CM'ers - hogging services

matty40s

Featured Posts

... you can't take a bit of ribbing about the fact you have a Hudson...

Where does it say that? As the owner of the most superior marque on the cut, these sleights (born, of course, out of jealousy) are like water off the proverbial duck's back! As I said, there are those that have a Hudson, those that aspire to it, and those that aspire to it even though they have yet to realise it!

(Yes Chris, you were right of course! And thanks for noticing!)

Edited by nicknorman

Where does it say that? As the owner of the most superior marque on the cut, these sleights (born, of course, out of jealousy) are like water off the proverbial duck's back! As I said, there are those that have a Hudson, those that aspire to it, and those that aspire to it even though they have yet to realise it!

Sorry that's just bull , we felt the fit out quality was not that good and looked a bit production line. So I'm not jealous and think you are perhaps acting a bit arrogant to think that all boaters aspire to what is after all a well built one design.

Thank you for confirming your self centred, you moor where you like lad, after all its your waterway.

Yes I moor where I like providing its legal to do so and preferably in the middle of nowhere. Is the any reason why I shouldn't ?

Now children! Didn't your nanny teach you that jealousy is such a negative emotion? Or even, if you were so unfortunate as to have no nanny, your parents? Well never mind, its good that there are boats that you can aspire to own, even though you don't realise it yet.

So true.....

294816_1.jpg?1364076298

• Greenie 1

It's a real issue,the pre judged opions about scruffy boats. Not just from other boats either.

The other day I was spoken to like a criminal by two crt enforcement officers. When I pointed out I can't move either way at the moment because of stoppages. They went on to say well well check your licence then. I'm sure they wouldn't have spoken to me like that if my boat was shiny. I admit my boat is scruffy but its 80 years old and had a hard life ,I'm doing her up but slowly because of funds

Regards kris

:( to be spoken to in that way by anyone, never mind CRT enforcement officers is IMO totally Unexceptable and I would report them, and tell them to their face not to be so rude and why I was going to report them. I never judge a person by the state of their home be that a boat or a house, i judge a person on how they are to me, and I do not tolerate bad manners from anyone. Treat people the way that you would like to be treated is my motto :)

Well I've never aspired to a Hudson and never would, having spent a good hour looking over one with my brother at the Crick Show, My brother who's a very competent engineer, found plenty he wasn't happy with on the boat displayed, ok not major problems, but stuff that shouldn't be apparent on such an alleged quality made boat at the price charged.

Very similar build quality was found elsewhere at much more reasonable cost.

I just didn't like the boat, although a lovely engine room, I prefer a more Brunellian approach :lol: good honest engineering.

Well I've never aspired to a Hudson and never would, having spent a good hour looking over one with my brother at the Crick Show, My brother who's a very competent engineer, found plenty he wasn't happy with on the boat displayed, ok not major problems, but stuff that shouldn't be apparent on such an alleged quality made boat at the price charged.

Very similar build quality was found elsewhere at much more reasonable cost.

I just didn't like the boat, although a lovely engine room, I prefer a more Brunellian approach :lol: good honest engineering.

Blimey, another cat 3

I am not interested in what kind of rivets they have Nick, and if they were nice people they would not be spending a minimum 72 hours now blocking boaters services.

Why should people have to ask a boat to move, would a single hander fighting an Easterly gale be forced to fight their way to moor at such a site. No.

After reading your ale fuelled piss taking, I have now reported to CaRT the obstruction to the boaters services at Fradley Junction.

Just had another look at the photo - are they actually on the services (which are surely in front of them, with a water point well behind them)? Is there any signage limiting mooring there? ( honest question, because I don't think there is).

Blimey, another cat 3

Just had another look at the photo - are they actually on the services (which are surely in front of them, with a water point well behind them)? Is there any signage limiting mooring there? ( honest question, because I don't think there is).

Yes there is, and yes they are.

Right by the toilets and elsan point if I recall but I am sure Matty can confirm

The elsan point and rubbish is abeam the photographer - ie from the boat's perspective, well in front of the bow. The water point is just visible well behind the crane. The white / brick building is the old BW shop, currently disused. The boat is moored at the closest point of approach to the toilet block (further back from the canal than the shop) but not sure if having to walk ones-self a few yards to the toilet is such a big deal?

ETA the boat is in a slightly different place in the 1st non-snowy photo, vs the second snowy one, though only by a few feet. In the snowy photo, they are definitely "on the services" but how long had they been there? In the non-snowy photo I would question whether they are in fact blocking access to the services in any practical way.

Edited by nicknorman

Right by the toilets and elsan point if I recall but I am sure Matty can confirm

Spot on, I spent 10 days close by when Woodend lock was closed, and walked to the services every day.

There were about 8 boats stuck by the stoppage, none moored on the services, indeed, none on the visitor moorings either, we all moored above Shade house lock, on the 14 day moorings.

Edited by Kiwidad

The elsan point and rubbish is abeam the photographer - ie from the boat's perspective, well in front of the bow. The water point is just visible well behind the crane. The white / brick building is the old BW shop, currently disused. The boat is moored at the closest point of approach to the toilet block (further back from the canal than the shop) but not sure if having to walk ones-self a few yards to the toilet is such a big deal?

ETA the boat is in a slightly different place in the 1st non-snowy photo, vs the second snowy one, though only by a few feet. In the snowy photo, they are definitely "on the services" but how long had they been there? In the non-snowy photo I would question whether they are in fact blocking access to the services in any practical way.

What is the problem with mooring the other side?

What is the problem with mooring the other side?

Well the road above the towpath deposits dust in summer, and mud in winter, on one's shiny paintwork. And then there are those roughy toughy bikers that like to rort up and down to the Mucky Duck on their Hardly Dangerous-es at all times of the evening.

Anyway, champagne all quaffed now and time for bed... Goodnight and I have enjoyed the role reversal between me and Matty!

Edited by nicknorman

Well the road above the towpath deposits dust in summer, and mud in winter, on one's shiny paintwork. And then there are those roughy toughy bikers that like to rort up and down to the Mucky Duck on their Hardly Dangerous-es at all times of the evening.

The boats moored there don't seem bothered though...