Possible tragedy at Shardlow

Pappa Lazarou

Featured Posts

Excitement at Shardlow yesterday, two police helecoptors, two van loads police dogs, a police car and one copper on a mountain bike which happened to have a dynamo on its back wheel working a blue flashing light on his helmet,which has to be said, was not flashing very quickly, searching boats for a white bearded male (no not Santa Clause,too early,albeit only just)

update to follow.............

Excitement at Shardlow yesterday, two police helecoptors, two van loads police dogs, a police car and one copper on a mountain bike which happened to have a dynamo on its back wheel working a blue flashing light on his helmet,which has to be said, was not flashing very quickly, searching boats for a white bearded male (no not Santa Clause,too early,albeit only just)

It probably needs gearing up a bit

Is this another finding money in boat story?

Remember the story of the little boy who cried "wolf"?

• Greenie 1

Now, would that be a male with a white beard or a white man with a beard of some other colour?

I feel really bad now that this thread is seen to be mocking what is a very worrying situation. Perhaps the fact that it was described as "excitement" in the OP did not really convey the gravity of the situation.

I sincerely hope this gentleman turns up safe and well soon

I feel really bad now that this thread is seen to be mocking what is a very worrying situation. Perhaps the fact that it was described as "excitement" in the OP did not really convey the gravity of the situation.

I sincerely hope this gentleman turns up safe and well soon

I too was going to add a completely fatuous remark, but have read story, and I agree with rose, and wish all the best.

I hope he is found soon.

Swerving off topic sightly, Who are "Watersafe UK"?I've never heard of this organisation.

From the article linked:

"Police, mountain rescue teams and Watersafe UK staff searched for the man yesterday."