Wheaton Ashton sanitary block

sueb

Featured Posts

It's a very regular occurrence but my notifications don't mention nappies i blame the self-pumpout lot

It happens nearly every week and there has been more than one mention of either nappies or cloth. Bearing in mind the escalating (and unnecessary cost) I might suggest that C&RT should vist local boats to try to get to the root cause.

It may be that those who are dumping the nappies

etc into the unit are unaware of the problems they are causing.

Howard

I'm afraid when we turned up at Wheaton Aston and found the "Elsan" facility locked out of use, (and had urgent need of it), that I simply used the toilet next door instead.

Yes, I fully cleaned up afterwards, but I really couldn't see if that was still functioning and in use that I was likely to do any harm by emptying a cassette down it with lots of flush water. After all the largest thing that can get out of the cassette is what will readily pass down that surprisingly small bore pipe you have to epmty them through.

OK - TMI, possibly, but in case of emergency, one needs to look for viable alternatives......

(We also never put nappies in our cassettes - we have simply not yet worked out how this could be achieved).

I'm afraid when we turned up at Wheaton Aston and found the "Elsan" facility locked out of use, (and had urgent need of it), that I simply used the toilet next door instead.

Yes, I fully cleaned up afterwards, but I really couldn't see if that was still functioning and in use that I was likely to do any harm by emptying a cassette down it with lots of flush water. After all the largest thing that can get out of the cassette is what will readily pass down that surprisingly small bore pipe you have to epmty them through.

OK - TMI, possibly, but in case of emergency, one needs to look for viable alternatives......

(We also never put nappies in our cassettes - we have simply not yet worked out how this could be achieved).

Someone put the contents of a BBQ down the one at Ely, you don't have them in cassettes ether.

I doubt the nappies spend any time in a cassette ;)

We live with a shared septic tank system and Ive been up to my knees in every one elses sewage (polite term to save the innocent !!) trying to unblock it (turned out to be baby and make up wipes). Pump out and elsan disposal is just the same issue. Its really easy nothing goes into a pump out or cassette unless you have eaten it first other than small amounrts of loo paper. Local sewage works tells me you would be amazed what people put down the loo including whole duvet covers !!!

Edited by Lewis 53

We live with a shared septic tank system and Ive been up to my knees in every one elses sewage (polite term to save the innocent !!) trying to unblock it (turned out to be baby and make up wipes). Pump out and elsan disposal is just the same issue. Its really easy nothing goes into a pump out or cassette unless you have eaten it first other than small amounrts of loo paper. Local sewage works tells me you would be amazed what people put down the loo including whole duvet covers !!!

Blimey. Must have been one heck of a session to require that instead of loo roll.

• Greenie 1

it was closed both times (month apart) this year , including the loo, and was a big hassle for several boaters we spoke to who needed to use it,

Sorry, when I read the title "Wheaton Ashton sanitary block " I thought it was about those blue things you stick in the toilet cistern to clean the loo, it is isn't it? I'm sure I've seen Wheatston Ashton sanitary blocks buy one get one free in Tesco.

Sorry MtB I copied the name from the post title, however, I checked Wheaton Aston on Wiki and no mention of a toilet block in the village's amenities (see below). Possibly if you don't know Wheaton Ashton you should be made to travel the network until you find it like Jason and the Argonauts and the golden fleece or something, but more likely you're right and I'm wrong which would appear to be the case.

Amenities

Although in the heart of the South Staffordshire countryside there are many amenities for the local population including two pubs, The Hartley Arms and the Coach and Horses (which also provides accommodation for a cafe/sandwich shop), Wheaton Aston and Lapley Recreation Ground, post office, paper shop, general store, a garage-cum-chandlery-cum-hardware shop (Turners), a motor engineers (Hinsley's) and a couple of farms (The Bridge and Whitegates) who also sell their produce direct to the public.[3]

There is one school in the village, St. Mary's CE© First School, which has a total intake of roughly 100 children.[4]

It must be obvious who has babies in the vacinity. I hope peer pressure stops this.

My initial thought too. Children in nappies are pretty rare on NBs, and the persistent blocking suggests someone local keeps doing it.

I also wonder what they do with their nappies while the sanitary station is out of action...

MtB

My initial thought too. Children in nappies are pretty rare on NBs, and the persistent blocking suggests someone local keeps doing it.

I also wonder what they do with their nappies while the sanitary station is out of action...

MtB

Put them in a black sack until it is open again.

On a serious note maybe just a notice telling people not to put such items down there may sort it out