MY JSA SUSPENDED AGAIN

FORTUNATA

Featured Posts

Guest wanted

I was going to get all arsey about Micky44's posts but I seriuosly doubt that anyone is going to change their opinion based on that rot. Crack on Micky, you are doing a great job!

My brother in law is up north. Arrived in the UK about 3 years ago. He got a job as a security guard. Then a driver. He worked a 2nd job delivering pizzas, and has just gotten a job 40hrs a week, cleaning WH Smith stores. My sister in law, arrived 3 yrs ago. She's worked as a secretary, and is now works in a home for the mentally ill. A friend arrived 2 yrs ago. He's started his own building company from scratch, and his wife works for a bank doing telesales. None of my friends are migrants. They're returning Brits...coming back home from the colonies.. none receive any benefits...which...is...why...they...went....out...and....found...jobs...or...starved.

I was going to get all arsey about Micky44's posts but I seriuosly doubt that anyone is going to change their opinion based on that rot. Crack on Micky, you are doing a great job!

I'm inclined to agree with you. Clearly being multi-lingual is not necessarily proof of intelligence!

i can not be botherd to read all posts there's a shock; so a judgement is made without absorbing all of the relevant information , but in my opioion must be right then, any one/ every one on jsa after 3 months should be given the option of being shot or made to work in the commuinity for free daily mail, there are way too many sponges in this oh so politically correct country really? how many exactly would you say? 10% of population? more? less? how many is too many? how many is just enough? what about spongers who are employed yet do nothing; even make things worse yet get paid handsomely like bankers who have shafted us, are they spongers or not? shoot them perhaps?, no wonder we are the epicentre of all migrantes really? sources? there are a large number of "migrants" in the country where my daughter lives (she is one herself.), my self i am not a native of the UK nor is my wife, yet we have both managed to find work. there is work out there for people who want it sweeping statement; i have found work for 41 years but consider myself lucky, compared to some of my friends. what really annoys me is my tax goes to support these scroungers, instead of paying these lepersusing the term "leper" is an insult and should be removed by a mod. You should be ashamed of yourself using that term. It is ignorant use of such offensive terms that have steered us to become the PC nation that you decry for months on end, they should pay jsa for a maxium of 3 moths then divert there payments to the NHS. controversal ? oh on a sode note, i was talking to a primary school teacher today, and she has been told she can not say black bin bags in school any more ! they have to refer to them as refuge bags I have worked in schools for half of my working life, and that is a new one on me. Sounds like one of those urban legends that do the rounds now and again.!! Just what is happening to this once great country, a country that once had an empire it has been destroyed by people talking drivel......?

My brother in law is up north. Arrived in the UK about 3 years ago. He got a job as a security guard. Then a driver. He worked a 2nd job delivering pizzas, and has just gotten a job 40hrs a week, cleaning WH Smith stores. My sister in law, arrived 3 yrs ago. She's worked as a secretary, and is now works in a home for the mentally ill. A friend arrived 2 yrs ago. He's started his own building company from scratch, and his wife works for a bank doing telesales. None of my friends are migrants. They're returning Brits...coming back home from the colonies.. none receive any benefits...which...is...why...they...went....out...and....found...jobs...or...starved.

Great if people can find a job. If somebody is capable of working (and if a suitable job exists in the real world) then it is right and proper that they work. Some people, through no fault of their own, are uncompetitive in the labour market.

Edited by Guest

I too have unfortunately been unemployed in the last 6 months and it isn't easy. BUT you really need to get yourself out there and do whatever work you can. I even borrowed money from friends to enable me to do a day trial at a yard and am now working there.

My boss liked the fact that I was willing to show her that I could do the job, and money wasn't the only incentive.

I went around all the yards, vets, feed merchantsetc, in the area. I made myself known by my first name, chatted to everyone, offered to go and help someone if they had a problem with their horse. Because of my persistance I also have several phone numbers of people who are willing to take me on if things change where I am.

I know I don't work in an office enviroment, but the response would be the same. It is up to YOU to persuade your prospective boss that you are the best person for the job. You really have to make the effort, no one wants to employ you if all you do is moan!

• Greenie 1

im bored of your petty babble,and have neither the time nor inclination to carry on any further. im going to polish my brasses.

You went down with a fight then...

