Collision Repair

Featured Posts

Thank you everyone!!! cheers.gif

1347971678[/url]' post='941359']

Don't forget the piccies

Have a hole cut in the bow can't be any more traumatic as getting the dent in the first place

..... which boat will you bring home ;)

I am not sure....!!!! I MUST go and take pictures.....

1347973456[/url]' post='941373']

YERE-HAH! Very good news, Miss B.

But did the other so'n'so admit liability or are you going to get a sickening blow in your no claims bonus?

I will only have confidence about the outcome once the bill is paid...

1347979567[/url]' post='941407']

I can't help thinking that when you come to repainting the damaged 'Bones' label a tromp l'oeil version would be a suitable style...

smile.gif

1347981004[/url]' post='941415']

Also glad to hear the good ship is on the mend - any chance you might do that journey up the River Wey next summer to show us all at this end how well it's been done?

There might be new and exciting developments on the North End of the W & A to look at as well!

Richard and Nessa

i must do the Wey! It is on my list and next year is good as any....I owe my cousin a visit in Windsor too.

1347985272[/url]' post='941443']

I am so pleased. I am wondering if you are keeping the work force entertained with s few choice tunes on your piano while they work :)

I am not sure my piano playing is entertaining but I am pleased you put that in writing!cheers.gif

Thank you everyone!!! cheers.gif

i must do the Wey! It is on my list and next year is good as any....I owe my cousin a visit in Windsor too.

Oh! the cousin that lives in that big building with a Standard flying when they are at home.

• 4 weeks later...

The boat has now been repaired. The big dent in the bow has gone. The inside wall has been replaced and the bow doors and gas locker fixed. Here is the bow repair... I am pleased with it!

repair_zps4ac8ed22.jpg

Edited by Bones

Hi Bones, make double sure the gas locker seems and its gas-tight integrity has been maintained!!!

BTW: loving the sign-writing

Regards

Rob

I believe that some work was carried out on the gas locker and not just the freeing of the hatch cover

Hi Bones, make double sure the gas locker seems and its gas-tight integrity has been maintained!!!

BTW: loving the sign-writing

Regards

Rob

It is.

I am impressed they replicated the sign writing. Doing the original involved a great deal of hilarity, alcohol, hanging upside down and painting backwards so I was pleased to see it replicated.

I believe that some work was carried out on the gas locker and not just the freeing of the hatch cover

:cheers:;)

I am impressed they replicated the sign writing. Doing the original involved a great deal of hilarity, alcohol, hanging upside down and painting backwards so I was pleased to see it replicated.

Did they replicate the technique too?

Hi Rob,when you say gas-tight do you mean just at the bottom of the locker?

Ian.

Apart from the drain hole, the locker has to be gas-tight all the way up to the height of any high pressure equipment OR the top of the cylinder, which ever is higher. See check 7.2.1 in Chapter 7 http://www.boatsafetyscheme.org/boat-examination/private-boats

Taking Bones as one example, if the seams had got damaged or cracked in the collision, then escaping gas from, say the cylinder joint, could find its way into the craft interior and start to build up.

Regards

Rob

I sincerely wish you a swift conclusion to getting your boat (and home) fixed.

I can only try and imagine how you must have felt after the incident and how you feel now going through the issues of getting the insurance company up to speed and of course the boat repairs quoted and completed.

I wish you all the very best.

We do too.

We found this forum a true source of support when reeling after our 'incident'. Nearly 4 months on and back in our boat, we appreciate our lovely home even more than before.