Barby Moorings and the Trade Description Act!!!!??

Annie Girl

Featured Posts

Following narrowboatworld articles, I have been approached by a BBC journalist who is interested in the Barby Moorings story. At the moment, I have no idea what the BBC angle or interest is or if, indeed, it will progress. However, I thought it germane to appraise CWDF readers and ask any directly affected to PM me if they are willing that contact details be passed on.

Hi Dave hope you both well and still boating? x

Hi. Hope all is well at Billing - the Nene seems incredibly low for the time of year, especially around Thrapston and Oundle.

Probably going to put the boat up for sale after Easter and call it a day, we think, as the "hassle" element is starting to overtake the "fun" these days.

Hi. Hope all is well at Billing - the Nene seems incredibly low for the time of year, especially around Thrapston and Oundle.

Probably going to put the boat up for sale after Easter and call it a day, we think, as the "hassle" element is starting to overtake the "fun" these days.

Thats a shame,do you find a lot of hassles surrounding your boating then?

Ali

Hi DaveG

I apologise for simply reposting your earlier post.

I'm a journalist working on a consumer report and I'm very interested in talking to people that have been affected by the situation at Barby Moorings. It would be great if you could send me a PM so that I can talk to you directly. Indeed I'd like to speak to anyone that has had problems getting back deposits and are still trying to get their money back from Barby Moorings.

Please do get in contact. I want to make sure that this scandal gets a lot more publicity than it has had to date

Hopefully speak soon.

Danny

Hi Danny1

No Dad didn't hang around after getting there and finding NOTHING there except one water pipe. He was told it would all be ready in July so he arrived end of July, but decided not to stay as there wasn't anyone working except the owners family and he realised it was going to be a long job. Dad has now got a place in a nice marina with everything there.

Hi Danny1

No Dad didn't hang around after getting there and finding NOTHING there except one water pipe. He was told it would all be ready in July so he arrived end of July, but decided not to stay as there wasn't anyone working except the owners family and he realised it was going to be a long job. Dad has now got a place in a nice marina with everything there.

Hi Annie,

Thanks for responding to my earlier post. It would be great to have a further conversation with you about your situation.

Cheers

Danny

I'm a journalist working on a consumer report and I'm very interested in talking to people that have been affected by the situation at Barby Moorings. It would be great if you could send me a PM so that I can talk to you directly. Indeed I'd like to speak to anyone that has had problems getting back deposits and are still trying to get their money back from Barby Moorings.

You will need to get 5 posts in before you can use the PM system Danny

Thanks for making forum members aware of my interest Allan. I have exchanged emails with Thomas Crossley about posting an appeal for boaters affected by the Barby Moorings to contact me and he was happy for me to do so by registering as a member.

Please do let me know if members contact you directly.

Cheers

You're getting there. One more to go and you can PM whoever you like.

Martyn

I have spoken to Danny on the phone and given has contact details to one forum member.

The gist of the conversation is that Danny would like to talk to some of those directly affected. You can, of course, PM him or PM me and I will put you in touch.

Contrary to what I stated earlier, Danny works for an respected independent TV company not the BBC.

ah Dave so sorry to hear that,,keep in touch,,,Sue

We love it here and it nearer for Joe to commute. there is room here just in case you have a change of heart. x

I have spoken to Danny on the phone and given has contact details to one forum member.

The gist of the conversation is that Danny would like to talk to some of those directly affected. You can, of course, PM him or PM me and I will put you in touch.

Contrary to what I stated earlier, Danny works for an respected independent TV company not the BBC.

Thank you for updating members Allan

Thanks for making forum members aware of my interest Allan. I have exchanged emails with Thomas Crossley about posting an appeal for boaters affected by the Barby Moorings to contact me and he was happy for me to do so by registering as a member.

Please do let me know if members contact you directly.

Cheers

I should perhaps point out to Danny1 that this forum is not owned by narrowboatworld and, as such, does not need its editors permission to post!

I hope this misunderstanding does not prevent anyone coming forward.

My understanding is that Danny1, who works for a TV company, wishes to be in contact with boaters who have been disadvantaged by the Barby Moorings situation.

Two options exist -

•  
  • PM Danny1
  • PM me. I will give some more information together with telephone and email contact details.

Whilst I am not aware of anyone who has PM'ed Danny1 directly, two boaters have PM'ed me and have been put in touch.

I spoke with Danny1 earlier today. Although I have provided two boaters with his contact details, neither has yet been in touch with him. He also said that nobody had PM'ed him.

He is somewhat surprised, bearing in mind that on this thread a month or two back boaters would have welcomed Watchdog or a similar consumer affairs program to take up the Barby Moorings issue.

I don't really know how these things work as far as TV companies go but I suspect that if interest is not expressed quite quickly then they move onto other things.

At the risk of repeating myself -

Danny1, who works for a independent TV company, wishes to be in contact with boaters who have been disadvantaged by the Barby Moorings situation.

Two options exist -

•  
  • PM Danny1
  • PM me. I will give some more information together with telephone and email contact details.

Thanks Allan and Bazza I have sent PMs to some members directly. Cheers D

In that case I will not duplicate your efforts!

As I see it, those disadvantaged by the Barby Moorings situation have now got what they wanted, albeit later than they would have wished.

Hopefully, some will come forward.

In that case I will not duplicate your efforts!

As I see it, those disadvantaged by the Barby Moorings situation have now got what they wanted, albeit later than they would have wished.

Hopefully, some will come forward.

I have pm'd Danny.

I think I and the others are rather cautiously sitting on the fence here. On one hand we are desperate for this company to be shown for what they are, but on the other we are desperate to get our money back. No disrespect to Danny but we have no knowledge of his credentials, he has only just come on here and as we know Mr McMaster and crew also come on here. :(

Not an easy decision for any of us to make. Speaking purely for myself here as I haven't yet been in touch with others.

In addition, I stopped commenting because so much of the thread started going off topic. It seems to have settled once again thankfully.

:rolleyes:

I have pm'd Danny.

I think I and the others are rather cautiously sitting on the fence here. On one hand we are desperate for this company to be shown for what they are, but on the other we are desperate to get our money back. No disrespect to Danny but we have no knowledge of his credentials, he has only just come on here and as we know Mr McMaster and crew also come on here. :(

Not an easy decision for any of us to make. Speaking purely for myself here as I haven't yet been in touch with others.

In addition, I stopped commenting because so much of the thread started going off topic. It seems to have settled once again thankfully.

:rolleyes:

Hi Charlie

I can understand 'sitting on the fence'. I can also understand that some may feel intimidated or threatened.

All I can say is that I have checked out TV company that Danny works for and spoken to Danny twice on the phone and have no qualms.

Hi Charlie

I can understand 'sitting on the fence'. I can also understand that some may feel intimidated or threatened.

All I can say is that I have checked out TV company that Danny works for and spoken to Danny twice on the phone and have no qualms.

Just to add - I wrote to this chap this morning at his work e-mail address asking what he is seeking to achieve and offering to provide whatever he needs but haven't received a reply as yet - hopefully something will turn up tomorrow.

No disrespect to Danny but why doesn't he give more information about himself and the 'TV company' he works for so people involved can verify his details, bearing in mind there could be solicitors etc involved in the near future.

Be warned/extremely careful. Once again good luck and hope it all pans out for the best for all involved.

No disrespect to Danny but why doesn't he give more information about himself and the 'TV company' he works for so people involved can verify his details, bearing in mind there could be solicitors etc involved in the near future.

Be warned/extremely careful. Once again good luck and hope it all pans out for the best for all involved.

My link

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...