Rev- CWDF - Very slow and closing down

LEO

Featured Posts

Hi,

My CWDF page runs very slowly and keeps closing down - have to keep recovering content. All other sites are Ok.

Any body else had problems - have I been underminded by NBW?.

L

Ah, so it's not just me then! I have had a problem with CWDF freezing for most of the day and I was beginning to think I had picked up a nasty on my PC. Nice to know that I am not alone :-)

haggis

Ah, so it's not just me then! I have had a problem with CWDF freezing for most of the day and I was beginning to think I had picked up a nasty on my PC. Nice to know that I am not alone :-)

haggis

Same here in rural Linc's.

haggis

Me too! Had to leave anti-malware running when I went out (disconnected network in case it was trying to 'phone home) - report said all OK with my PC :)

Hi have had a check, but it' got 4 gigs of RAm....and seems Ok.

You might have 4 gorilla-bites of RAM in total but is it available? the machines system needs ex amount just to work. 500 mb's should be enough to operate this forum with. I'd check in the (task manager) ''performance'' to see whats running and how much usage RAM you have left to make sure.

A defragment will also speed things up.

Edited by bizzard

I have had similar problems in the past with another (non canal related) forum I used to visit regularly.

I would get whole periods of total non-useability, whilst most other users were reporting no issues - obviously very frustrating when this occurs.

The odd thing, (as I think is the case with some here), is that no other site I visited was affected, all others being fine.

Ultimately I believe it was an issue with the routing that my ISP was using to access the site - people made various suggestions around tracing routes, and tweaking the servers being used to resolve addresses, but I never fully resolved it.

In the end it went away, and I believe it was due to something "external" getting "sorted" that was totally independent to either my environment, or that hosting the forum I was trying to access.

If your problem is like mine, and persists, it can be a real bugger, because you'll constantly get people saying "but your combination of things is working fine for me!"!

• 2 weeks later...