ode to joy

luctor et emergo

Featured Posts

Here we go again..

It has just started to deluge down again, and just had the first hire boat powering past, on their forced way back to the base..

And the oilimpiccs have just finished too.. now what is going to cheer the nation up? Or help Cameroon make us forget that the country is in dire straights?

<_<

Here we go again..

It has just started to deluge down again, and just had the first hire boat powering past, on their forced way back to the base..

And the oilimpiccs have just finished too.. now what is going to cheer the nation up? Or help Cameroon make us forget that the country is in dire straights?

<_<

Are you living in a time warp, I'm watching the marathon at this very moment, and there is more to come later today :unsure:

Roger

Edited by Roger Gunkel

Well , not acording to the commentators last night. When Mo did his thing, it was all over, to all intent. I know there are a few more left overs, (boxing, marathon) , but the main interest now is the Spice Girls reunion concert tonight. Ooops, did I say that out loud...? :huh:

Whats worse, Sir Paul, or the Spice Girls? Discuss

Well , not acording to the commentators last night. When Mo did his thing, it was all over, to all intent. I know there are a few more left overs, (boxing, marathon) , but the main interest now is the Spice Girls reunion concert tonight. Ooops, did I say that out loud...? :huh:

Whats worse, Sir Paul, or the Spice Girls? Discuss

has to be Sir Paul

Wish i'd bought shares in "just for men"

He must use gallons of the stuff

Finished? We've just won another gold!

ETA: And finished with another silver!!

Edited by dor

Nowt to look forward to? What about:

•  
  • Paralympics.
  • Amazing information coming back to earth from the Mars rover Curiosity.
  • It's not below zero yet, so enjoy the rain! At least there's water in the canal
  • Having a chortle with good mates
  • Beer
  • Teenaged ducklings pecking about with their little fluffy chickywings flapping
  • Chocolate

That's good enough to keep me smiling for a few months yet :cheers:

• Greenie 1

BSP - you have a narrow boat, Narrow boats are well known for having a finite amount of storage space - I therefore do not feel it is possible for you to have sufficient space on board to store enough chocolate to keep you happy for several months. You have either exaggerated or else you need to start sharing that chocoalte stash!

(BSP hopes Chesh doesn't notice the chocky bar shaped lumps and bumps inside the cushions, under the seats, inside her cardy, behind the bath panel, inside the gas locker, under the bed slats, inside the hot water bottle cover, in the DVD cases...)

Edited by BlueStringPudding

(BSP hopes Chesh doesn't notice the chocky bar shaped lumps and bumps inside the cushions, under the seats, inside her cardy, behind the bath panel, inside the gas locker, under the bed slats, inside the hot water bottle cover, in the DVD cases...)

Chesh, the above is all true the book shelves are full of Joanne Harris books too :lol:

mind the boats a bloody mess in the warm weather ;)

BSP - you have a narrow boat, Narrow boats are well known for having a finite amount of storage space - I therefore do not feel it is possible for you to have sufficient space on board to store enough chocolate to keep you happy for several months. You have either exaggerated or else you need to start sharing that chocoalte stash!

She is planning to hide her heavy stash of chocolate in the space above her deck-head lining. She cant get the screws out because the screw heads are damaged. Should we tell her it's a bad idea in warm weather anyway, or just wait until it drips on her head?:)

Edited by Radiomariner

Well I spent Sunday at Hadleigh Farm watching the Mountain Bike race and it was awesomely top fun, even if the plucky Brit got wiped out with a broken ankle on the second lap.

And now it's over, I've still got a boat, so yay me!

And it's Shrewsbury Folk festival and my birthday rolled into one, so double yah, even if it is going to blurge it down 'till September