Continuous Cruising/Mooring

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

I was speaking to a boater tonight who seems to be in the area all the time,informed me that he considered himself a continious cruiser as he had been informed officially that if he had five moorings half hour towpath walk apart and spent 14 days on each mooring on the 14th day on the fifth mooring he returned to mooring one he could start the process again.

Is this continious cruising?

Regards

Andy

I was speaking to a boater tonight who seems to be in the area all the time,informed me that he considered himself a continious cruiser as he had been informed officially that if he had five moorings half hour towpath walk apart and spent 14 days on each mooring on the 14th day on the fifth mooring he returned to mooring one he could start the process again.

Regards

Andy

Is it 'eck! It's taking the mick.

Regards

Andy

Not another wind up post. The word continuous gives the game away. It is not possible to cc on one canal never mind five spots on one.

Tim

Regards

Andy

Do you happen to know whether he's he a committee member of the IWA?

No joke he even moaned about boaters for not moving for months.

Andy

They are about, a boat near here has been moored in the one spot since easter, he claims that because he has a mooring elsewhere, he can stay wherever he wants for as long as he wants!!! :rolleyes:

Some offical at Leighton Buzzard he informed me

Ah - That will be the same official that told me there was fairies at the bottom of my garden and a fat bloke in a red and white suit will deliver presents down our chimney early on on the morning of the 25th December each year...

It is not possible to cc on one canal never mind five spots on one.

As I said in another thread, much though you might like it to be thus CRT don't actually agree with you.

Q. What about if you have a river licence and never leave the River Lee?

A. Providing you demonstrate that you move up and down the river within the spirit of the guidance, it’s not a problem.

The Lee is less than 28 miles long.

...it is futile...resistance, that is

As I said in another thread, much though you might like it to be thus CRT don't actually agree with you.

The Lee is less than 28 miles long.

Indeed, it is doable in a couple of days.

Edited by PiRSqwared

I should have qualified my remark. It is not possible to cc on one canal unless you want to extract the urine :cheers:

Tim

Mmmmmmm, i've got to say, i don't extract the urine, and i cruise well within with current rules/guidlines, but some years I do CC a single bw/crt water.