RIP OFF ?

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

As heard on TV recently. Behind the bike shed. Eight-year-olds.

"And your willy gets hard and you put it in side her."

"I don't like cider. Can we use Fanta?"

Tone

Any "Port " in a storm

As heard on TV recently. Behind the bike shed. Eight-year-olds.

"And your willy gets hard and you put it in side her."

"I don't like cider. Can we use Fanta?"

Tone

Any "Port " in a storm

I reckon you might have killed orf the joke there Stu.

The first time it might be funny, but the fourth time it is def. struggling.

Luckily behind the bike shed jokes do have legs.

Like:

OK, you show me yours and I'll show you mine.

Now it's your turn.

Hey... that's not fair, You ain't got one!

Tone

I reckon you might have killed orf the joke there Stu.

The first time it might be funny, but the fourth time it is def. struggling.

Luckily behind the bike shed jokes do have legs.

Like:

OK, you show me yours and I'll show you mine.

Now it's your turn.

Hey... that's not fair, You ain't got one!

Tone

I dont know why it repeated itself :o

Paid £4.10 for a pint of Guiness in the West End last Thursday, next evening Two pints in the Wetherspoons in Aylesbury was £3.90 - how do they do it?

Tim

Wetherspoons dont pay for an entertainment licence either hence the lack of music/TV.

Bulk buying will keep their prices down across the chain.

Tried a few pubs in Hebden Bridge the other night. £2.45 per pint (Theakstons Bitter) in one pub, then in the next, newly reopened, £3.15 (Deuchars IPA). Don't think they'll last long trying to be an upmarket pub in a downmarket building.

I took a wander along the Thames from Richmond to Brentford earlier in the week. I came across The Town Wharf at Isleworth, just by the ait. I wasn't going to stop but took a look inside, just to see what beer they sold. What a surprise......Sam Smith's!! An even bigger surprise was the price, £2.11 for a pint of Old Brewery Bitter!! :cheers:

ETA: Cheaper than McSpoons :)

SAM

Ryde

IOW

Edited by Victor Vectis

We had an excellent meal in the Red Lion at Cropredy on Monday night.

A massive chunk of Fillet Steak served on a hot lava stone with chips and salad, followed by a chocolate fondue with a glass of wine for well under £15 each . . .

Travelling south. Why is beer cheaper in the north? From the £2 pint in several pubs on the C&H and HNC, I'm now up to £2.60 in a basic boozer (High Lane Cheshire), and fully expect to break £3 before the voyage is over. I've always said that as a real beer fanatic I'm not price sensitive, but there are limits. Any pub charging over £3 per pint is just taking advantage, and don't deserve to survive. Mind you, lager drinkers paying £3.60 deserve to be fleeced. :)

Mac

Edited for trivial reasons and 3 pints of Oveja Negra (yes, the barman spoke Spanish!)

Edited by Mac of Cygnet

A massive chunk of Fillet Steak served on a hot lava stone with chips and salad, followed by a chocolate fondue with a glass of wine for well under £15 each . . .

Yes I have had the same meal at The Red Lion a few times myself, the chocolate fondue fantastic!!! I do however think that you must have been there on one of the evenings when it was on special offer as normally it is well over £20

:D

I bet it was a special offer night ? and I bet you didnt drink very much !!!!

Travelling south. Why is beer cheaper in the north? From the £2 pint in several pubs on the C&H and HNC, I'm now up to £2.60 in a basic boozer (High Lane Cheshire),

£2.60 in High Lane sounds a lot, but most of the difference as you get a long way South is property prices, the pubs have a higher rent, as does the brewery, as do the staff etc etc

Is someone on commission??

Martyn

Well we just enjoyed a very good meal at the Maybush Inn at Newbridge on the Upper Thames.

However the bill did show the bitter (not bad) to be £3-80 a pint, and a large glass of Pinot Grigio, (good I'm told), to be £5-20.

Had the whole thing been a bit less, we might well have eaten there again on the way back, but given the size of the bill I'd class it as "unlikely". Apparently it has just changed hands because the previous people went bankrupt.....

I do wonder if there was a bit less mark up, if they wouldn't make more out of increased trade, than they would lose by dropping prices a bit.....

On the good side, nobody (so far!) has attempted to collect the £3 overnight mooring fee for the bit of (presumably) farmer's bank we are tied up to.....

I took a wander along the Thames from Richmond to Brentford earlier in the week. I came across The Town Wharf at Isleworth, just by the ait. I wasn't going to stop but took a look inside, just to see what beer they sold. What a surprise......Sam Smith's!! An even bigger surprise was the price, £2.11 for a pint of Old Brewery Bitter!! :cheers:

ETA: Cheaper than McSpoons :)

SAM

Ryde

IOW

Don't snog other blokes in there though. Sam Smith's don't like it.

kiss here

Tone

Edited by canaldrifter

A Basil Fawlty type character runs my village pub. He does his best to drive customers away, including barring the once resident alky (prob his biggest spender), barring youths who were dominating the pool table when he wanted a knock around with his mates, turning food customers away at 8.50 when the restraunt is advertised till 9.00, even though he himslf is the chef. Top dollar prices too..... :closedeyes:

Certainly no riff raff in there though, till I step in.... :rolleyes:

Edited by Hairy-Neil

A Basil Fawlty type character runs my village pub. He does his best to drive customers away, including barring the once resident alky (prob his biggest spender), barring youths who were dominating the pool table when he wanted a knock around with his mates, turning food customers away at 8.50 when the restraunt is advertised till 9.00, even though he himslf is the chef. Top dollar prices too..... :closedeyes:

Must be his brother that ran the pub in my village until no one went anymore and he had to close it down that was 6 years ago it was bought by a a property developer who then could not get building permission and is now a private house.

Depends how its done. Some folks go to pubs especially to get insulted by the landlord.

The Blue Anchor in Helston was one of those years ago. Probably still is.

Tone