What must every boat have?

Mick and Maggie

Featured Posts

We are about to take delivery of a new (to us) narrow boat. Everyone has at some time gone camping and forgotten their tin opener, or purchased a bottle of wine and then can't find the cork screw. So I thought I should create a checklist of essential items for the boat. I suppose I should categorise these as mandatory items, safety items and day to day living items. there may be other categories that you might want to suggest.

Suggestions (acceptable ones anyway) most welcome.

Regards

Mick & Mags

I like the name of the boat.

An anchor (for rivers) Attached to the upstream end of the boat.

A centre line about three quarters to seven eighths the length of the boat.

Nick

Loads of kitchen roll (recycled paper of course!), a little watertight pot to keep your matches in so they will always light, anti bac baby wipes for quick hand washes (very good for oil etc too), head torch, spare batteries, phone charger, washable cotton mats for the floor near doors!

and all of the above! :lol:

An easy way of getting back aboard after you have fallen in

Or chosen to jump in.......

An anchor (for rivers) Attached to the upstream end of the boat.

A centre line about three quarters to seven eighths the length of the boat.

Nick

Await reaction from those who say a centre line must be short enough that it can't reach the prop!...... :lol:

Reading material if telly is in a poor reception area.

Reading material if telly is NOT in a poor reception area. :lol:

Yep...I was joking :lol:

thought so, cos if you have a narrow boat and you like using it there ain't many waterways you don't have to pay for :lol:

the middle level link ditch maybe? or the "I can see a telegraph pole, oh there's another one" navigations.

or Newhaven - I did once visit someone on a narrow boat in Newhaven :lol:

Three pages of pointless rubbish mostly when I thought after reading the OP that there might be some decent tips in there

Well I consider myself told!

From now on I shall pm all my contributions to ambuvanner, for his approval, prior to posting on the public forum.

Guest wanted
Three pages of pointless rubbish mostly when I thought after reading the OP that there might be some decent tips in there

may i suggest that whilst aboard it's quite handy to have a sunny disposition?

There were some decent tips in there.

However, if you thought it was rubbish, I suggest that you immediately demand a refund of every brass farthing that you paid for this service.

Well if you considered there were no useful tips in there you could have provided some, instead of saying this.

It hasn't really helped the OP any more, has it ? :lol:

EDITED to add:

You can adjust your forum settings to get it down to less pages of useless rubbish, if that helps you!

Edited by alan_fincher