Fake ltd company sign writing

onionbargee

Featured Posts

I fail to see the problem. But then my boat currently boasts the previous owners' names and a town I've never visited and, frankly, that doesn't bother me either.

But when we get it repainted we have every intention of creating an obviously fictional name for a business that could never exist in reality and advertising that to all and sundry. 'Same Day National Fresh Custard Deliveries by Canal' or something like that.

What matters to me is:

1. Is it a decent paint job which protects the hull?
  2. Is it easy on the eye?
  3. Does it raise a smile when like-minded people see it?

If some pompous arse gets his knickers in a twist over it, then that's a bonus.

I fail to see the problem. But then my boat currently boasts the previous owners' names and a town I've never visited and, frankly, that doesn't bother me either.

But when we get it repainted we have every intention of creating an obviously fictional name for a business that could never exist in reality and advertising that to all and sundry. 'Same Day National Fresh Custard Deliveries by Canal' or something like that.

What matters to me is:

1. Is it a decent paint job which protects the hull?
  2. Is it easy on the eye?
  3. Does it raise a smile when like-minded people see it?

If some pompous arse gets his knickers in a twist over it, then that's a bonus.

The definition of a pompous arse, of course, being someone who doesn't share your sense of humour?

The definition of a pompous arse, of course, being someone who doesn't share your sense of humour?

No, the definition of pompous arse is somebody who doesn't share your sense of humour, and sits there whinging about it.

I wouldn't go for such a colour scheme myself. I don't particularly care for some of the comedy ones, and if I bought such a boat I would change it.

I don't, however, get my knickers in a twist over somebody choosing to have such a colour scheme. None of my business.

I seem to remember talking to the owner of a nice looking tug moored near Kinver (??) that was painted with T & S Elements colours, who said he had had to ask there permission to use their name and colours, as they were still trading in the haulage business (just not on the canals).

Sure I've got a photo somewhere.

No, the definition of pompous arse is somebody who doesn't share your sense of humour, and sits there whinging about it.

I wouldn't go for such a colour scheme myself. I don't particularly care for some of the comedy ones, and if I bought such a boat I would change it.

I don't, however, get my knickers in a twist over somebody choosing to have such a colour scheme. None of my business.

Same 'ere.

I seem to remember talking to the owner of a nice looking tug moored near Kinver (??) that was painted with T & S Elements colours, who said he had had to ask there permission to use their name and colours, as they were still trading in the haulage business (just not on the canals).

Sure I've got a photo somewhere.

I've met Mr Elements on several occasions and he takes an active interest in the surviving Elements boats.

I do hope those with an interest in Umbriel have contacted him, to see if he is concerned about her fate.

Perhaps it is time for us to paint "Alvechurch Boat Company" on the side of Tawny Owl

Richard

I thought they were called "Alvechurch Boat Centre Ltd.", becoming "Alvechurch Boat Centres Ltd." as they rapidly expanded in 1990 - not that I know much about modern narrow boats or their operators.

I thought they were called "Alvechurch Boat Centre Ltd.", becoming "Alvechurch Boat Centres Ltd." as they rapidly expanded in 1990 - not that I know much about modern narrow boats or their operators.

It would be the first one then for her age, and should have "Alvechurch" at the bottom of the name panel. She had "Anderton" when she was retired

I thought you were interested in all ex-working boats Pete?

:P

Richard

It would be the first one then for her age, and should have "Alvechurch" at the bottom of the name panel. She had "Anderton" when she was retired

I thought you were interested in all ex-working boats Pete?

:P

Richard

I have always considered hire boats to be the modern working boats, and much of my time as a boatman was spent in the boat club at Alvechurch.

I have always considered hire boats to be the modern working boats, and much of my time as a boatman was spent in the boat club at Alvechurch.

I've idly speculated on the income from a hire boat compared to that from the last of the working freight boats. I suspect hire boats are far more profitable

So, should we go ahead and recreate Tawny Owl's original livery when we get around to repainting her?*

Richard

*there's no need to answer that

have to say l think the variety of color schemes are interesting,and that any real canal anorak (sorry enthusiast ) would know the fakes from the real thing but who cares ?

Through must admit we do have a chuckle to ourselves at the "Terry and June from Basingstoke" logos (no apologies if you are terry and june from basingstoke ).

reminds us of the sun visor names strips on the cortinas and like .

14skipper

Neither. A pompous arse would be someone who lectures others about what sign writing is appropriate for the side of someone else's narrowboat.

(edited to correct grammar.)

Edited by Minos

I've idly speculated on the income from a hire boat compared to that from the last of the working freight boats. I suspect hire boats are far more profitable

So, should we go ahead and recreate Tawny Owl's original livery when we get around to repainting her?*

Richard

*there's no need to answer that

We hired Tawny Owl a time or to in the 90's a 12 bert for 3 if there not booked you could get her for the price of what you wanted.

The only commercial boats on the narrow canals are hire or selling of their boat, they used to say canal carrying was 2 people working for the wages of one.

You could paint "Alvechurch Knacker" on the side!

We hired Tawny Owl a time or to in the 90's a 12 bert for 3 if there not booked you could get her for the price of what you wanted.

The only commercial boats on the narrow canals are hire or selling of their boat, they used to say canal carrying was 2 people working for the wages of one.

You could paint "Alvechurch Knacker" on the side!

Hi Jim,

Did you take any pictures of her back then? We would love to see them if you did.

You're the second forum member I now know of that hired her

Richard

Hi Jim,

Did you take any pictures of her back then? We would love to see them if you did.

You're the second forum member I now know of that hired her

Richard

I was never one to look at the world with a camera. I used to book late and the 12 berths are often not out. If I remember right we took her around the 4 counties allways liked the 70ft's they handle nice unless it's blowing don't rattle so much in the locks.

They looked that if you took the bunks out you would have a nice large lounge an easy conversion and still have 2 bathrooms.

I bent the rudder on it on that bl@@dy underwater ledge on the shroppie, they came out and repared it with a 14lb sledge hammer.

I was never one to look at the world with a camera. I used to book late and the 12 berths are often not out. If I remember right we took her around the 4 counties allways liked the 70ft's they handle nice unless it's blowing don't rattle so much in the locks.

They looked that if you took the bunks out you would have a nice large lounge an easy conversion and still have 2 bathrooms.

I bent the rudder on it on that bl@@dy underwater ledge on the shroppie, they came out and repared it with a 14lb sledge hammer.

It is still bent! It was YOU!!!!

168.jpg

:lol:

Richard

It is still bent! It was YOU!!!!

168.jpg

:lol:

Richard

Yep that lookslike it but in 15 or so years of hire service with schools, youth groups, pisshead parties she will have been bent a few times before and after my effort.

Makes you realise how tough canal boats are and then you get the you scraped down my boat brigade, I wounder how many bridge holes and locks they scrape and clatter in?

Mind you I never managed to run her aground like that very imppresive she take a bit of getting off!