Washing Machines - Nail Down?

system 4-50

Featured Posts

If it's an automatic, usually the work top above it and the units to the side keep it in place, maybe with a strip of wood in front, or it will be in a cupboard. Twin tubs are designed to move!

That sums ours up.

Do washing machines in boats just sit or is it necessary to tie them down, and if so, how?

If it is correctly levelled it will just sit. If it is sat uneven it will move particularly when it spins.

Put a spirit level on it and adjust the feet to level it both ways. That way it will not walk. They only walk if not level.

That might not work on a boat.....

It has to be level relative to the surface it is sat on, ie the legs adjusuted untill it is firmly sat down and unable to rock or move in any direction. Works for us.

Edited by The Dog House

Get the OH to sit on it, when it's running.

I knew a couple who used to enjoy sex on a washing machine when it was on the spin cycle. They were banned out of every launderette in the town.

Have you not heard the saying:- "About as much use as a spirit level on a boat?"..........cheers.gif

Why is that? When I get my widebeam built I am having a pool table aboard, and fully intend to use a spirit level to get it true.

Bizzard will almost certainly be along in a minute for a wizard wheeze to make a gimbal for your washing machine.

I'd be inclined to use a ratchet strap or similar to hold it down, or design the compartment it is in to be sufficiently strong to prevent it falling over. That way, if you do any lumpy stuff, you can have piece of mind.