I too have unfortunately been unemployed in the last 6 months and it isn't easy. BUT you really need to get yourself out there and do whatever work you can. I even borrowed money from friends to enable me to do a day trial at a yard and am now working there.

My boss liked the fact that I was willing to show her that I could do the job, and money wasn't the only incentive.

I went around all the yards, vets, feed merchantsetc, in the area. I made myself known by my first name, chatted to everyone, offered to go and help someone if they had a problem with their horse. Because of my persistance I also have several phone numbers of people who are willing to take me on if things change where I am.

I know I don't work in an office enviroment, but the response would be the same. It is up to YOU to persuade your prospective boss that you are the best person for the job. You really have to make the effort, no one wants to employ you if all you do is moan!

Excellent approach, have a greenie.

Roger

Great if people can find a job. If somebody is capable of working (and if a suitable job exists in the real world) then it is right and proper that they work. Some people, through no fault of their own, are uncompetitive in the labour market.

Some people are also lazy and happy to sit around moaning that there are no jobs..

Some people are also lazy and happy to sit around moaning that there are no jobs..

Just as some people are lazy and sit around moaning at work(there are 40 such where I work.) Stating the obvious is one thing; coming up with working (pun intended) solutions is another.

I will go on record as saying that it surprises me how much work is needed in our communities; litter collection, graffiti removal, helping senior citizens etc etc, yet some people have no work. I suppose people would then be moaning on here that their taxes went to paying these layabouts for whom jobs had been invented?

Great model, I'll have to owe you a greenie. Have you considered publishing your experiences in order to help others?

Edited by Guest

Just as some people are lazy and sit around moaning at work(there are 40 such where I work.) Stating the obvious is one thing; coming up with working (pun intended) solutions is another.

I will go on record as saying that it surprises me how much work is needed in our communities; litter collection, graffiti removal, helping senior citizens etc etc, yet some people have no work. I suppose people would then be moaning on here that their taxes went to paying these layabouts for whom jobs had been invented?

I would be happy for part of my taxes to be spent on paying people to pick up litter etc.I have contacted my MP before suggesting such.Wether certain people would be happy to do the work im not so sure about.

Great model. Have you considered publishing your experiences in order to help others?

You are just one. It is my belief that if taxes etc were increased in order to pay people to do such work, then there would be much moaning.

How we encourage people to work who have never known a work ethic, I am unsure. I am not convinced that shooting them is a viable option, as one poster suggested.

My father in law's generation would have said, "The problem is too many bloody women working!" Imagine saying that today?

It is my belief that if taxes etc were increased in order to pay people to do such work, then there would be much moaning.

There wouldn't really be a need to increase taxes as they could be paid the same as JSA to do the work.

Guest wanted

There wouldn't really be a need to increase taxes as they could be paid the same as JSA to do the work.

What work would you do for £7.50 a day? where I live that just about gets you to work and back, never mind lunch.

I respect your posts and opinions but am I the only one who is confused by your avatar? it somehow doesent match! :)

If they were required to work the number of hours that their JSA at minimum equated to then it would

Roughly 10hrs of work to pay for my benefit. However - was shot a while back.

Edited by Higgs

You're misunderstanding that no worker anywhere loses pay on account of alleged misconduct if it's, say, forgetting something or screwing up. Employers have to issue verbal then written warnings. No employer will say, "O.K., you forgot to pass that message onto me yesterday so no salary for you this week!"

If not then you discriminate between classes of individuals.

Be careful what you wish for!

The penalty for an employee who repeatedly screws up is indeed typically various levels of written warning, followed by dismissal from the company, and (one presumes) zero chance of ever being employed by that company again.

If you want the DWP to work in the same way, then you have (by your own admission) already transgressed before, and in an employment scenario might well be on a final written warning here.

Do you REALLY want the penalty for breaking the rules three times to be dismissal (i.e. permanently not getting any benefits ever again).

Clearly, the benefits system cannot work in the same way as employment

There are also other sanctions in employment;

1) Arrive more than 15 minutes late for your shift - get sent home without pay.

2) No-show - no pay, and £50 no-show deduction.

What work would you do for £7.50 a day? where I live that just about gets you to work and back, never mind lunch.

