What have you fettled for the boat today?

Featured Posts

Could I ask where you got them from and how much they cost?

Thanks

In my case I knocked up a simple sketch and got a fab shop to make it.

Then went to a local metal platers/finishers and got them to polish it.

Headertanklayoutdrawingpage1_zpsa657d144

Oil change on 2lw.

Cleaned engine bilge. Wiped down with a perfumed washing liquid. The engine room smells like fresh laundry for once. That will cease once we cruise about a bit.

Edited by mark99

In my case I knocked up a simple sketch and got a fab shop to make it.

Then went to a local metal platers/finishers and got them to polish it.

A friend of my brother made them as a favour. I can get a price tomorrow if you wish.

Thanks to both. I have someone who will fabricate for me, just wondered if they were available of the shelf.

Thanks to both. I have someone who will fabricate for me, just wondered if they were available of the shelf.

Just a tip - make sure you get the fab shop to drill the holes on mounting bracket.

SSteel is very hard on drill bits and they aint cheap!

I have a spare one as he made three. Price is £100 plus postage. Or if you are between Macclesfield and Penkridge I can drop off next week

Edited by captain birdseye

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted a new starter battery today and engine fired up first go which is the first time it done that for a long time so hopefully starting will no longer be an issue. Also cleaned the bilges out and gave them a coat of paint so all shiny now ready to go out boating.

well I supervised Dave over the past couple of days...shampoo, polish and buff one side of the boat and then grind down to metal all our "learning scraps" from the gunwhales down to the first rubbing strake (did I get that term right?) on the same side and repaint them.

Today is wash, and repaint inside the front well and cratch lockers & covers

I must say he's making a rather good job of it icecream.gif

meanwhile - I'm still washing ceilings down inside sick.gif

And keep up the pressure, don't let the drill rub.

Tim

Indeed.

I had to bash a 2" holesaw thru 3 off 3mm SS tank base to weld in a socket, done with a good Bosch drill dead slow, plenty of trefolex and firm steady pressure.

Didn't take the edge of the holesaw :-)

Edited by gazza

Collected my used kitchen units off ebay. Got them on board.

Tomorrow remove the shower room corridor wall to create a walk through bathroom, then re install the door in a central bulkhead and plywood the side where you used to go down the side corridor and re-install the T&G hardwood.

This will then enable me to have 2x 300mm and a 1000mm base unit down one side of the kitchen. On the other side there will be a 600mm gap for a washer dryer, 500 sink unit, 500mm cooker, 500mm gap for 12 volt fridge. I plan to put a 300 wall cupboard on the bulkhead either side the central bathroom door and a 400mm one above the fridge.

The bathroom will have a small bath on right with shower over, vanity unit made using a spare 500mm base and 2 wall cupboards stacked on top to make a cupboard. Then retiled and floored and finished as funds allow.

Jamescheers.gif

Edited by canals are us?

Fettling imminent on both boats.

NB Earnest needs its brass capping removed from the hand rails. After 16 years there is quite a bit of rust creeping out from under. Just got the umpteen countersunk brass machine screws, wide foam tape, drill bits and new tin of bondaprimer. I am not expecting many of the old bolts to come out!

Barge Maurice A needs a bit of lifting paint sorted, round bit boxes and inner join deck/toe rails, other than that this is the mostly sorted craft...Earnest really needs a repaint!.

Earnest Just had first blacking done by 3rd party, rather good job done by Ashby Boat Centre, along with new set of anodes and first non Jim McDonald BSS. Just before it was put back I did a quick half hour prop fettle on the 15 year old Crowther, restoring the anti sing bevel. Now nice and smooth again not bad considering 12 year old stern tube and alignment.

Poles all painted varnished and ready. (One fancy long shaft for show, one for use).

20141117_134451_zps80dxzuxw.jpg

and the other thing that's great about having such a posh pole as that, is it makes you really recognizable even if one doesn't notice the name painted on the side of your lovely boat - nice seeing you today Mark - we've moored up a couple of locks on from the one where we passed, little bit windy today wacko.png

Ha likewise Betty. Nice to meet u two albeit briefly.

The wind made a proper fool of me at Marsworth. I proclaimed a new way of pulling into the bank and said just watch this, 10 mins later after much thrashing of prop after wind caught me I got her in properly. The only saving grace was the lack of other people about.

That's a beautiful looking boat, from what I can see in that pic Mark. Who built it?

Yesterday I was under the counter of my boat getting a coat of paint on the new rudder tube. I got cramp. I couldn't move for a few minutes. It wasn't fun :/