Continuous Cruising/Mooring

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

I feel that the boating community is already split to a degree just look back at any headed topic regarding cc ers have a read through them make your own decision.

Yes it'a quite common to see phrases like 'boys with their toys' and 'shiny boats'....

Yes it'a quite common to see phrases like 'boys with their toys' and 'shiny boats'....

Am i the only one that feels this way ? And i presume you have never had anything bad to say about cc ers and what would your thoughts be on the lines of hippies on the k & a. Its all about the freedom of speech and at least i have the balls to do it.

Am i the only one that feels this way ? And i presume you have never had anything bad to say about cc ers and what would your thoughts be on the lines of hippies on the k & a. Its all about the freedom of speech and at least i have the balls to do it.

Your presumption is correct - I actually don't have a particularly strong feelings about CCer's, I don't take a particular interest in what licence category other boaters fit into.

I also don't have an opinion about 'hippies on the K&A' as you call them. It's not a waterway I'm familiar with and although it's often cited as a waterway with a 'problem' of people not moving as they should I don't actually know whether this is correct or not so can't really offer you any meaningful thoughts on the subject.

Edited by The Dog House

Your presumption is correct - I actually don't have a particularly strong feelings about CCer's, I don't take a particular interest in what category other boaters fit into.

I also don't have an opinion about 'hippies on the K&A' as you call them. It's not a waterway I'm familiar with and although it's often cited as a waterway with a 'problem' of people not moving as they should I don't actually know whether this is correct or not so can't really offer you any meaningful thoughts on the subject.

" I actually don,t have strong feelings about cc ers "

So you are putting all boaters in different classes.

So you are putting all boaters in different classes.

What utter nonsense - you are obviously just trying to create an argument where there patently isn't grounds for one.

CCer's is a well used term on here, it doesn't signify 'class' (unless of course you go out of your way to interpret is as doing so) it's usually used to succinctly describe a boat licence category and is generally quicker than typing 'boaters without a home mooring'.

There, s no argument from this end, you admitted to having no strong feelings towards cc ers. So you have more of less said boaters are not all the same your thoughts have shown that. So do not be hypocriticle ( the spelling probably ain,t right ) of me when i use the term boys and there toys. It is to a figure of speech

There, s no argument from this end, you admitted to having no strong feelings towards cc ers. So you have more of less said boaters are not all the same your thoughts have shown that. So do not be hypocriticle ( the spelling probably ain,t right ) of me when i use the term boys and there toys. It is to a figure of speech

Then why are you trying to twist what I am saying then?

Not all boaters have the same category of licence, patent and simple fact, that is not a distinction of class it's just true. You are trying to twist my words into my meaning I think somehow 'less' of boaters with a different category of licence than mine when the use of the term CC'er means nothing of the sort, it's a simple abbreviation.

The terminology you used is indeed a figure of speech but your use is clearly intended as divisive and derogatory, other wise why use it in the context you do?

You make reference to division amongst boaters already existing and it is precisely because of the use of such terminology that such division festers.

Edited by The Dog House

I am not trying to twist anything regarding this conversation i am pointing to the fact that you wrote " you had no strong feelings towards cc ers "

So i presume this is indicating that you feel the same about all boaters. Somehow i don, t think so

A contradictory sentence if ever I've read one.

:judge:

Yes, he's saying that in his view your words and actions over time aren't consistent, i.e. you are contradicting yourself.

Saying that is not, in itself, contradictory.

Well given we have never met I fail to see for one thing how he can comment on my 'actions' and as for words - I don't think I can make my position any clearer I've repeated it enough in this and other threads.

Perhaps the saying " please engage brain before opening your mouth " might suit you

In what sense? - I am merely challenging your assertion that I see certain boaters who don't have a mooring as some sort of different 'class'.

I don't, I have made that expressly clear on a number of occasions, but you insists on repeating it, I'm perfectly happy that my brain is fully engaged.

Hi, i have never been able to get any sensible reply from our local enforcement officer to our trolls only that by the time they took action the boats would have moved on . Great, more mooring fees for us and the trolls go free .My thoughts that the licence "contract" we signed was a legal document and its rules and regulations would be enforced.

Hi, i have never been able to get any sensible reply from our local enforcement officer to our trolls only that by the time they took action the boats would have moved on . Great, more mooring fees for us and the trolls go free .My thoughts that the licence "contract" we signed was a legal document and its rules and regulations would be enforced.

Trolls? Are you on one of those martian canals?