Bidet attachment

nb Innisfree

Featured Posts

I predict a wet floor in no time.

A domestic bidet, or at least the one I've just pulled out at home as part of a bathroom refurb, has a tap angled so the water can't easily squirt over the edge.

The cat has always gone in it for a drink and he's not happy about the present arrangement of drinking from a bowl (like a stupid) dog so I'll have to fit another.

Edited by andywatson

I would probably lash out on one of these if it would fit our Leesan toilet, just imagine sitting there and pressing a button or two, no more buying toilet paper and having it clogging things up + a daily thrill or two :wub:

If the hot water takes as long as mine does to arrive (at the sink taps) then it would never deliver in time.

ps. never used one.

I'm working on that one, circulation pump between hot and cold supply at the bathroom end, press a pneumatic timer switch and a few seconds later hot water waiting at the taps or bidet, would need timer adjusting to stop pump before hot reaches cold supply, or maybe some sort of thermostatic shut off valve?

Edited by nb Innisfree

<snip>

I'm working on that one, circulation pump between hot and cold supply at the bathroom end, press a pneumatic timer switch and a few seconds later hot water waiting at the taps or bidet, would need timer adjusting to stop pump before hot reaches cold supply, or maybe some sort of thermostatic shut off valve?

Are you proposing pumping water from the hot circuit into the cold one?

Richard

Are you proposing pumping water from the hot circuit into the cold one?

Richard

Yes at the end of the run to the bathroom, would need to ensure hot didn't actually reach the cold circuit but stopped when it had filled the hot circuit supply.

ETA: If for some reason it did carry on pumping it would only circulate hot water round the bathroom cold supply.

Edited by nb Innisfree

I would probably lash out on one of these if it would fit our Leesan toilet, just imagine sitting there and pressing a button or two, no more buying toilet paper and having it clogging things up + a daily thrill or two :wub:

I shudder to think what could happen.

We have enough trouble on board with non-boaty types not knowing how to work a simple cassette toilet.

The thought of a visitor getting an unexpected "enema wash" just because they hit the wrong button really doesn't bear thinking about!

I shudder to think what could happen.

We have enough trouble on board with non-boaty types not knowing how to work a simple cassette toilet.

The thought of a visitor getting an unexpected "enema wash" just because they hit the wrong button really doesn't bear thinking about!

It might stop them using the toilet and save your water!

Yes at the end of the run to the bathroom, would need to ensure hot didn't actually reach the cold circuit but stopped when it had filled the hot circuit supply.

ETA: If for some reason it did carry on pumping it would only circulate hot water round the bathroom cold supply.

Are you aware of the lengths that mixer tap designers go to to ensure hot water doesn't get mixed with cold? It's to do with preventing potential biological hazards entering the drinking water

Richard

Technically, how do you force water back through the cold pump?

Are you aware of the lengths that mixer tap designers go to to ensure hot water doesn't get mixed with cold? It's to do with preventing potential biological hazards entering the drinking water

Richard

Technically, how do you force water back through the cold pump?

Yes but we don't drink from the taps only from a filtered one.

It would only circulate between the calorifier and bathroom both of which are at the end of the bathroom cold supply,(we have two cals, one for bathroom and one for kitchen) in any case with only one cal it would still only circulate after the pump.

Yes but we don't drink from the taps only from a filtered one.

It would only circulate between the calorifier and bathroom both of which are at the end of the bathroom cold supply,(we have two cals, one for bathroom and one for kitchen) in any case with only one cal it would still only circulate after the pump.

How do you clean your teeth (this is getting very personal now)?

Richard

I seem to remember disagreeing on a similar plan before

Hi can you give some feedback as to how successful it is/was. Thanks

Ok

How do you clean your teeth (this is getting very personal now)?

Richard

I seem to remember disagreeing on a similar plan before

From the bathroom tap but we don't actually drink it, water in the tank is open to all sorts of bacteria and warms up in the summer, no ill effects yet. For many years I have sometimes used the hot tap for rinsing my teeth if the cold is a bit too nippy. How do you brush yours?

Yes circulating DHW has been discussed before though this system is, or has been, used in hotels and large houses for many years I think?

Edited by nb Innisfree