Names You Would NOT Call a Boat

mark99

Featured Posts

There's a "may contain nuts" in trinity marina on the Ashby

Off topic - Is that a small plastic boat? If so its the one I regularly meet at different places all over the network, they seem to get about really well for a very small boat.

In a similar vein to naff names why do some folk put foreign place names on the side of their boat, pretending that is their home port, places their boat could not possibly cruise from/to, one such local example being DUBAI!

Ditchdabbler

I thought it was named after the product you used, to ensure you were well off enough to afford a decent boat :lol:

I do get the esoteric reference, Mr. T: an American product I believe. That's why, when Trojan (the record company) tried to establish a U.S. branch around 1970, no one took it seriously and it flopped (gosh, how careful one has to be with the choice of words) after a few months.

Kingfisher.

There are about 10,786,398.609 of them around.

And, as per my earlier post...

I hope that our next boat won't be named after a real thing - every gift I've been bought in the last 18 months has been themed *sigh*

there are more kingfisher pieces of tat in the world than I EVER would have thought possible. If I never get bought another bleedin kingfisher greetings card/fridge magnet/coaster etc etc etc, it will be too soon :lol:

Although of course I LOVE the sentiment whenever someone is kind enough to buy us a gift. I'm not really an ungrateful so-and-so!

I do get the esoteric reference, Mr. T: an American product I believe. That's why, when Trojan (the record company) tried to establish a U.S. branch around 1970, no one took it seriously and it flopped (gosh, how careful one has to be with the choice of words) after a few months.

I would imagine one should also use the expression "working like a Trojan" under advisement whilst visiting with the colonials.

(although the secretary of state for education could use it, saying he was "holding back millions")

Well I certainly wouldn't call our boat light,spacious, and fast.

I wouldn't call it 'cheap', 'maintenance free', or 'sealed for life' either.

Cant say as I'd call it 'love nest', 'passion palace', or 'den of iniquity'.

But its Ok for a cheap hol, involving minimum effort, and enough privacy if you do get a bit fruity.

I named my house after the reason I was forced to move back ashore....

TrojanExplosion2.jpg

Time for a nice cup of tea, methinks

We had a couple of friends from Québec stay with us on Wednesday - they drank beer, not tea :lol:

(Their 16 year old daughter just sulked and didn't drink anything)

Tony

I have to confess that I rather hanker after a boat which could be called Lenin (in Cyrillic script of course) and a paint job in the best traditions of pos revolution art. Black sillouettes of workers surging to the bow and carrying picks and scythes and such like.

Nick

Titanic, Graf Spei (zpelling?), Bismarck, Marie Celeste, Hesperus, Potomac, Macaulay Culkin, Paris Hilton, Thatcher, Peter Andre, Stalin, Durex .. I could go on.

One thing I bloody hate is names obviously made up out of owners' names, like Stanedna (apologies to the owners of Stanedna).

Damn! and we were just going to name our Pump-out & Diesel barge "Pumsel"....... :lol:

I have to confess that I rather hanker after a boat which could be called Lenin (in Cyrillic script of course) and a paint job in the best traditions of pos revolution art. Black sillouettes of workers surging to the bow and carrying picks and scythes and such like.

Nick

Lenin-1.jpg

:lol:

Well I certainly wouldn't call our boat light,spacious, and fast.

I wouldn't call it 'cheap', 'maintenance free', or 'sealed for life' either.

Cant say as I'd call it 'love nest', 'passion palace', or 'den of iniquity'.

But its Ok for a cheap hol, involving minimum effort, and enough privacy if you do get a bit fruity.

Which reminds me - there is a house in Frinton called "Iniquity". Two cars outside, one with registration "P 1 MPE" and the other "L 1 XME".

Surprised me rather.....