Barby Moorings and the Trade Description Act!!!!??

Annie Girl

Featured Posts

No, his groundsman Shaun is practicing enviromentally friendly methods of grass maintenance....

shaun-the-sheep-main1.jpg

Until you step in the processed grass :(

Edited by Proper Job

no it's just with all the court cases he can't afford the grass seed! :rolleyes:

His use of seed is like everything else there "used sparingly" :rolleyes:

My case is still ongoing and until we progress to 'Hearing' I don't think there is anymore to add to the TV program. Things may well change at Barby once it goes out to the public!! Should be latter part of this year.

So far as existing moorers knowing about the 25% off, would be interesting to know how they feel about it and if they are being offered the same. We have a couple on here I believe?

Edited by Charlie Boy

Reference to BARBY MOORINGS, went past the other day, yes it's still the same as it was last year when we went by there, but has anyone heard of the new marina BARBY POOLS MARINA which is going to be between Braunston and Barby Moorings, apparently going to spend 15 million and hold 500 plus boats (read it in July issue of Towpath - page 3).

Reference to BARBY MOORINGS, went past the other day, yes it's still the same as it was last year when we went by there, but has anyone heard of the new marina BARBY POOLS MARINA which is going to be between Braunston and Barby Moorings, apparently going to spend 15 million and hold 500 plus boats (read it in July issue of Towpath - page 3).

http://www.daventryexpress.co.uk/news/local/full-steam-ahead-for-marina-plan-1-3458024

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-18153302

Lovely quote from the article:

Dawn Cotton, secretary to Onley Park residents association, said: "This could alter the image of the village which will become known as the village located next to the marina rather than its current status as the village situated next to three prisons."

I have to agree with Tim Coughlan here, (cough splutter cough) I think there are enough marinas in this area already.

Why don't the developers just take over Barby Moorings and complete that?

Edited by Ray T

I shouldn't think there are many marinas with waiting lists these days.

Waiting list

There are currently more than 80 names on the waiting list for a residential mooring licence, with an estimated two- to four-year wait on the narrow-bean list and over 20 years on the wide-beam list.

After applying you will be added to the waiting list for a space and given a number representing your place in the queue

I know its not a Marina, but, Cambridge

http://www.cambridge.gov.uk/ccm/content/business/licensing-and-permissions/residential-boat-mooring-licence.en

Laurie, apologies -I've already spent my allocation . . so have a virtual greenie

:cheers:

I wasn't aware there was a waiting list to join the K&A continuous moorers???

That's why they are continuous moorers, no room in the marina.

:)

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

To all of you who have posted on this subject.

We are looking for a new marina and came upon the Barby Website and thought this looks great.

A 25% discount for signing up and PAYING by August. So I sent an email to Barby asking if there were any moorings available in September, An email came back from Tony McMaster saying yes there were and the discounted price for a 60 ft mooring of 25%(full price £2600) was £2080. Now I am no Einstein but 25% of 2600 is £650, making it £1950 to pay for the full year. I sent back an email to Tony suggesting that his maths were wrong, but have not received any reply to date. We were going up to see the Marina today and just Googled Barby to get the postcode and came across this forum. Visit now cancelled, we will also stay in our fantastic marina in Aston, It has all the amenities and have never had any problems from the owner or staff, and they are a great bunch, well done Alex and Niki.

Did you ever hear back?