It wouldn't have to be full time... I was only commenting that it wouldn't have to raise tax

I respect your posts and opinions but am I the only one who is confused by your avatar? it somehow doesent match! :)

Thank you, the avatar is the character from a film (V for Vendetta) that came out a few years ago and I use it partially to symbolise my disaffection with politicians of all hues, but more so because I can't find a decent pic of myself :cheers:

Not true. It isn't just a question of transferring JSA to a wage. A whole new organisation would need to be set up to organise and supervise such works. The way we "organise" such things in the UK it would cost a fortune. Imagine the cost of implementing health and safety alone.

The infrastructure for Job Club (or whatever they call it this week) is already in place.

Be careful what you wish for!

The penalty for an employee who repeatedly screws up is indeed typically various levels of written warning, followed by dismissal from the company, and (one presumes) zero chance of ever being employed by that company again.

If you want the DWP to work in the same way, then you have (by your own admission) already transgressed before, and in an employment scenario might well be on a final written warning here.

Do you REALLY want the penalty for breaking the rules three times to be dismissal (i.e. permanently not getting any benefits ever again).

Clearly, the benefits system cannot work in the same way as employment

There are also other sanctions in employment;

1) Arrive more than 15 minutes late for your shift - get sent home without pay.

2) No-show - no pay, and £50 no-show deduction.

I take some of your points, but the last bit is a sweeping statement. I have never been sent home for being 15 mins late in the past 41 years of work, though I have been late occasionally owing to transport difficulties such as trains not appearing etc.

In the sixteen jobs that I have had, many but not all have offered some form of sick pay.

Roughly 10hrs of work to pay for my benefit. However - was shot a while back.

Quite right too. How else are we ever going to get the unemployment figure down? There would be a lot more food and stuff to go around too. :P

Not true. It isn't just a question of transferring JSA to a wage. A whole new organisation would need to be set up to organise and supervise such works. The way we "organise" such things in the UK it would cost a fortune. Imagine the cost of implementing health and safety alone.

In theory why couldn't all that be done by people currently on JSA - there are all sorts of folk that can't get work these days and I am sure many of them have the necessary skills to do all that (even the H&S aspects) ..... or maybe I am thinking too far out of the box.

In theory why couldn't all that be done by people currently on JSA - there are all sorts of folk that can't get work these days and I am sure many of them have the necessary skills to do all that (even the H&S aspects) ..... or maybe I am thinking too far out of the box.

Your opening words "In theory" say it all I'm afraid. It would simply never happen in our bureaucracy. There would be rich pickings to be made.

I agree we have the necessary skill base.

Edited by Guest

Having a healthy population of unemployed helps to keep wages low. To have the reverse situation, where there is a glut of jobs and not enough workers would find firms having to wave wads of money to attract workers; a situation created by the black death. Wages increased.

From the point of view of the state and taxpayers and the unemployed - unemployment is a pain in the neck. It does, however, keep wages down. Supply and demand.

Our friends notion of shooting anyone who'd been on the dole for more than 3 months may not find support from firms and would have the effect of wage increases due to depletion of workforce.

Edited by Higgs

Having a healthy population of unemployed helps to keep wages low. To have the reverse situation, where there is a glut of jobs and not enough workers would find firms having to wave wads of money to attract workers; a situation created by the black death. Wages increased.

From the point of view of the state and taxpayers and the unemployed - unemployment is a pain in the neck. It does, however, keep wages down. Supply and demand.

:cheers:

Can't give you a greeny, none left.

I take some of your points, but the last bit is a sweeping statement. I have never been sent home for being 15 mins late in the past 41 years of work, though I have been late occasionally owing to transport difficulties such as trains not appearing etc.

I wouldn't claim that either of the sanctions are universal, or even common.

However, both are real for some people.

The sanction of not being allowed to work is usually applied in low skill production line environments, where full staffing is critical, and where any shortage of staff at the start of the shift needs to be fixed with casual/agency staff. If somebody isn't there on time, a replacement will have been employed for the shift.

The penalty is one that I have seen operating in the OP's industry (security), and applies if you fail to turn in or fail to phone in sick at least 4 hours before your shift starts (I actually know of somebody who had a heart attack 2 hours before his shift started, and who was penalised in this way).

Regardless of how minimal state benefits are, they are paid on condition that you actively seek work, and that you are seen to be doing so.