MY JSA SUSPENDED AGAIN

FORTUNATA

Featured Posts

It is reasonable to expect that claimants will actually apply themselves diligently to obeying the rules, and NOT expect the system to just look after everything for them.

Ah but what about people who don't have the capacity to comply with all the rules and regulations... people who are easily confused, or don't have the language skills to understand them^

People who genuinely cheat the system tend to be smart enough to attend all meetings and appear to follow the rules those that genuinely need the system may lose out because they can't do what is needed

^ I'm not referring to people on here

Guest wanted

Oi! What are you trying to say?

:P I am pretending not to be jealous by accusing others who have more of being bourgeois and unnecessary. It's what us anti capitalist brigade do innit! :cheers:

Have you made mistakes at work? I can think of scores of times when our staff forgot things. One guy was always leaving keys in doors. I used to find keys to secure areas left in a door. Did the guy lose his salary for a given number of weeks? Nope, he received a typed warning after 2 similar incidents.

Again, I think intention is the key word. Mistakes aren't intended. And I'm not totally sure I made one as I still haven't located that letter anywhere.

P.S. The last time I went to tribunal was over an accusation I'd left a shift early. It was totally false. I'd left bang on six a.m. when I should have. Some guy had evidently come at 5.30, didn't see me (I was doing a last patrol)and then later told the manager who phoned my company to say I'd left earlier than I should.

As I recall, I located CCTV footage trained on the gate and went to tribunal. I won a payout.

And if you missed a second appointment?

ETA: It isnt about being a pushover or a doormat. It is about admitting that you have made a mistake and accepting the consequences for that mistake.

:P I am pretending not to be jealous by accusing others who have more of being bourgeois and unnecessary. It's what us anti capitalist brigade do innit! :cheers:

Well I can assure you that there was no servility to mobs or monarchs whilst acquiring my greenies.

Have you made mistakes at work? I can think of scores of times when our staff forgot things. One guy was always leaving keys in doors. I used to find keys to secure areas left in a door. Did the guy lose his salary for a given number of weeks? Nope, he received a typed warning after 2 similar incidents.

Again, I think intention is the key word. Mistakes aren't intended. And I'm not totally sure I made one as I still haven't located that letter anywhere.

P.S. The last time I went to tribunal was over an accusation I'd left a shift early. It was totally false. I'd left bang on six a.m. when I should have. Some guy had evidently come at 5.30, didn't see me (I was doing a last patrol)and then later told the manager who phoned my company to say I'd left earlier than I should.

As I recall, I located CCTV footage trained on the gate and went to tribunal. I won a payout.

Do you make a habit of taking people to tribunal?

In all honesty if you decide to press on with this case I cant see where you will get any benefit from it. Any court is going to take into account that this isnt the first instance where your JSA has been stopped in similar circumstances.

Dont bite the hand that feeds you.......

a doormat. Too many people these days simply accept unfair play, be it from employers or Government departments. It doesn't win respect, trust me. You will be a doormat even more.

either.

I not sure that the people you are dealing with (DWP) function at the 'I'm only human' level, it's bureaucracy. Most are just locked into a system of work that dictates their reaction - may be, under-staffed.. From experience, councilling isn't their forte.

Don't try to elicit respect. Play ball and respect yourself. No point trying to spit against the wind.

That's a beggars-can't-be-choosers reference.

I think every tax payer, finding themselves on the dole, has already paid to be supported.

No it isnt.

Its a not trying to play hard ball against the system reference.

It wont get him anywhere other than a more difficult and potentially much more expensive situation.

Do you make a habit of taking people to tribunal?

I read that reference as the OP took an employer to an employment tribunal to claim unfair dismissal,

surely if you felt your employer had dismissed you unfairly accusing you of something you patently hadn't done, and even better you could prove them wrong with CCTV evidence you would too surely, I know I certainly would.

No it isnt.

It wont get him anywhere other than a more difficult and potentially much more expensive situation.

That's something I made reference to above.

I read that reference as the OP took an employer to an employment tribunal to claim unfair dismissal,

surely if you felt your employer had dismissed you unfairly accusing you of something you patently hadn't done, and even better you could prove them wrong with CCTV evidence you would too surely, I know I certainly would.

Probably not. Because if the employer felt so little about me that they dimissed me on those terms (i.e the terms the OP spoke about, leaving a half hour early) then they were not worth working for in the first place and why would I want more of their money?

Editted to swap a late for early :rolleyes:

Edited by Phylis

Probably not. Because if the employer felt so little about me that they dimissed me on those terms (i.e the terms the OP spoke about, leaving a half hour early) then they were not worth working for in the first place and why would I want more of their money?

Editted to swap a late for early :rolleyes:

If by leaving early a security guard left a building / site unattended for half an hour then yes that is fair grounds for dismissal however Fortunatata hadn't and could prove that so he was right to go to tribunal - in a fair world his accuser should have paid for the mistake but heyho fairness is only supposed to work one way

If by leaving early a security guard left a building / site unattended for half an hour then yes that is fair grounds for dismissal however Fortunatata hadn't and could prove that so he was right to go to tribunal - in a fair world his accuser should have paid for the mistake but heyho fairness is only supposed to work one way

However upon being given the evidence the employer still didnt feel the need to keep him on. Would you still want to work for such an employer?

