women on boats are a special breed.

DeanS

Featured Posts

This is just an observation, but I reckon that most women who live on boats are so much more down to earth than the ones who live on land. Yesterday my wife chopped a pile of logs, and wheeled the casette to the elsan point, emptied the fire ash tray, loaded it with new coal.... I think "land ladies" are far to spoilt.

popcorn smile.png

It's good to see in this day & age that there are still some men about who know how to train their wimmin properly

It's good to see in this day & age that there are still some men about who know how to train their wimmin properly

i beg to differ.what about dinner,cleaning out the chimney,carrying some coal and providing a nice cool beer while dean puts the feet up and watches the telly or faffs on the internet.that woman is not fully trained by any means.still a ways to go.wink.png

Question: Is the above quote meant to imply the 4 loads of washing make their own way to either the cloths line or dryer, then manage to magically iron themselves and under their own steam, get back to their hangers, wardrobes and/or chest of drawers?

I like what you did there....

Courtesy of Songs of the Inland Waterways:

It's a hard life for a girl on the cut
Doing the work of a full grown man
Pushing a barrow and shov'lin' the coal
Plenty of work on her hands

It's a hard life for a wife on the cut
Spending her days with a bargee man
Sharing his work through the good times and bad
Coping as well as she can

It's a hard life for a mum on the cut
Rearing her family the decent way
Mending and cooking and keeping them clean
Nothing but work all the day

http://www.waterwaysongs.co.uk/hard_life.htm

Edited by Ray T

ok, here's a different take on it. Those "earthy women.." who live on land...would do very well living on the canal :)

Have I redeemed myself..lol

Haven't you got wires to fix somewhere or a solar panel or two to get ready for the morning sun....or anything? as in anything?