Silent Skies....

matty40s

Featured Posts

What bliss, came home to clear skies, not a plane to be seen, everything else is louder.

.......and with all that dust up there, can't wait for the sunset tonight.........

It's rather surreal and I wonder whether it will be seen as an over-reaction in retrospect. I would have thought that prop driven aircraft which cruise at lower altitudes could still fly. Will there be conspiracy theories about the real reason no aircraft flew today?

It's rather surreal and I wonder whether it will be seen as an over-reaction in retrospect. I would have thought that prop driven aircraft which cruise at lower altitudes could still fly. Will there be conspiracy theories about the real reason no aircraft flew today?

They even grounded the Air Ambulance

Guest wanted
With advanced warning I might have planned a (for once) quiet night at Brentford!

It has indeed been a quiet evening here in Brenford, which makes up for the noisey day of warehouse demolition! :lol:

There is a risk, but it does seem to be classic case of total risk-averseness i.e. if there's the slightest risk then the whole system is shut down.

Listening to the news and explanations this afternoon I picked up:

a) there have been c. 80 recorded episodes of planes flying into volcanic ash, and there have been total but temporary engine failures but, thankfully, no disasters.

b.) a research plane is being sent up to collect particles (not clear whether it was it was being controlled remotely or not....I suspect not) which means it IS possible to fly......just not to risk of hundreds of passengers' lives.

I've just been up top for some ariel orientation!!

every star is a real star, there are no blinking lights(except for Sirius) or moving sparkles, except for the shooter a few minutes ago. look out for satellites tonight.

I havn't seen skies like this that I remember, ............I suppose this was normality until the Wright Bros intervened.

The generally accepted reason was a clear airspace of 5000 suare kilometeres over Britain was required for extra "terrestrial goings on" and a glut of alien immigrants is to be expected.

Of course, military will still be flying no doubt, though we may not be bombed with more chemicals for the time being, and as more Solar radiation will seep through the reduced particulates, we may enjoy a warmer Spring, though there are a multitude of factors that control the Earths climate and over 95% are natural - like volcanoes erupting.

A few weeks a go, my wife who works for the RSPCA, came home with a report that a flock of Starlings had fallen from the sky - seventy odd, all dead. All at the same time in the same location. The Telegraph reported it HERE stating that it was though they had confused a gravel drive for a patch of reeds. Elsewhere in the text, it is stated they "fell dead", so clearly some confusion somewhere. If such an incident was the result of either deliberate or accidental use of satellite based weaponry, would we seriously expect to hear the truth?

Ash in the air - planes not allowed to fly - what's up Doc?

Derek

Excellent.

Richard

Teddington Lock - and Tough's in the background before the flats were built?

One of their better sketches :lol:

Ash in the air - planes not allowed to fly - what's up Doc?

Derek

Think of the carbon savings. This isn't just the reduction in flights that the ecologists have been calling for, it is a complete cessation. If only we could get the planet to be more responsible and reduce its carbon emissions.

Think of the carbon savings. This isn't just the reduction in flights that the ecologists have been calling for, it is a complete cessation. If only we could get the planet to be more responsible and reduce its carbon emissions.

It would make no difference