ROYAL WEDDING

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

:cheers:

Great News............We dont have to hide in the middle of nowhere tomorrow to avoid THE wedding. We have found a great pub in Stourport where the Landlord has posters up saying " Royal wedding !! Not here "

There will be no tvs allowed all day and he has set up a charity box which is a quid a go for anyone who dares mention the " W " word so thats it we can still have a life without going in to hiding. Six of us are going because oh this and I bet he will be packed. :cheers:

Stourport is a long way from here..... but I'm tempted.

I plan to turn off the radio (I have no telly) sit outside in the sun nursing a bottle or three, with my hands over my ears, refusing to speak to anyone all day.

Mind you on Saturday I'll probably investigate a nearby beer festival. Hopefully by then interest will be waning. I don't think the gullible have a very long attention span. :cheers:

Tone

which pub? We're going to the boat this weekend specifically to avoid the "W"

That makes me wonder. How do you recognise a forum member when they are incognito? Will you be carrying a rolled up newspaper and have a flower in your buttonhole? Or is the cork ball sticking out of your pocket a giveaway?

Edited by Mrs Humdinger

Stourport is a long way from here..... but I'm tempted.

I plan to turn off the radio (I have no telly) sit outside in the sun nursing a bottle or three, with my hands over my ears, refusing to speak to anyone all day.

Mind you on Saturday I'll probably investigate a nearby beer festival. Hopefully by then interest will be waning. I don't think the gullible have a very long attention span. :cheers:

Tone

My plan is a bus from mine as far as (well not decided yet but probably Lydiate) and have a nice big walk on the canal towpath taking pictures.

Ipod on listening to what ever music I want and can't hear to W word.

Oh and the wife is coming with me.

I am surprised actually by the number of women who are just as fed up hearing about it as me

:cheers:

Great News............We dont have to hide in the middle of nowhere tomorrow to avoid THE wedding. We have found a great pub in Stourport where the Landlord has posters up saying " Royal wedding !! Not here "

There will be no tvs allowed all day and he has set up a charity box which is a quid a go for anyone who dares mention the " W " word so thats it we can still have a life without going in to hiding. Six of us are going because oh this and I bet he will be packed. :cheers:

Ha Ha

You made it up the Severn then :)

I bet the poor old Beta had a bit of a workout :D

I'll raise a glass to you whilst out cruising :cheers:

We are going up the Ashby and since we only picked up the (new to us) boat last weekend I have not worked out how to operate the TV yet...so no wedding show for us ...yepeeee

Anyway, my initial thoughts would be to dump the TV altogether, but then we miss the Formula One processions !

Boatingbiker

I'm not quite sure where to stand on this one. In a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" kind of way, I'm no fan of the in-bred German imperialists but when one is about to legally castrate himself, should I applaud? Answers on a postcard...

Well I am getting into the spirit of things, thanks to my niece. Weather permitting we will be cruising to Broxbourne in the afternoon with the boat decked out with flags and bunting !!! I think she has even got W & K masks !!!!!

Is this from the ancient verb 'to bunt'?

What does it mean :unsure:

Suggestions please...............

SAM

Ryde

IOW

My kids used to use 'Bunt' as a verb years ago. 'To have a bunt' generally meant having a sulk or tantrum,or throwing a 'Benny'(whoever he is!) Probably appropriate for an anarchists group. B)

... throwing a 'Benny'(whoever he is!)

...from Crossroads, I believe. At my school we used to suffix it with with "epp" in reference to a tantrum, as an abbreviation of "epileptic fit". What delightful little Bernard Mannings we were. *sigh*

I shall be watching. We've been out for two weeks in glorious weather, done the Warwick Ring and are now moored up 4 hours from home (Mercia). My OH has even generously moored where we can be sure of the satellite signal.

So tomorrow we're not moving till the early afternoon. I shall watch the build up and the wedding and tidy the boat and pack things up at the same time. And I'm going to enjoy it. As is the OH who is getting sausage and egg and bacon for his wedding breakfast!! :P

Is this from the ancient verb 'to bunt'?

What does it mean :unsure:

Suggestions please...............

SAM

Ryde

IOW

Bunt or bunting was originally a type of lightweight cloth used to make ribbons or signal flags for the Royal Navy, now almost exclusively used for the celebration type flags.

Another use of the word bunt is the middle voluminous part of a mainsail, designed to fill with wind.

It was also used to imply plump or fat, as in "bye baby bunting" and "Billy Bunter". This may be linked with the filling out of a sail.

It is also a bird, reed bunting, which may also reflect the plumpness of the bird, and a type of baby sleeping bag.

Other uses - a type of offensive play in American Baseball, an aeronautical maneouver.

It may well come from an old English word, lost in the mists of time.

The 20 overs a side IPL cricket has just started here http://live.cricbuzz.com/live/scorecard/9932/Rajasthan-Royals-vs-Mumbai-Indians-34th-match . Today it's the Mumbai Indians (with the little master and slinger malinga) against against shane warnes Rajasthan Royals - which includes Watson who hit 15 6's in a one day international recently. Good old IPL 7 off the first over is a bit slow. You can getr ball by ball with (in English) Indian commentry and not a mention of you know what. (now 11 for none off 2)

I hope it pisses with rain

What an uncharitable thought. Whether you support the Monarchy or not, to hope that a bride's day is ruined out of spite is particularly nasty. I am no great supporter myself, but I hope the couple have a happy and long marriage. After all the record so far is against them.

• Greenie 3