O.K., while this online debate has been going on, the Jobcentre phoned me. A nice lady as well and very polite. We talked the whole thing over calmly. To be fair, I had to confess it was likely and probable a screw-up had taken place due to confusion. I'd hate a member of staff to be accused of a blunder because my feeling is something just got lost in my bag. Or dropped on the floor. Who knows?

I'm dropping the formal complaint but am going to be writing a polite letter to request they consider it really wasn't deliberate. We also agreed that in future I may need to either take someone with me or find some way to record information.

I think acute absent mindedness has much to do with it too although it's strange how efficient I am on security as opposed to paperwork. I've been taking care of a friend's house while she was on holiday in Las vegas and her alarm was set and doors securely locked each night to a "T".

I hope this has at least been different for a Living Afloat debate but please note I am prepared to admit I make mistakes and give some. ground

No it isnt.

They tried to get me back. It was regretted in the end after much time had passed.

However upon being given the evidence the employer still didnt feel the need to keep him on. Would you still want to work for such an employer?

O.K., while this online debate has been going on, the Jobcentre phoned me. A nice lady as well and very polite. We talked the whole thing over calmly. To be fair, I had to confess it was likely and probable a screw-up had taken place due to confusion. I'd hate a member of staff to be accused of a blunder because my feeling is something just got lost in my bag. Or dropped on the floor. Who knows?

I'm dropping the formal complaint but am going to be writing a polite letter to request they consider it really wasn't deliberate. We also agreed that in future I may need to either take someone with me or find some way to record information.

I think acute absent mindedness has much to do with it too although it's strange how efficient I am on security as opposed to paperwork. I've been taking care of a friend's house while she was on holiday in Las vegas and her alarm was set and doors securely locked each night to a "T".

I hope this has at least been different for a Living Afloat debate but please note I am prepared to admit I make mistakes and give some. ground

They tried to get me back. It was regretted in the end after much time had passed.

Sounds like you handled it maturely & sensibly. So how are you going to remember future appointments? Do you have a plan?

There you go then. You have some grounds to move forwards from. And also a lesson learnt that you need to be slightly more organised with your paperwork.

Hopefully you will find a job in the not too distant future :cheers:

Which is why I can errupt when it appears some injustice is taking place. I definitely don't regret my letter of complaint but feel it's right to try and find the truth before anyone is blamed. I believe they really ought to give me the "benefit" of the doubt (pardon the pun) and meet me halfway although now it is up to them.

quote name='KevMc' timestamp='1338389088' post='881446']

We all know that words like old chestnut and brigade are used as a way of belittling an opinion, usually by the right wing I have noticed. However I am not necessarily anti anything, I pay my tax fair and square, I don't believe that the likes of vodafone do. When all around us is crumbling I also find it pretty low to blame the person struggling the most. Big cooperation are the real rulers of this green and pleasant land. I for one would like to see them held to account.

How true. As I stated earlier, the term "old chestnut" has become something of an old chestnut itself.

I hate to say it but I really see no end to my absent mindedness. It's quite common for me to have odd socks or shoes that don't match. Yet with security I'm bang on and efficient.

Where that letter ended up I still have no idea whatsoever. Wish I knew as a mystery.

Sounds like you handled it maturely & sensibly. So how are you going to remember future appointments? Do you have a plan?

I hate to say it but I really see no end to my absent mindedness. It's quite common for me to have odd socks or shoes that don't match. Yet with security I'm bang on and efficient.

Where that letter ended up I still have no idea whatsoever. Wish I knew as a mystery.

Maybe having your JSA suspended every now and again will help you with your absent mindedness ;)

Talking about doing the necessary to keep people happy at the Jobcentre and efficiency.

I'm with one of their contractors, Ingeus, a works programme office. Was sent a next-appointment letter. Before that appointment, was sent another next-appointment letter. Apointments weeks apart. First, not attended yet. No reference to the first appointment. Looks like a cock-up, so I will attend the first anyway.

Both letters also make reference to some (?) tasks that have to be done, prior to the appointment. They do, however, forget to include the nature of the tasks or make any further mention of any task. I havn't been on their psychic work experience course, so I'll make the first appointment to find out what they're doing.

Can I suggest you try using a diary. Hard copy, phone, or computer version, though I find a hard copy best.

I too am bad at appointments - I used to have a system a bit like Inspector Frost's and used to miss things

I found I had to develop several new habits:

As soon as I get home with a new appointment card for something it goes in the diary before I do anything else

As soon as something arrives in the post or by e-mail it goes in the diary as soon as I open the envelope

The system won't work unless I check the diary frequently - that is almost daily or daily if I've got a busy week

A certain amount of self discipline is required but as the habit grows it gets easier

No but there is a principle at stake. In this instance I would shaft them, then donate the money to a charity of my choice. That way the company has been suitably punished, the charity has money it once didn't have, i am not handling their dirty money and I would be away from the shit employer. I call that a win win win situation.

You can still be absent minded & meet your appointments if you have a plan.

forget the past and concentrate on the future.

How do you remember security type things? can you apply it to JSA appointments?

Can you turn your JSA appointments into a security type thing?

Do you keep a diary?

Do you use a mobile? It may have a diary reminder function - you could set it as soon as you get the appointment instructions