Silent Skies....

matty40s

Featured Posts

we may enjoy a warmer Spring

This is all part of an elaborate plan to cover the weather person's backside when He next gives a 'Bum' forecast. The next crap summer can now be blamed on Iceland!

Please form an orderly queue behind me with your reasons to blame the Icelanders for anything you like and I'll sort them into relevance/priority.

This is all part of an elaborate plan to cover the weather person's backside when He next gives a 'Bum' forecast. The next crap summer can now be blamed on Iceland!

Please form an orderly queue behind me with your reasons to blame the Icelanders for anything you like and I'll sort them into relevance/priority.

There's a joke I've heard quoted a couple of times on the radio:

Dear Iceland, we said we wanted CASH!!

Yes, but I'm off down your way then down to Wiltshire so it will be Monday now. :lol:

I was going to go today but no generator and I couldn't think of what to spend the day doing. I'll have the generator tomorrow so i'll be at the boat again and hope to fit the diesel tank and filler.

but you won't be able to run a genny, the ash will ruin it, the submicrospcopic glass and crystal particles will also invalidate your warranty............

all injuns off everyone.

:lol:

mind you, hanging the washing out, might get some funky flashy t-shirts.......,

or coats.

We usually get military fighter aircraft flying over here in the Fens almost every day, but we have had none this week.

No doubt in Southall the loudest thing you can hear today is the tandoori chicken sizzling. I wonder if the unaccustomed silence makes it impossible for the residents to sleep.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-...ud-1946922.html

Scientists were today analysing samples taken from the volcanic ash cloud sitting over the UK.

Yesterday, a team of experts embarked on a "very dangerous" mission - flying right up to the giant plume to take samples.

The data could reveal important information about the environmental impact of the eruption.

The operation will enable experts to update existing knowledge of air circulation patterns.

The findings will then be passed on to the Met Office and could have a bearing on its immediate forecasts.

This could in turn affect the decisions made by the Civil Aviation Authority relating to the reopening of British airports, one expert said.

The plane arrived back safely at RAF Brize Norton, Oxfordshire, last night.

The group, which set off from Oxford Airport yesterday afternoon, included two emissions scientists and two instrument operators, flown by a pilot and co-pilot.

That solves the mystery of the plane I saw yesterday evening cycling home.

Edited by grahoom

As my Vetus doesn't have an air filter, I have grounded the boat for a day or two. Overcautious?

I understand that it is only flying that is problematic.

As such, with the exception of Phylis, we are all OK to use our boats.