Fake ltd company sign writing

onionbargee

Featured Posts

Saw a boat at Braunston recently with a couple of Dachshunds aboard, very nice modern boat with an engine room and, I suspect, a back cabin to boot. The livery was for the "Dachshund Carrying Co." Made us smile, hurt nobody. What's the problem?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50005139@N08/sets/72157624018843692/

I think that's often done when the boatbuilder also does the signwriting, or has it done. For example Steve Hudson boats, built at Glascote Basin in Tamworth, often say "registered at Glascote" followed by their number. Other builders use their location as the "home port" part of the signwriting: some KG boats claim to live at Enslow Wharf, and I have seen quite a few hailing from "Lord Vernon's Wharf" though I am not sure which builder is based there, or indeed where it is.

Come to think of it, some KG boats really do live at Enslow Wharf as the company has extensive moorings there.

I must admit I don't quite get the 'Lord Vernons Wharf' thing on Braidbar boats. I wonder if it is the waterways equivalent of the masonic handshake so they can quickly stop and compare curves and welsh dressers !

Then again it does sound rather regal !

I think that's often done when the boatbuilder also does the signwriting, or has it done. For example Steve Hudson boats, built at Glascote Basin in Tamworth, often say "registered at Glascote" followed by their number. Other builders use their location as the "home port" part of the signwriting: some KG boats claim to live at Enslow Wharf, and I have seen quite a few hailing from "Lord Vernon's Wharf" though I am not sure which builder is based there, or indeed where it is.

Come to think of it, some KG boats really do live at Enslow Wharf as the company has extensive moorings there.

Close, but it's "registered at Tamworth", not Glascote. Some boats have the home mooring/ marina but seems to me that you are then at the mercy of said Marina - get thrown off and you have to redo the sign writing! For that reason we put "Glascote Basin" ( where it was built) rather than Fazeley Mill Marina, (where it is currently moored). Since the signwriting comes as part of the basic price of a Hudson, you might as well get your money's worth by having the full works, and it does brighten the boat up a bit.

I like this one:

Uranus-2.jpg

Uranus.jpg

Presumably they have gone for the flamboyant and rather OTT sign-writing in a desperate attempt to deflect people's attention from the truly appalling lines of the underlying Stowe Hill boat ?

Sorry, I know that like what you paint on the side, it is any owner#s free choice to also buy a boat in whatever odd shape they want, but honestly!.......

(Dives for cover, and dons flak jacket.......)

Funny thread. I guess I might upset the OP when (if) I ever manage to get my boat. Being a biker & an aging punk rocker, & according to others virtually no taste, I intend to have this image on the side where you would have 1 of those fake carrying co things

dontpanicavatar100x100.jpg

surrounded by traditional-style boxes around the edge, as well as Harley Davidson-style go-faster-flames starting at the front & going along the length, as well as some (fake) 1970s style high rise chopper motorbike exhausts on a cruiser stern (acting as supports for where you would sit) & with various skulls on the inside of side hatches (instead of the pretyy flowers n stuff)

I forgot to add, cant wait to go cruising down the river with my 400W amp blasting out "get yer motor running" (to drown out the sound of the engine)... ok not the last bit, it would probably be my phone with headphones...

but I would also have a suitably placed & sized (respectful) tribute to my Dad painted from a photo of his face, & properly traditional style (imo) registered at my home mooring with the registration number.

Edit. & magnetic L plates both sides front & back.

Edited by Ssscrudddy

Scrud, you ar eobviously a man who ploughs his own furrow, marches to his own drum (or bass) and all the other cliches. You should fit into the inland waterways world very well, and a slightly belated "welcome" to this forum.

Better turn that amp down to 200 watts after 8p.m., mind.

Scrud, you ar eobviously a man who ploughs his own furrow, marches to his own drum (or bass) and all the other cliches. You should fit into the inland waterways world very well, and a slightly belated "welcome" to this forum.

Better turn that amp down to 200 watts after 8p.m., mind.

Lol thanks, actually I was thinking I would probably lose the amp, seeing as it's a bit big, the speakers are even bigger, I dread to think how much electric it would use, & I rarely use it... usually when I come in drunk & crank up the volume (just to point out I live in a big old mansion house in the middle of the park so I'm not disturbing anyone). Most of the time my music comes from my computer speakers which cant go very loud at all.

Indeed...

Hi Nick, hope you're both keeping well... still looking forward to that afternoon in The Swan when circumstances permit.

Fine thanks, same to you! We did pass Fradley last weekend but rushing to get back to Fazeley to catch the plane North, so no time for the Swan unfortunately. Now back at work after a great 2 week trip up to Chester and back - very depressing, when can I retire!

If you don't want to answer that, then how about giving us a few clues...

Are you mad as a hatter?

Do you look like a horse?

Well if it helps...

No I'm not a horse... (perhaps summat else ending in the same 3 letters)

I did get expelled from 1 boarding school for smoking in school holidays (so not fair)

& I got expelled from another 1 when I got caught sneaking back in after going to a gig, cant remember who, but I was on a final warning after getting caught sneaking back in after going to see the Clash at Brixton Academy aged 15 1 Christmas 1984 (which got me a years detention)... I was the coolest kid in school for that

Cat4.gif

Lol thanks, actually I was thinking I would probably lose the amp, seeing as it's a bit big, the speakers are even bigger, I dread to think how much electric it would use, & I rarely use it... usually when I come in drunk & crank up the volume

Does it go up to 11?

Welcome to the forum!

I must admit I don't quite get the 'Lord Vernons Wharf' thing on Braidbar boats. I wonder if it is the waterways equivalent of the masonic handshake so they can quickly stop and compare curves and welsh dressers !

Then again it does sound rather regal !

YCHJCYAFFC

Sorry Richard I can't possible let you into the secret we've got enough on our plate with Dan Brown's reseach into our dressing habits :wacko:

Athy, on 19 September 2011 - 05:41 PM, said:

You're not a member of the Royal Family by any chance?

Or a Braidbar Owner :blush:

Any missuse of emitcons is unintentional :P

Edited by Offcumden

• 3 weeks later...