Forum Software Update

DHutch

Featured Posts

Same here. Is there a quick fix?

Once I have read the newest post in a thread, or posted in it, the button or star at the left is greyed out and doesn't work for me so I have to start at the beginning of a thread. This can be tedious, is there a way round it?

Tim

Is anybody else having problems receiving notification emails?

I don't seem to be getting any at all either from individual threads or forums I am following

A few have reported it - you need to double check your settings have carried over (mine and at least one other members didn't)

Once I have read the newest post in a thread, or posted in it, the button or star at the left is greyed out and doesn't work for me so I have to start at the beginning of a thread. This can be tedious, is there a way round it?

Tim

That seems logical. The Forum can't offer to take you to the first unread post because there aren't any after you've read the newest one.

There is an easy way to go straight to the last post, just click on the date/time statement on the right-hand side (below the name of the last poster)

That seems logical. The Forum can't offer to take you to the first unread post because there aren't any after you've read the newest one.

There is an easy way to go straight to the last post, just click on the date/time statement on the right-hand side (below the name of the last poster)

That's all I was after. The old software would automatically take you to the last post if you clicked on the title, if all posts had been read.

Tim

That's all I was after. The old software would automatically take you to the last post if you clicked on the title, if all posts had been read.

Tim

I must admit I thought I knew how it used to work, but am now seriously doubting I did!

I thought if a thread was displayed where you had read it up to a certain point, and you clicked on the title, then it took you to the first post you had not so far read, (which often will not be the last one, of course).

I'm not having a lot of success in replicating that - I can end up at first post, and last post, but not the first post in a thread after the one I last read.

Can that now be achieved?

I must admit I thought I knew how it used to work, but am now seriously doubting I did!

I thought if a thread was displayed where you had read it up to a certain point, and you clicked on the title, then it took you to the first post you had not so far read, (which often will not be the last one, of course).

I'm not having a lot of success in replicating that - I can end up at first post, and last post, but not the first post in a thread after the one I last read.

That is exactly how I recall it working too - but it doesn't seem to work that way now

Yes that is how it used to work but it doesn't work atht way any more. Now to get to the first unread post you have to click the dot or the star to the left of the title.

I find it is very useful that the preview now displays the last post as well as the first.

That is exactly how I recall it working too - but it doesn't seem to work that way now

I'm trying to convince myself what clicking in the box on the tight of a post in the thread list does, (that's the box that variously contains a blob, a star, or nothing). Sometimes it seems to take me to the last post in a thread, but at others to the first post I have not read. I can't yet work out why!

Yes that is how it used to work but it doesn't work atht way any more. Now to get to the first unread post you have to click the dot or the star to the left of the title.

That doesn't always seem to work for me, sometimes skipping posts I have not yeat read, and instead taking me to the last one.

Someone remind me what the "dot" or "star" or "blank" in that box are supposed to mean, please?

I find it is very useful that the preview now displays the last post as well as the first.

Thank you for that. I seem to be getting the hang of the new format now. I must say, I really like it.

It works for me.

Under "View New Content" and "By Time Period" I have "Past Year" ticked. Threads where I have read all the posts are in light font, with either nothing to the left of the title (if I have not contributed to the thread) or a grey star (if I have). Threads with unread content are in bold with a dark blue blob or star to the left. Clicking on the blob/star takes me to the first unread post in the thread.

Someone remind me what the "dot" or "star" or "blank" in that box are supposed to mean, please?

I believe the dot or start indicates there are posts you have not read. The star just means you have posted in the thread as well. Nothing means that you have read the last post. What you don't seem to be able to do in the case of having read the last post is to go directly to the end of the thread.

I believe the dot or start indicates there are posts you have not read. The star just means you have posted in the thread as well. Nothing means that you have read the last post. What you don't seem to be able to do in the case of having read the last post is to go directly to the end of the thread.

You can by clicking on the date/time under the name of the last poster.

A few have reported it - you need to double check your settings have carried over (mine and at least one other members didn't)

OK, I've checked the settings, all seems OK. I've even changed from a gmail to a yahoo address a yahoo one and still doesn't notify me.

Any suggestions where to go from here

When I'm finished reading a topic, and want to go back to the topic list (usually 'new since your last visit'), I press the 'back' button on my browser. This used to take me back to where I left the list. It now always takes me to the top of the list, so I have to scroll down to find the next topic. Is there any way to click back to where I was?

OK, I've checked the settings, all seems OK. I've even changed from a gmail to a yahoo address a yahoo one and still doesn't notify me.

Any suggestions where to go from here

Try checking them and re checking them, after that one for the mods I would say.

When I'm finished reading a topic, and want to go back to the topic list (usually 'new since your last visit'), I press the 'back' button on my browser. This used to take me back to where I left the list. It now always takes me to the top of the list, so I have to scroll down to find the next topic. Is there any way to click back to where I was?

I always open topics in new tabs, and close them when I have reached the end of the thread , so the first tab with the list of threads is unaltered.