LIGHTING

bizzard

Featured Posts

I like hanging lights, to supplement the usual boring flush things in the ceiling.

I have two in my lounge cabin. Normal household ceiling rose and twisted flex,BS standard two pin bulb holder on the end.

Shades made out of nice shapely jam jars.''Hartleys''are nice ones.

Consume contents first,then make a hole the size of the threaded part of the bulb holder in the lid. Fix to bulb holder with screwed ring. I use LED bulbs with bayonet I use the ones by ''Bedazzled'' plugged into bulb holder.Screw glass shade onto lid with bulb attached. The switch is up to you. You can paint designs on the jam jar with water colours.

These hanging lights are very soothing as they sway about gently.Or you may wish to go and lie down in a darkened room after reading this. bizzard. :rolleyes:

I like hanging lights, to supplement the usual boring flush things in the ceiling.

I have two in my lounge cabin. Normal household ceiling rose and twisted flex,BS standard two pin bulb holder on the end.

Shades made out of nice shapely jam jars.''Hartleys''are nice ones.

Consume contents first,then make a hole the size of the threaded part of the bulb holder in the lid. Fix to bulb holder with screwed ring. I use LED bulbs with bayonet I use the ones by ''Bedazzled'' plugged into bulb holder.Screw glass shade onto lid with bulb attached. The switch is up to you. You can paint designs on the jam jar with water colours.

These hanging lights are very soothing as they sway about gently.Or you may wish to go and lie down in a darkened room after reading this. bizzard. :rolleyes:

I like your style; it is easy just to walk into B and Q and spend you hard earned on cheap imported rubbish that is boxed and presented to look impressive.

Each to their own, but a load of illuminated jam jars swinging from the ceiling is not to my taste. Neither is Hartleys jam! :sick:

Agreed Wilkinsons of Tiptree every time, Elsenham foods at a push. If you must decorate glass jars use the stain glass paint in many hobby shops.

Agreed Wilkinsons of Tiptree every time, Elsenham foods at a push. If you must decorate glass jars use the stain glass paint in many hobby shops.

I think i sense a spot of jealousy about my topic.

Yes good idea about the paint,or well thinned oil paint makes it transparent.

You can also make shades,uplighters,downlighters,side wall types from the white plastic milk bottles,i've found that the 500m ones are about right for boats,and their whiteness defuses the bulbs brilliance just right.

You can make wall uplighters by slicing them lengthwise including the cap,which come in blue green and red,in fact make two from one bottle, and stick them to the wall with the bulb behind. Drink a pint of milk a day,for all your wall light requirements. bizzard :rolleyes:

You can also make shades,uplighters,downlighters,side wall types from the white plastic milk bottles,i've found that the 500m ones are about right for boats,and their whiteness defuses the bulbs brilliance just right.

You can make wall uplighters by slicing them lengthwise including the cap,which come in blue green and red,in fact make two from one bottle, and stick them to the wall with the bulb behind. Drink a pint of milk a day,for all your wall light requirements. bizzard :rolleyes:

I too like your approach, I often see things regarded as waste that could be made good use of. I did this to protect the dongle in the rain all from scraps except for the magnetic base.

MagneticmountDongle.jpg

I too like your approach, I often see things regarded as waste that could be made good use of. I did this to protect the dongle in the rain all from scraps except for the magnetic base.

MagneticmountDongle.jpg

Thank you,Yes thats a good one on the dongle.I have a tiny plastic cup over my fuel tank breather with a gap at the bottom so it can still breathe,it worried me that rain water might pass through the gauze. regards bizzard.

I tried bringing milk onto my boat once. It curdled...

Tip the milk away,you've still got a lamp shade or two wall lights for 50p.

Twisted flex is not easy to find these days,so just get red and black cable and twist it yourself,looks nice. bizzard

Tip the milk away,you've still got a lamp shade or two wall lights for 50p.

Twisted flex is not easy to find these days,so just get red and black cable and twist it yourself,looks nice. bizzard

I used some red and blue cable, to wire in the inverter. The BSS examiner would not accept the customary bottle of malt, insisting it would take two bottles to sufficiently blur his vision... What is the world coming to??

& my addiction to house/decor/homewares sites & similar magazine subscription tells me that such things are very fashionable at the moment -

petit maman (?) ir preserving jars popular...

I wonder if you mean "Bonne Maman"...

... and does anyone know why no UK shops/supermarkets stock their marmalade? - which is excellent.

Edited by Robin2

You are thinking of razor blades. The jam people are Wilkin and Sons, and they make a damn fine product. Their Tawny marmalade is only beaten by home-made stuff.

Don't worry, Blackrose performs a function on this forum rather similar to Phylis's. If you find them agreeing with you, you are most likely to be wrong.

I like DIY ideas. Keep 'em coming.

I wonder if you mean "Bonne Maman"...

... and does anyone know why no UK shops/supermarkets stock their marmalade? - which is excellent.

Because Wilkin's is better?

Edited by sebrof

You are thinking of razor blades. The jam people are Wilkin and Sons, and they make a damn fine product. Their Tawny marmalade is only beaten by home-made stuff.

Don't worry, Blackrose performs a function on this forum rather similar to Phylis's. If you find them agreeing with you, you are most likely to be wrong.

I like DIY ideas. Keep 'em coming.

Thanks sebrof for kind words. Some say Oxford marmalade is the best.Missie Lee did in Arthur Ransomes book.bizzard :cheers:

Because Wilkin's is better?