Todays the day

JerryP

Featured Posts

There's nothing quite like the feeling you get when you step aboard your first own boat. It looks very nice, enjoy.

That feeling you mention....... that would be the one that causes you to grin like a Cheshire cat?

305645_10150873431699070_685704069_9218993_840517785_n.jpg

It was wonderful to meet you both today and to officially record the ceremonial handing over of the grease gun.

Enjoy your new boat/toy/life Jerry.

We both sincerely hope that David & his wife also find rich rewards and the peace and tranquility they will miss on the canal during the extra time spent with their family in remote parts.

What lovely people!

Today's the day when i take ownership of my first boat ! ,this will also be my home ,Am i excited ? yes ,am I really terrified ? ,yes ,do i know what i'm doing ? ,probably not ,Here's my boat.

http://www.longportbrokerage.co.uk/boatdetails.asp?ID=580

nice boat and great engine,, enjoy

Many thanks to all that have posted the nice comments ,if your ever passing please stop and introduce yourself ,or better still join me for a cuppa ,I'll be on the current mooring in Calveley until the end of the month ,then I'll be making my down to Pilling lock near Loughborough.

Thanks to Cheshire Rose for stopping for a chat and taking and posting the photo of the "grease gun handover" ,I'm not sure if I was smiling or grimacing at the horrible toothach I've been suffering from in the last few days !.

:captain: Jerry

• 1 year later...

Well it's now been just over a year since I became a liveabord ,and I can honestly say that there's no way I'll ever go back to living on land ,I've had a few up's and downs ,the worst being having to put my Cairn terrier to sleep on July 23rd ,but I've met some wonderful new friends ,had a lot of laughs ,and have a new little dog who's now nearly 6 months old ,he's a Border Terrier called KELVIN ,Here he is in his lifejacket aged just 17 weeks

8632195650_6e75540f1b_z.jpg

Well it's now been just over a year since I became a liveabord ,and I can honestly say that there's no way I'll ever go back to living on land ,I've had a few up's and downs ,the worst being having to put my Cairn terrier to sleep on July 23rd ,but I've met some wonderful new friends ,had a lot of laughs ,and have a new little dog who's now nearly 6 months old ,he's a Border Terrier called KELVIN ,Here he is in his lifejacket aged just 17 weeks

Well done, and a great looking little chap.

Does he realise his pedigree?