The new forum software.

Featured Posts

Has anyone looked at the rankings in the last couple of days? This site seems to be in a league of its own!

well at those figs the site in 2nd got alot of catching up to do they better swim faster.

Also, although im still talking to invision about the behaviour of the 'view new content' link, one thing that has come out of it that there is a 'view recent content' page also. Which behaves, when your logged on, as the View new content' page does when your logged out.

This is found (very much hidden) in the blue bar near, but not at, the bottom of the index page. Along side the now also found 'moderating team' and 'top posters' links!

image1jnp.jpg

Daniel

Sorry, I realise someone's done a lok of work, but I'm not a fan of the new look forum. It doesn't work very well on my blackberry.

The edit function doesn't work. Even on the laptop I have to click edit 2 or 3 times to get it to work.

Have you selected the "Mobile " version when using your Blackberry?

I use a lot of IPB boards and the upgrade here appears to have been done very well, I see no issues here.

• 2 weeks later...

Gallery does not let me include a picture from my computer in a post ....or are you saying "host " it in gallery and then include it in your post ......too much hassle...old fashioned ...putting in photos should be easy ..couple of clicks....

Hosted a photo in gallery how does that help me get it into a post??

Edited by pistnbroke

the thing that sets forums apart is how easy it is to post pictures ..with this new upgrade we still have to host our pictures ....other less advanced sites let you put them in as attachments......dont see how to do that or did I miss something???

Isn't part of the point that this is a free forum, where the site owner has to bear any costs with providing it.

Not sure of the space already used up to host it, but that would clearly be umpteen times more massive were all the images you can see via the forum actually stored on the same server, rather than hosted elsewhere in the likes of Photo Bucket, Snap Fish, Face Book, whatever .....

Yes, it's a bit of a pain, but if it allows Daniel to continue to provide it, without having to arrange for the storage of many many gigabytes of images, it's a restriction I'm happy to live with.

Sorry, I realise someone's done a lok of work, but I'm not a fan of the new look forum. It doesn't work very well on my blackberry.

But the new app. that works with the iphone is just brilliant...

the thing that sets forums apart is how easy it is to post pictures ..with this new upgrade we still have to host our pictures ....other less advanced sites let you put them in as attachments......dont see how to do that or did I miss something???

i use two other forums besides this one and neither of those have a facility to post photos and one of them is a travel forum, on that one if you want to show pictures you have to provide a link.

while we on about photos is it just happening to me or does it happen to everyone when looking at photos it will only let you look at about a dozen then tells you your bandwith has been reach and then stops you seeing any photo on the whole forum for sometime.

while we on about photos is it just happening to me or does it happen to everyone when looking at photos it will only let you look at about a dozen then tells you your bandwith has been reach and then stops you seeing any photo on the whole forum for sometime.

No...

suspect this is more to do with your ISP not the forum...

Even the old farts on WWW.saving-old-seagulls.co.uk can manage posting photos as attachments.

I once Posted some photos on www.lro.com from a hosting site ...someone hacked it and I got 400 spam e mails fom Croatia and photos of me and the wife posted all over the interner ( we had our clothes on ) !!!!

Edited by pistnbroke
  • Greenie 1

Has anyone else noticed that another interesting "feature" of the new software is that if you send someone a reply to their PM, and then delete their original message, that also deletes your reply so that it never gets sent (although if you're lucky the notification email may have gone already).

(I've cross-post this from the other thread about display names).

Has anyone else noticed that another interesting "feature" of the new software is that if you send someone a reply to their PM, and then delete their original message, that also deletes your reply so that it never gets sent (although if you're lucky the notification email may have gone already).

The main "feature" of the new forum software that I've noticed is that it no longer works on my Blackberry. Bring back the old forum!

Where has My Assistant gone?

I quote:

The 'My Assistant' feature can be accessed by clicking the link of the same name in the board header. This tool provides quick links to many important areas on the board, as well as quick access to common features.

The problem is that I do not see a "My Assistant" button in the board header.

Any advice Daniel?

T.

The main "feature" of the new forum software that I've noticed is that it no longer works on my Blackberry. Bring back the old forum!

In what context does it not work?

TBH I always found a Blackberry pretty useless for any sort of internet browsing - hence I switched to an iPhone,

In what sense does it not work?

Where has My Assistant gone?

I quote:

The problem is that I do not see a "My Assistant" button in the board header.

Any advice Daniel?

T.

You won't see it as it does not exist in this version of IPB, all your controls are now in one drop down list under your username.On older versions user controls were in several locations which was a mess. It looks like the "My Assistant" tag has been left in the help menu in error.