MY JSA SUSPENDED AGAIN

FORTUNATA

Featured Posts

I think that you and Tuscan may be missing Fortunatas real point, the system doesn't work, they don't have any set rules (they make their own up) and they see any route to cut benefit and they will do, whether fair or not.

I have tried to get support to set my own business up, they will not consider it until I am 6 months unemployed, and then I have to have my own money.

I have tried to get support to do courses (ie BSC cert ) and cannot get anything before 6 months is up, and then they will not pay to retrain me in any courses out of my field.

Stand back and look beyond the Governments rhetoric, they couldn't give a toss about the almost 3m unemployed, they only give a toss about whether they will still be here at the next election.

Matty I don't mean to sound harsh but why should the taxpayer pay for you to set up your own business, i am sorry you are out of work but starting a business with no personal investment seems to me doomed to failure. I was accosted by two teenagers who leaflet dropping the village looking for work , anything from car washing, to ironing, gardening, they were seeking money to buy equipment to set up their own holiday home cleaning business. Have you considered something similar maybe linked to the business you were hoping to set up? You never know one of the recipients might be a potential investor.

Problem: Too many people v's too few jobs.

Result: Residue of unemployed people.

Don't get too smug; it might be your turn next.

(not aimed at anybody in particular.)

Edited by Guest

We got a letter through our door this morning,

it was intended for the young lad next door, as it happens I bumped into him just after and told him, explained I would push it through his letter box later, which I did.

Not for the first time have we had next doors mail.

It happens...perhaps the OP needs to be given the benefit of the doubt, not only by the DSS but by the forum?

Lots of post goes missing.Benefit of doubt is a thing of the past i feel,its a shame how little trust there is in all walks of life nowadays.

Ian.

Matty I don't mean to sound harsh but why should the taxpayer pay for you to set up your own business, i am sorry you are out of work but starting a business with no personal investment seems to me doomed to failure. I was accosted by two teenagers who leaflet dropping the village looking for work , anything from car washing, to ironing, gardening, they were seeking money to buy equipment to set up their own holiday home cleaning business. Have you considered something similar maybe linked to the business you were hoping to set up? You never know one of the recipients might be a potential investor.

don't worry about me tuscan, I am setting things in place, however, there is NO support.(and I am seriously in financial shit)

How are you supposed to have money available after 6 months unemployed,

and how does this stand with the governments pledge to get people back to work......

and support new business set ups etc....

There are a lot of decent, hard working people that have found themselves out of work for the first time in their lives during this recession. I know a few of them, and it's been a soul destroying experience. A couple that I know have given up on claiming the benefits that they're legally entitled to because the whole process of claiming enough money to live on while you look for work has been made humiliating and soul destroying. They are the lucky ones that have family or friends that can support them, though neither come from wealthy families and they are buckling under the burden.

Please don't judge - jobs really are not that easy to come by nowadays, you or yours could quite easily fall off that cliff any day.

And in the mean time the rich enjoy paying a minimal amount of tax due to all their wheezes and the emphasis remains on putting the squeeze on the unemployed and the disabled. It ain't right.

• Greenie 1

don't worry about me tuscan, I am setting things in place, however, there is NO support.(and I am seriously in financial shit)

How are you supposed to have money available after 6 months unemployed,

and how does this stand with the governments pledge to get people back to work......

and support new business set ups etc....

Governments do not support new businesses i found that out many years ago,i was lucky and had enough family support.I hoped by now that banks and the governments would see sense and help those that want to work hard but seems not.

There are a lot of decent, hard working people that have found themselves out of work for the first time in their lives during this recession. I know a few of them, and it's been a soul destroying experience. A couple that I know have given up on claiming the benefits that they're legally entitled to because the whole process of claiming enough money to live on while you look for work has been made humiliating and soul destroying. They are the lucky ones that have family or friends that can support them, though neither come from wealthy families and they are buckling under the burden.

Please don't judge - jobs really are not that easy to come by nowadays, you or yours could quite easily fall off that cliff any day.

And in the mean time the rich enjoy paying a minimal amount of tax due to all their wheezes and the emphasis remains on putting the squeeze on the unemployed and the disabled. It ain't right.

Post of the day. Well said Ange, I too know a few folk who are being hit for the first time in their lives. These are a diverse group including professional people. I have been extremely lucky, just having had a few short stints out of work in 41 years; others I know have been less fortunate. Indeed please don't judge; you never know when it will be your turn.

Governments do not support new businesses i found that out many years ago,i was lucky and had enough family support.I hoped by now that banks and the governments would see sense and help those that want to work hard but seems not.

In the true British tradition, they look after their own.

Edited by Guest

Problem: Too many people v's too few jobs.

Result: Residue of unemployed people.

Don't get too smug; it might be your turn next.

(not aimed at anybody in particular.)

Phew. I was getting paranoid as I haven't been an employee for 25 years.

Post of the day. Well said Ange, I too know a few folk who are being hit for the first time in their lives. These are a diverse group including professional people. I have been extremely lucky, just having had a few short stints out of work in 41 years; others I know have been less fortunate. Indeed please don't judge; you never know when it will be your turn.

Dont we all?

Dont we all?

Our very survival instinct tends to make us look after our own. There is a very big difference between that, and the lying barstewards in government and money circles who make promises to help businesses and suchlike, then when you get there, there is nowt down for you. You later find that the funds available have been used to finance some folly that didn't need help in the first instance, but because they were in the same golf club or whatever, the funds were secured. The banks and suchlike have been screwing us over for years; I am pleased to note that people are finally waking up to the facts.

