How to date a Lister HA2

Featured Posts

Ariel has a Lister HA2 fitted and I would like to find out the year of its build.

The engine plate has the number 1439HA2M9 on the side along with BHP and RPM (22 @ 1800).

Any pointers gratefully received. Thanks

Thanks Carl. Looks like I'm missing a few numbers though!

Yes I posted the link before looking up your number.

Could the year numbers have worn off? If so a magnifier and rubbing the plate with a pencil might show it up clearer.

Your engine number breaks down as

1439 = number of engine built that year. HA = Model, 2 = number of cylinders. M = Marine. and the 9 = years since 1950 so yours is a 1959 built engine

Also all explained here (you will need to login, Free) for pre 1950 Listers, 1950 to 1970 and post 1970 to modern day engine.

Hope this helps

Martyn

Oh and as you have noticed you don't have enough letter's and numbers for carlt's link above. That is because not all of them apply so they are just left out. again explained in the above link

Ariel has a Lister HA2 fitted and I would like to find out the year of its build.

The engine plate has the number 1439HA2M9 on the side along with BHP and RPM (22 @ 1800).

Any pointers gratefully received. Thanks

Edited by martyn 1

I know a nice theatre......

Now that the real question is out of the way I can heartily recommend the Priory Theatre, in Kenilworth, followed by a stroll across the big lump of greenery towards the Castle and a drink and meal in the Clarendon Arms as a very pleasant first date indeed...

I