to the public.

It was after all supposed to be "Pillings Lock Marina",not Pillings Lock Public Park".

Berth holders were constantly narked by PL about things like dogs mess on site when the problem lay with the public ingress.

The final straw was that the dictator wrote an articule to the Loughborough Echo stating that it is likely that moorers at PLM will need to DNA their dogs if they wish to keep them at the marina..

Then there were sagas like the great Police helicopter chase after John Lillie and his other Son when they relieved the site of their own boat!!

All this and PL's own personal situation had left the marina as being the joke of the canal world..

It wasn't;long before moorers boycotted the cafe ,gas and utilities on site and went elsewhere.

I think it is widely expressed that Pillings Lock Marina has/had the potential of being a goldmine...BUT!

You forgot to mention the £ 1.00 handling charge if you have anything delivered that won't fit in your mailbox.

Yes after paying £52 per annum for what was a good idea and a blessing for a on site post box that came in ..Holding people to ransom ..

I could understand when moorers were having fridges and such like delivered,or running a mail order business on site.

I do know my friend had a small filter delivered to the marina to fix his NB and he was asked for £1..

He replied i have given you £2000 for my berth upfront and you want to charge me a £1 for handling my small packet..I will not be duplicating my mooring next time!!

He's first class ain't he.

I wonder how much it costs to have a dog turd DNA tested, maybe PL was going to set up his own lab on site!

Yes i did see him with an elderly labrador on site once..

Off the lead and against regulations!!

It was with him when he was feeding the fishes(ex John Lillies) in the two smaller ponds..PL had an interesting throwing of the feed..Like throwing a dart at a board and cocking one leg calf behind him(?).

He already has a degree in bullshit analysis and management.

Too right ..It amazes me that some people don't see through it all!

He's first class ain't he.

How would this work?

Presumably each moorer with a dog would be required to have his best friend's excrement profiled and the results filed with PLM on some kind of database. When an offending and ownerless pile is found onsite, PLM would then send this for DNA analysis and comparison with the database entries at which time there is either a match (which will point to a moorer failing to clear up the mess) or no match, in which case PLM have laid out a not insubstantial amount of cash to learn that the pooch belonging to a member of the public was responsible.

The scheme does appear to rest on the honesty of each moorer in depositing excrement from their own pet. If someone is too lazy to clear up after their furry friend they would also not be above securing a parcel deposited by any other dog and having this DNA tested and this simple trick would ensure their own and their pet's anonymity.

Is there any chance the article in the Loughborough Echo appeared in the issue for April 1st?

If you had an agro dog owner I don't see it being that easy to get a DNA sample from it, and to do valid testing there would be quite a lot of fecal collection and position logging required with photographic evidence and perhaps witness statements

I think its a crap idea

http://www.vgl.ucdavis.edu/services/dogpileid/

If you had an agro dog owner I don't see it being that easy to get a DNA sample from it, and to do valid testing there would be quite a lot of fecal collection and position logging required with photographic evidence and perhaps witness statements

I think its a crap idea

http://www.vgl.ucdavis.edu/services/dogpileid/

Well the idea has been flushed down the pan.

Well did you like that ...He is another PL classic..

Would moorers please refrain from feeding the ducks..

We have a rodent problem now in the area of the cafe / restaurant /bar/bistro..

Due to this we are having to spend money earmarked for marina development on a pest control service.

Needless to say members of the public were exempt from this regulation..In fact as a promotion the office/chandlery started selling "duck food"

How would this work?

Presumably each moorer with a dog would be required to have his best friend's excrement profiled and the results filed with PLM on some kind of database. When an offending and ownerless pile is found onsite, PLM would then send this for DNA analysis and comparison with the database entries at which time there is either a match (which will point to a moorer failing to clear up the mess) or no match, in which case PLM have laid out a not insubstantial amount of cash to learn that the pooch belonging to a member of the public was responsible.

The scheme does appear to rest on the honesty of each moorer in depositing excrement from their own pet. If someone is too lazy to clear up after their furry friend they would also not be above securing a parcel deposited by any other dog and having this DNA tested and this simple trick would ensure their own and their pet's anonymity.

Is there any chance the article in the Loughborough Echo appeared in the issue for April 1st?

I didn't think of that..Maybe some callous berth holder sent the articule in to the Echo for a spoof!

There was speculation that someone was about to collecting stools from around Quorn and dumping it on site in preparation .

Due to this we are having to spend money earmarked for marina development on a pest control service.

Needless to say members of the public were exempt from this regulation..In fact as a promotion the office/chandlery started selling "duck food"

I didn't think of that..Maybe some callous berth holder sent the articule in to the Echo for a spoof!

There was speculation that someone was about to collecting stools from around Quorn and dumping it on site in preparation .

Ooh err! I couldn't faece that!

There was always the promise that the pontoons would be made secure which would mean no public access to the boats etc, but that money went elsewhere (hate to think where) and that's why a lot of people were unhappy. In most marinas the public cannot get near privately owned boats.

He already has a degree in bullshit analysis and management.

Yep, and according to his personal info his real degree is in drama!! Very, very apt!! Best actor I've seen in a long time

How would this work?

What about dogs owned by members of the public visiting the marina? Maybe PL can start selling doggy diapers.

posted in error...having an actual breakdown!

And then of course there were the marina chickens! Perhaps they were fed a special kind of fodder that does not attract rodents.....perhaps the said rodents have now deserted the sinking marina/lake!

Edited by SoosieQ

posted in error...having an actual breakdown!

And then of course there were the marina chickens! Perhaps they were fed a special kind of fodder that does not attract rodents.....perhaps the said rodents have now deserted the sinking marina/lake!

Perhaps even the rats have the good sense to get off before it goes down.

Edited by Ray T