The new forum software.

Featured Posts

• 3 weeks later...

Interestingly scrambled dIgest, the content is from the topic "Get orf of my land" and why did i only get one topic?

This your daily new topics digest!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum: General Boating

=====================================

-------------------------------------------

Topic: Bottom Blacking (Doorman -- Yesterday, 07:13 AM)

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=33574

------------ QUOTE ----------

Its an offence to have it loaded in a public place or to fire it within 50feet of a road but not having it out of the case

-----------------------------

I think you will find it is 50 feet of a highway and a navigatable river can be classed as a highway, but I think you will also find it is only against the law if it represents a danger to some using that highway. You could argue that if the bang makes you jump and fall in the river that is a danger.

=====================================

• 11 months later...

yet another problem with the software? under user name is a dropdown list, settings, profile, my content etc, this appears to be broken as soon as you try to move down to select anything the page jumps to profile and you cannot select anything else as the list just dissapears.

Working fine here (Windows 7 with Chrome).

Have you tried a different browser?

Working fine here (Windows 7 with Chrome).

Have you tried a different browser?

Fine here too.

Win 7

Firefox

On lappy

Vista

Firefox

On Desktop

Edited by MJG

yet another problem with the software? under user name is a dropdown list, settings, profile, my content etc, this appears to be broken as soon as you try to move down to select anything the page jumps to profile and you cannot select anything else as the list just dissapears.

My home computer (W7/IE9) also does this but my work computers (XP/IE7) do not!

Tim

It's definitely an issue with IE9 not Windows 7.

The easiest resolution in IE9 is to click on "compatibility view" which is the jagged little icon that appears at the right-hand end of the address bar. This will immediately and permanently fix it.

Annoyingly my own website suffers from not working properly in IE9 unless compatibility view is selected. I haven't had time to diagnose and fix it yet (winter project perhaps)

• Greenie 1

It's definitely an issue with IE9 not Windows 7.

The easiest resolution in IE9 is to click on "compatibility view" which is the jagged little icon that appears at the right-hand end of the address bar. This will immediately and permanently fix it.

Annoyingly my own website suffers from not working properly in IE9 unless compatibility view is selected. I haven't had time to diagnose and fix it yet (winter project perhaps)

thanks will try that, on laptop at the moment as my wife is using the main one.

edit: wife gone for a fag break!! so i've hijacked the computer! done the necessary and yes the problem appears to be solved - thanks keeping up

Edited by hamsterfan

OK so it won't be a winter project; an evening of concentrated detective work has tracked it down and fixed the problem on my website. Hopefully the Forum software will be just as easily fixed at its next upgrade.