MY JSA SUSPENDED AGAIN

FORTUNATA

Featured Posts

I hate text speak it is just lazy. If you have something to say at least have the decency to write it :angry:

If you are referring to "EBBOM" trust me that abbreviation long pre-dates the availability of texting.

EBBOM

That was just lazy Phylis.. at least find another comeback.

If you are referring to "EBBOM" trust me that abbreviation long pre-dates the availability of texting.

Agree 100% It was used many years ago when I was studying psychology.

Edited by Guest

Agree 100% It was used many years ago when I was studying psychology.

Working in a large multi-national, it was, trust me, part of the vocabulary!

Mind you certain things tended to get used, and then stay part of the language for years thereafter.

Most of my former colleagues would, for example, still recognise the concept of an idea being "Upminster".

("Several stops, beyond Barking" - for those who have not come across it.......)

Why should I waste my time when you obviously cant be arsed yourself?

You could always be the paragon of virtue and set a better example than I?

The OP was supposed to attend an interview with Ghandi and Ali? They down at the job Club then?

Yes, Ali fought against their decison and Ghandi resisted it passively.

Never :P

:cheers:

Apparently Elvis was there too but he got an interview down the chip shop (and didn't miss it)

He didn't get the chip shop job though, 'cause he drives a bus in Wigan. I've seen him with me own eye.

Talking of Elvis and chip shops; found this on youtube recently. What a wonderful woman Kirsty Macoll was:

Not quite around here. When I was a teenager the expression amongst us petrol heads was "engage brain before putting mouth into gear"...

EBBPMIG

Mike

I think it is harsh if JSA is the only income.

In this day and age; "harsh" is people who are left without any money for more than a year because DWP didn't do a decent job of interpreting rules that have been in law since 2004, when Judges rightly say that that is not "exceptional" because there are so any other people in the system in the same boat, hence they can't expedite individual proceedings on hardship grounds.

Or people prescribed morphine for pain, or with psychotic illnesses being found fit for work and living that same year with a reduction of 30, 40, or 50 quid a week on already stretched incomes, or people sanctioned for 26 weeks because they thought that they were in the right not persisting with a job that took 3 hours of their day travelling to & fro work for little above minimum wage.

Dealing with that is my day to day and to hear this continual bleating; especially in light of refusal to engage the aforementioed appeal process; which founds a clear inference of mea culpa goads me somewhat.

A fortnight's giro, in perspective, is small beans.

And don't get me started on Ghandi...

Richard, can I keep your soapbox for kindling?

In this day and age; "harsh" is people who are left without any money for more than a year because DWP didn't do a decent job of interpreting rules that have been in law since 2004, when Judges rightly say that that is not "exceptional" because there are so any other people in the system in the same boat, hence they can't expedite individual proceedings on hardship grounds.

Or people prescribed morphine for pain, or with psychotic illnesses being found fit for work and living that same year with a reduction of 30, 40, or 50 quid a week on already stretched incomes, or people sanctioned for 26 weeks because they thought that they were in the right not persisting with a job that took 3 hours of their day travelling to & fro work for little above minimum wage.

Dealing with that is my day to day and to hear this continual bleating; especially in light of refusal to engage the aforementioed appeal process; which founds a clear inference of mea culpa goads me somewhat.

A fortnight's giro, in perspective, is small beans.

And don't get me started on Ghandi...

Richard, can I keep your soapbox for kindling?

I agree there are many genuine dependants who the state should support, I personally know someone whose case for industrial injury collapsed when he was photographed sea fishing of the pier, yet despite this he still got incapacity benefit for 2 years, he has recently lost it and the subsequent appeal, unfortunately there must be many others who hopefully will be retested so that those that need it are hopefully easily identified and get more support.

I agree there are many genuine dependants who the state should support, I personally know someone whose case for industrial injury collapsed when he was photographed sea fishing of the pier, yet despite this he still got incapacity benefit for 2 years, he has recently lost it and the subsequent appeal, unfortunately there must be many others who hopefully will be retested so that those that need it are hopefully easily identified and get more support.

