Cheeky towpath folk!

Ally

Featured Posts

Loud sex will soon shift them..

Situation can be reversed.

My wife and I had to eat our Sunday lunch accomanied by the grunts and groans comming from a boat moored at the bottom of the pub beer garden. Actually we thought it very funny and gave them a round of applause upon climax!

My wife and I had to eat our Sunday lunch accomanied by the grunts and groans comming from a boat moored at the bottom of the pub beer garden. Actually we thought it very funny and gave them a round of applause upon climax!

Hot nuts or a full three course affair?

My sister and I spent a looooong evening camped next to a rather noisily active tent. In the end (during round 3?) we shouted encouragement along with the rhythm - and a few other tents around joined in. I can't remember whether they ever finished the job....

As to the boat - my nets are quite thick and from inside you can see how much is pisses people off that they can't quite see detail inside. I like to wait till their noses are pressed up close then shout to ask em if they need a closer look at 'my home'. I did also enjoy scaring hell out of two boys last year - my side hatch was ajar on the towpath side and I could feel them daring to shove their heads in. So I stood quietly just beside the hatch, grabbed the hand of one as he leaned in, and asked up close if I could help him. Strange - I thought I was being friendly, but they ran ever so fast... Generally I am quite a nice person though - have lost count of the number of kids I've offered rides to when they're shyly admiring the boat and asking questions.

Strange, but I can't get over excited about this. We have portholes and only put plugs in the bedroom ones. Anyone peeping around 8 in the morning could well be in for a good eyeful.

Slightly o/t, but where do you buy those from?

Hot nuts or a full three course affair?

All thru my stilton mushrooms and halfway thru the roast beef! At The Plough Fen Ditton mid May just incase it was somebody here :lol:

Good thing about the Fens, no towpaths and the footpaths generally run along the top of the flood banks some 50m from the river itself.

Most of the folk who do soft furnishing for boats will produce them. Usually, they are a disk of foam slightly larger than the porthole, covered tightly with fabric so that they wedge into the hole. Central buttons are optional.

A lot of potential problems can be solved by drawing the curtains on the towpath side, to prevent nosey onlookers/etc from seeing the inside of a boat.

People seeing the inside of the boat is hardly a problem is it?

Made them. Disk of ply a bit smaller than the porthole, glued foam draught excluder round the edge. Drilled a hole through the centre and put a countersunk bolt through for a knob with a dob of glue around the head just to hold it. Covered in fabric on one side bringing it over the edge and gluing down to the wood. Disc or material again with small hole through the centre slipped over bolt and glues to wood just covering the turned over edge of the material from the other side. knob screwed on bolt to pull them out of the porthole with and the jobs done in good old Blue Peter style.

Edited by ditchcrawler

Better to let them see there's nothing to steal than let them think you're hiding something valuable.

No sorry I don't believe that, and i think if you lived on the towpath you might think like me too. I treat all people that hang around the boat and say " o were just looking mate" with suspicion. Sorry

Darren

No sorry I don't believe that, and i think if you lived on the towpath you might think like me too. I treat all people that hang around the boat and say " o were just looking mate" with suspicion. Sorry

Darren

I suspect Chertsey has plenty of experience of living/mooring in all sorts of places.

I actually feel very sorry for all these people like Darren who think the worst of everyone.

Darren

I have lived on the towpath, in the middle of Huddersfield. It is because of my suspicions* of people's motives that I would rather they could see I have nothing to steal.

*Agreed Graham - a tiny minority of people. But regardless of how many potential thieves are out there, does anyone really think that drawing the curtains is going to put them off?

Edited by Chertsey

What if you DID have valuables though? Camera? Laptop? etc Would you leave these on full view, or try and hide them somewhere?

If I did (which I didn't) I would obviously hide them in a cupboard or something. The problem with shutting the curtains is it makes it look like you have something to hide even if you haven't. Also, if I was in a potentially dodgy place I simply wouldn't leave valuables on the boat, visible or not.

Charring it with a blowlamp around the lid and dripping a some molten cheese over it would make it look more authentic. :closedeyes:

That's how my laptop looks anyway

I also paint a childish picture on the TV and stick it on the fridge so that it looks like a crappy pictue that my kid did; the trick is to paint it on cling-film so that you can peel it back to watch TV

That's how my laptop looks anyway

I also paint a childish picture on the TV and stick it on the fridge so that it looks like a crappy pictue that my kid did; the trick is to paint it on cling-film so that you can peel it back to watch TV

why, the picture is probably far more interesting.....