women on boats are a special breed.

DeanS

Featured Posts

This is just an observation, but I reckon that most women who live on boats are so much more down to earth than the ones who live on land. Yesterday my wife chopped a pile of logs, and wheeled the casette to the elsan point, emptied the fire ash tray, loaded it with new coal.... I think "land ladies" are far to spoilt.

popcorn :)

This is just an observation, but I reckon that most women who live on boats are so much more down to earth than the ones who live on land. Yesterday my wife chopped a pile of logs, and wheeled the casette to the elsan point, emptied the fire ash tray, loaded it with new coal.... I think "land ladies" are far to spoilt.

popcorn smile.png

Well shame on you.

If you had a nice diesel heater all she would have to do would be press a button and it would work.

And if you had a real toilet all she would have to do is hand over a few quid to some gent who would deal with the contents for her.

You work her too hard.icecream.gif

Dean, do you think us landlubber ladies do nothing then? :-)

haggis

I forgot to mention winding paddles, pushing lock gates, drying clothes in the generator exhaust air, using the hardrier only when the boat engine is running ...;-)

In Dean's defence I think he's probably acknowledging that land based women do work hard.

Its just that boat based women's work is more 'earthy' 'basic' if you see what I mean.

Unless the land based women are working with babies of course

and ummmm.........other things

I need a "gulp" smiley now

I hope you observed all that whilst sat in a nice leather recliner, drinking a rather cheeky claret.

naa....I don't drink claret. It was coffee.

In Dean's defence I think he's probably acknowledging that land based women do work hard.

Nope. I was saying that land based women have it easy...lol

If you had a nice diesel heater all she would have to do would be press a button and it would work.

We lived on board for 7 years and had a diesel stove. In all that time my wife never lit it once. She has a rough idea how an elsan toilet is emptied and cleaned but has never done one. I would never let her near an axe for obvious reasons. I'm not complaining, however I am looking over my shoulder from time to time as I type this.

• Greenie 1

I knew I'd become a proper boater when my darling husband took me to choose an engagement ring and I picked mine on the basis that wouldn't get in the way when emptying the loo, refilling the coal scuttle, cleaning out the stove, sweeping the chimney, servicing the engine, playing around with ropes, clearing the prop etc etc etc :D

Quite right Dean, quite right clapping.gif

Last week in the rain and strong wind, the other half steered our motor (Big Woolwich) turned it, tried to moor, ran aground, spent over half an hour getting free again, only for it to happen twice more, eventually she moored up after about 2 hours. And All I had to do was endure 10 minutes of swearing and shouting on the phone!unsure.png

I forgot to mention winding paddles, pushing lock gates, drying clothes in the generator exhaust air, using the hardrier only when the boat engine is running ...;-)

Hairdryer???? I stand with my head upside down infront of the stove and ecofan!......mind you....it shows! biggrin.png

Dean,

I think you are a very brave man to start this thread. Am saying nowt and keeping my head down.......ninja.gif

I thought the forum was getting a bit boring...no one fighting or nuttin...needed some spicing up ! :)

A good boatwoman will do all the chores in return for the odd bit of sexual attention from her captain.

o gawd....now you've done it. Baton the hatches.

It does need spicing up but not with random acts of misogyny.

I have a hairdryer AND can empty shit/chop wood. Go figure.

erm. I dont know what misogyny means...( I had to look how to spell it right too). I assume it means I've been a naughty boy. It's not my fault. All the men on the forum msg-ed me and told me to start this thread. (on behalf of their hard working boat living other halves)

Nope. I was saying that land based women have it easy...lol

Complete and utter rubbish.

A boat can be as basic as my old Georgian cottage with woodburners, sf heating and Bottled gas cooker (47 kg bottles, not your wendy 15 kilo boat bottles or as high tech as a brand new luxury apartment with all mod cons.

When your missus has stood at the opposite end of a hot 30 foot plank holding it up while you are trying to bolt it to the boat knees and bend it into the hoodings you can compare it to bricks and mortar.

Then again that is still no more difficult than the OH holding up a joist whilst I am desperately trying to shore it up before the roof collapses.

I suspect that whether you live on a boat or in a house you will choose the accommodation that suits both of you and you can make it as easy or as "interesting" as you like.

This is just an observation, but I reckon that most women who live on boats are so much more down to earth than the ones who live on land. Yesterday my wife chopped a pile of logs, and wheeled the casette to the elsan point, emptied the fire ash tray, loaded it with new coal.... I think "land ladies" are far to spoilt. popcorn :)

I want one !!