There's not really enough information there to come to a well founded opinion of whether your fisherman was entitled to his out of work benefit. There's a good possibility that it was shifting goal posts rather than any perceived ability that caught him out.

Sadly those shifting goal posts are catching an awful lot of people who probably should be accepted as unfit, rather than filtering those who aren't.

There's not really enough information there to come to a well founded opinion of whether your fisherman was entitled to his out of work benefit. There's a good possibility that it was shifting goal posts rather than any perceived ability that caught him out.

Sadly those shifting goal posts are catching an awful lot of people who probably should be accepted as unfit, rather than filtering those who aren't.

It wasn't out of work benefit it was incapacity benefit (perhaps they are the same) guess that his previous claim for a work based injury to his back largely failed when he was casting a large sea fishing rod over his head. I remember him being totally upfront when he started getting the benefit , that it meant he didn't have to work again. I can't comment on his medical condition and actually I like he guy my point was more that there must be many like him taking up not only a lot of cash but also a lot of time of the benefit staff that perhaps therefore aren't able to give enough attention to this with genuine needs. Anyway I think its time I got back in my box.

i can not be botherd to read all posts, but in my opioion, any one/ every one on jsa after 3 months should be given the option of being shot or made to work in the commuinity for free, there are way too many sponges in this oh so politically correct country, no wonder we are the epicentre of all migrantes, my self i am not a native of the UK nor is my wife, yet we have both managed to find work. there is work out there for people who want it. what really annoys me is my tax goes to support these scroungers, instead of paying these lepers for months on end, they should pay jsa for a maxium of 3 moths then divert there payments to the NHS. controversal ? oh on a sode note, i was talking to a primary school teacher today, and she has been told she can not say black bin bags in school any more ! they have to refer to them as refuge bags !! Just what is happening to this once great country, a country that once had an empire ?

It wasn't out of work benefit it was incapacity benefit (perhaps they are the same) guess that his previous claim for a work based injury to his back largely failed when he was casting a large sea fishing rod over his head. I remember him being totally upfront when he started getting the benefit , that it meant he didn't have to work again. I can't comment on his medical condition and actually I like he guy my point was more that there must be many like him taking up not only a lot of cash but also a lot of time of the benefit staff that perhaps therefore aren't able to give enough attention to this with genuine needs. Anyway I think its time I got back in my box.

If he was claiming for two years it was more likely Employment and Support Allowance (all new claims since OCt 08 have been for ESA); which much akin to it's predecessor Incapacity Benefit, was an out of work benefit... [/pedant]

they have to refer to them as refuge bags !!

By the tone of your post I thought you'd approve!

Edited by Smelly

all migrantes, my self i am not a native of the UK nor is my wife, yet we have both managed to find work.

Blimmin French stealing all our jobs... :)

do i sound like a looney lefty ? i do not think so .I think you need to re read my post.

To be frank, I think you need to check the spelling first ;)

ha ha , as i stated in my earlier post, i nor my wife are native of this country, so i must appoligse for my spelling and incorrect grammar, how ever if i had wrote in my native language you would not of understood a word , oh perhaps i am being presumtions and you are in fact multi lingwool, can you read and write any other language ? perhaps i could write to you in a language you could understand better than my very poor attempt at english .

do i sound like a looney lefty ? i do not think so .I think you need to re read my post. or are the left wing advocating executing people after 3 months jsa clame ?

I'd rather not re-read your post thank you

Once was enough

I'm trying to work out if it was just a hateful diatribe or just drivel

• Greenie 1

Diatribe - A bitter, abusive denunciation. if yout not sure what it means then how can i possible know what it means ? after all you have a better command of the queens language than me.

I chose the word diatribe carefully knowing what it means

The only uncertainty was in deciding whether what you had written was diatribe or drivel

But then I think you know that