Another round of wind and flooding on it's way

DeanS

Featured Posts

No, I still have shore power - that electricity meter pole extends to the same height as the others.

Ah that's handy. Wasn't obvious from the picture.

Ooo big splodgy rain has just started! Really big heavy splodgy rain! Monsoon style!

The little ole River Ouzel that mainly floods north of the Wyvern lock, and towards the Soulbury end of Linslade (and invariably takes out The Globe pub carpark with it) has sneaked over it's banks near the town centre end of Leighton Buzzard today. The riverside walk behind the Vimy Road houses is now impassable and the weir pool is the highest I've seen it.

Being a tributary to the Great Ouze, things might get worse up that way before they get better. Keep safe everyone.

Don't want to sound smug..,,but we have been hovering just off the bottom since before Xmas, in fact as the boat is rolling a bit in the wind we can hear grating noise from bankside hull as we ground with the roll. Denver look out for us, the datum level at Ely is 1m and level is showing 45cm according to EA website.

Phil

• Greenie 1

The little ole River Ouzel that mainly floods north of the Wyvern lock, and towards the Soulbury end of Linslade (and invariably takes out The Globe pub carpark with it) has sneaked over it's banks near the town centre end of Leighton Buzzard today. The riverside walk behind the Vimy Road houses is now impassable and the weir pool is the highest I've seen it.

Being a tributary to the Great Ouze, things might get worse up that way before they get better. Keep safe everyone.

Thanks BSP-Shall look forward to that coming my way. Thought we were doing well as have only been up a foot or so the last couple of days.The Ouse is not too bad Bedford onwards but it is also high at Newport Pagnell according to EA site. Wellies out again soon I would imagine.

Athy I read your list but nothing on it appeals to me however I will come up with a quick list of my own.

. Blues .

ER, that was the first item on the list I think, albeit prefaced by "rhythm and".