Double Mooring

Dalesman

Featured Posts

From Todays Craven Herald:

A boat owner reacted badly when another boater refused to allow him to moor alongside while he refueled.The police were called, and he ended up being restrained by the police after they were forced to use a pepper spray on him. he was fined £30 for threatening words or behavior and £65 for resisting a police officer with £85 costs and £15 victims surcharge. No memtion of the price of the diesel..!!

From Todays Craven Herald:

A boat owner reacted badly when another boater refused to allow him to moor alongside while he refueled.The police were called, and he ended up being restrained by the police after they were forced to use a pepper spray on him. he was fined £30 for threatening words or behavior and £65 for resisting a police officer with £85 costs and £15 victims surcharge. No memtion of the price of the diesel..!!

Assuming it was at Pennine Cruiosers, the price of diesel was quite high!

Tugs20Alex--Rea-01.jpg

:wub::wub::wub:

You know how to make a girl go weak at the knees.......

Well all I can say is that is very normal in Skipton to double moor when at Pennine Cruisers for fuel or pump out etc, so what is the big problem..?

Some people are just tossers. Thats thats the problem :captain:

• 3 weeks later...

There are some strange folk in Skipton, we were there in August on the mooring directly across from Pennine by the Freddie Trueman statue and one guy who's boat was around for the summer went a bit off his head, shouting and swearing late one night, so the Police were called - they told him to calm down. I went back to sleep.

There is such a thing as criminal trespass

S39, 61 and 62 of the Public Order Act etc

Yes there is, but it would not apply in this case.

Simple trespass "Here, he's walking across my land!" is a civil matter.

Tony

Can be a criminal matter if it is contempt of court, granted the offence would be contempt but it is arising from trespass.

Criminal trespass can also occur if the order of the court is pursuant to those previously mentioned.

However, your "simple trespass" argument is, subject to the tests above not applying, entirely correct . ???

:P I know it's been argued and as an Officianado of Expired Equestrian Flagellation, it does indeed prove my initial point which got twisted by those previously.....

In other news, the survey came back as hull sound etc with measurments between 6.1 and 5.8mm.

Listed major concerns :

Missing baffle plate over weed hatch

Gas locker vents below the waterline

Engine cooling tank undersized from manufacturers recommended specs

(About £1000 to sort)

Minor concerns:

Some condensation damage to porthole liners

Gas lines not secured to specs

Shower outlet higher than shower drain (thus need to check for one way valve)

Some disruption to floorboards (may have been laid too thinly)

No bilge access hatch to stern

12V intermittent fault (likely flat/dead batteries)

Coolant leak engine (as above)

Toilet tank needs emptying..!!

Loose ballast

Restricted access to a couple of isolation switches (basically, make bigger holes)..

Apart from batteries, other jobs I can do once I take possession.

Nothing majorly worrying as far as I can see.

Thanks for asking...! ;)

Yup, all do-able. Welcome to the waterways ... a lifetime of learning lies in front of you so enjoy!

Toilet tank needs emptying..!!

You slide the cassette out, replace it with the spare, and empty it when an Elsan is convenient.

Simples.

Tony ;)

Of course, if you don't actually have a proper toilet...

You slide the cassette out, replace it with the spare, and empty it when an Elsan is convenient.

Simples.

Tony ;)

Of course, if you don't actually have a proper toilet...

Or hump a tank full of crap around until you eventualy find a pump out machine and PAY :lol: to have it emptied. But of course you could always use the Proper boat toilet that pump out brigade carry with them err " Just in case " :lol:

For £15 I'll just get it pumped out. Whilst I accept the cost efficiency of cassette vs pump out, I neither wish to get that closely associated with my breakfast nor hump the cassette around in the snow.

Self pump out is a no no for me for similar reasons to cassette.

I'll just have to make sure the holding tank is empty prior to the freeze setting in then I should be ok as I'm working 7 days anyway so will be at the boat less than usual.

I can tell you were not in the Scouts. When we went to camp we had to dig our own latrines, That wasn't too bad, but the next lot on duty rota had to move the latrine tent and dig a new hole, using the earth removed to top up the old one. Proximity to other people's breakfast for much longer than it takes to empty a Porta Potti, soon makes you imune to the experience.

Or hump a tank full of crap around until you eventualy find a pump out machine and PAY :lol: to have it emptied. But of course you could always use the Proper boat toilet that pump out brigade carry with them err " Just in case " :lol:

Dont be silly. Those of us with, proper toilets are far too civilised to see the contents of our loos for a second time, that is why we pay someone else to do the dirty work for us :P

Dont be silly. Those of us with, proper toilets are far too civilised to see the contents of our loos for a second time, that is why we pay someone else to do the dirty work for us :P

Hi Phylis :D

Not seen many of your posts lately have you been busy doing that four letter word ? !!