Our very survival instinct tends to make us look after our own. There is a very big difference between that, and the lying barstewards in government and money circles who make promises to help businesses and suchlike, then when you get there, there is nowt down for you. You later find that the funds available have been used to finance some folly that didn't need help in the first instance, but because they were in the same golf club or whatever, the funds were secured. The banks and suchlike have been screwing us over for years; I am pleased to note that people are finally waking up to the facts.

Some in government lie as do some in finance,as do some on benefits and possibly some on this forum..

Edited by ianali

I agree with some posters here, it is up to us to take responsibility for ourselves etc., whether working or on JSA. BUT the people responsible for JSA are pulling some cunning stunts to catch people out and then be able to withdraw benefits; I know this from experience with somebody very dear to me. I think this is the sort of thing that Janet S is referring to. Another example of "Bent Britain."

Please elaborate about your experience .............

Guest wanted

Dear me, the power of the Mail runs deep in this thread. The OP is human! He has made a mistake! That may please some of you but the reality is that he will loose the pittance that he has to dance for every fortnight, that pittance may be just enough to ensure that he eats. One day we may stop fighting each other and realise that we are all but a slip away from joining the queue. Help each other out people because we all need it.

Peace

• Greenie 4

The jobless total will get a lot higher before it starts to come down again, we'll stay in recession until such time as there are enough cheap easy pickings for the rich, like repossessed houses and bankrupt businesses.

The double dip will most likely be far more severe then the past 3 years, so look forward to more wage & pension cuts, spending cuts etc etc and tax rises in the next budget. All the clues are there, personal credit card debt is massively up, although the government would have you believe we're paying down debt. Government debt is also up, income tax revenue is falling over 12% benefits rising 11% One of the biggest factors though is the true unemployment rate which at conservative estimates is double what the official figures give. The rise in the amount of people now on short hours,16 hours a week plus adds sway to this figure. Over half the people on our trading estate are now working a shorter week in one way or another, and that's on top of the dozens laid off over the past year.

Not even public sector jobs will be safe when the SH1t hits the fan.

You could claim the letter arrived and effectively, they have no way of proving you received it.

There is a presumption in law that mail sent is delivered within a given period of time; it is up to the recipient to rebut that presumption. 1974 Interpretation Act IIRC

Fortunata; if you are given Jobseeking Directions such as "go to this interview" then when you don't there will be a sanction; tis law and it's well placed to deal with wasters in the system.

You've been unemployed long enough that to JCP staff and decision makers above them you will look like said waster. You really need to play the game. You can expect these sanctions as you are; by your own admission, a repeat offender.

Should you really wish to test the mettle; the test of "good cause" is set out in a case called Crewe vs National Insurance Commissioners [1947] AC IIRC; it sets down that the interests of the public purse should be considered when dealing with claimants who are not complying with such obligations. By your description you plainly fall foul of that test.

A continued diatribe; spanning years, concerning the shortcomings of JCP do little to reinforce any perception of your employability... Maybe you need to get with the game!

Dear me, the power of the Mail runs deep in this thread. The OP is human! He has made a mistake! That may please some of you but the reality is that he will loose the pittance that he has to dance for every fortnight, that pittance may be just enough to ensure that he eats. One day we may stop fighting each other and realise that we are all but a slip away from joining the queue. Help each other out people because we all need it.

Peace

Well said that man.........some of the post on here read as if JSA is some sort of reward for being unemployed and to be spent on "special treats" JSA hardly covers the cost of food. If it is the only source of income how is someone supposed to live when unemployed.

• Greenie 1

Peace

At what point do we stop paying for the mistakes of others?

Not that I get a bean out of them after 33 years of contributions.

Malc. :glare:

Why the frown?

I'm happy that for 30 years I have been lucky enough to be a net contributor, rather than be in the unfortunate position of needing to be a recipient. :)

Glass half full?

If we all took care to support British jobs and British workers by buying British goods rather than cheap imported products from areas where the workers exist in little better than slave labour conditions, then there would be plenty of jobs and little need of doling out subsistence to the unemployed. I know that is a simplistic generalisation and I know that some believe that buying goods imported from the poorer regions of the world is helping those people. All well and good but as a nation that no longer enjoys colonial wealth, we probably need to look after ourselves a bit more and at the moment the tables are tipped against us . . .

If we all took care to support British jobs and British workers by buying British goods rather than cheap imported products from areas where the workers exist in little better than slave labour conditions, then there would be plenty of jobs and little need of doling out subsistence to the unemployed. I know that is a simplistic generalisation and I know that some believe that buying goods imported from the poorer regions of the world is helping those people. All well and good but as a nation that no longer enjoys colonial wealth, we probably need to look after ourselves a bit more and at the moment the tables are tipped against us . . .

For colonial wealth read Colonial theft.

I admire your harping on about buying British the problem is we no longer manufacture the things we need. What TV do you have? What computer do you have? In the real world buying British is just impossible.

So true..but so difficult to persuade people to buy British when often the goods cost so much more.It will change i believe as imported goods creep up in price...i try very hard and at least my boat,car and bikes are made here.Not easy to buy daily items made in Britain but i urge people to at least try.

Ian

I work in the Benefits section for a local Council...I've seen several occasions where a claimant has supposedly been sent a letter from JSA which hasn't been received...far too many to be simply coincidence.

Janet

Janet thats funny, friend of mine works in City of York Benefits section, its the same there.