TOP WIFE

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

Just thought this worthy of a post to the guys of the forum. I am sat here now feeling a bit rough today on the sofa and the missus just said to me quote " I'll get you a couple of paracetamols love, why dont you have a beer "

Seconds later pills and cold beer placed in my hand :D

How good is your other half ?

:cheers:

Just thought this worthy of a post to the guys of the forum. I am sat here now feeling a bit rough today on the sofa and the missus just said to me quote " I'll get you a couple of paracetamols love, why dont you have a beer "

My other half is great !! she's let me buy a 'new boat' recently

but do paracetamal and beer actually go together ??

Dave

Dave

Ahh yes you want to hang on to that missus if she lets you buy new toys !!

Apparently beer is 97 percent water so I dont suppose its any different to having the pills with plain water is it :rolleyes:

Dave

Oh yes... A friend of mine - whose boat we borrowed last year to give SWMBO her first taste of boating - did his back in Morris Dancing some years ago. He swears blind that it was the 2 paracetamols and 8 pints of Old Peculier :cheers: every 3 hours that kept him going .. in more ways than one ! :lol:

However, :stop: I'm not actually personally recommending a large, or indeed any intake of alcohol with parecetamol... Just thought I'd better say that..

That lady is definitely a keeper

How good is my missus? well, she's the second missus I've had, and I'm also her second Mr, so I've a yardstick to measure her by, so to speak...

Val is surely the only woman in the world who is worth marrying, or at least the only woman in my world worth me marrying

15 months ago I was made redundant, on the first day I knew about this I made a business plan for my own little venture, we discussed it, and she was right behind me

second day it hit me that we could lose the house if this went wrong, and I got very upset. Her response, come home from work with sheafs of brochures for houses in towns around Bath where we could have a much smaller mortgage. That's why we now live in Frome, not Bath

Faced with a crisis she rolled her sleeves up and helped sort it. My business is still going and making enough to get by

Her predecessor would have beaten me over the head with it...

Magpie Val, a true gem of a wife

Having recently undergone surgery that leaves me relatively immobile for a good few weeks, Josi is being a real stalwart

All meals, brews, tablets provided hourly/4hourly

Fresh bed-linen/pyjamas etc every three days

Provides all necessary help with daily showers/hair wash

Keeps the stove fuelled and cleaned

and then does the chores

She's a first-rate testament to my ability to choose a suitable soul-mate

:blush:

My other half is great for being prepared to clean out rotten wood and soggy polystyrene from the walls/bilges and breathing the words "well you should buy the best tools it's only going to make the job easier"

Definitely a keeper

valantines day tomorrow , a sprat to catch a mackeral.

You're just an old git who doesn't deserve such a good woman :lol:

Give my love to the old bag ;)

Funny that- my MALE other half has never fetched me paracetamols and a cold beer- whereas I'm an expert in tea making and know the exact location of the fridge (containing cold beers) on the boat.

He does make me a coffee every morning- does that count????