Fair Warning!! Camouflage Boat on Trent & Mersey

tillergirl

Featured Posts

Is it possible that the boat has been sold to a new owner , hence a different geezer emptying it out , and possibly the reason for the FRP boat ?

My twopennyworth...

The offender was sent down at her majestys leisure to enjoy trouble free power generation, sky tv and not have to worry that the Trent might flood.He was probably releasedin the last two months.

In February I joined AlanJ for his first cruise up the Trent. We stopped at the pontoons just above Trent lock, and lo-behold, there was the Camboat.

It appeared that it must have sunk or had water ingress during the owners sojourn, and an older chap was taking everything out and carrying it up to the BW bins, mattreses, quilts, rugs, etc.He was not the chap pictured in the blog or seen by myself at Derwent Mouth Lock when the "blue butty" was sunken.

Unfortunately it is a camphone, so not brilliant, but this is the latest pic.

enhanced a bit

IMAG0571_zpsba82a8b6.jpg

The camo boat was moored on the trent across from barton island 3 weeks ago with a 20 foot shetland attached to it which looked in very good nick.

The presence of this enormous, healthy pony should be an aid to identification.

Try this cleanup of the original image:

camoboatedit_zpsba03efc8.jpg

With the size of that bloody great chimney its got near the back of the boat I cant see how it keeps escaping? surely cant get under any bridges !

Tim

a 20 handed shetland pony, so it's a mutant pony, even easier to spot

With the size of that bloody great chimney its got near the back of the boat I cant see how it keeps escaping? surely cant get under any bridges !

Tim

and a swing bridge attached aswell

We hired a Hudson a few weeks back. I mentioned to the chap showing me the boat how rugged it was - he said "they don't mess about when building with these, just look at all the rivets..........."

He was being serious! I liked the boat anyhow.

My twopennyworth...

Unfortunately it is a camphone, so not brilliant, but this is the latest pic.

enhanced a bit

IMAG0571_zpsba82a8b6.jpg

Can't tell from the picture, but I just hope it isn't a bloody Hudson!

Er :o:unsure: , I'm at Willington. :help:

Well make sure you don't switch those f**king lights on then!

Edited by Doorman

Bizarrely we have locked up the Soar with the said boat the other yr & apart from the drunkeness found them to be amiable !!! (Maybe cos we were GRP just like there tender) But................ We were asked were we were mooring & how did we mange for leccy (did we have a genny!)

We already had a 'heads up' on the boat & said no, no genny we just go out for the odd day!

They moored up topside of Redhill (by the entrance to Thrumpton Weir) that night as we stopped on the moorings just past the entrance to Cranfleet. Interestingly they came past on the GRP cruiser many times during the night.........

Everyone moored nearby knew them & advised us not to leave the boat .

If you leave yr craft empty in the vicinity of the said boat - make sure its near a habited craft

That does sound dodgy. Why would any boat that is almost certianly lived on (ie, knowledgable about how to generate power for prolonged stays) need to know if someone else had a genny.

Exactly what we thought - ie have you got one ? we'll have it later !!