Pound shops, or 99p stores

magnetman

Featured Posts

Has anyone ever found anything really good and worth paying for in pound or 99p shops?

I discovered 8 inch square silicone heatproof mats which are actually really cool for picking up hot cooking equipment and they can be used on the table as well. they were £1 each.

any others?

Has anyone ever found anything really good and worth paying for in pound or 99p shops?

I discovered 8 inch square silicone heatproof mats which are actually really cool for picking up hot cooking equipment and they can be used on the table as well. they were £1 each.

any others?

Hard as nails (the cheap equivalent of No Nails). and yes it was £1

I found some cupboard mini LED lights that switch on automatically when you open the door (magnetically operated) 2 for a £ - bargain!

Having said that, bear in mind that most of the hardware in the £ shops is crap.

they should make argos a pound shop as well in that case :lol:

[quote

they should make argos a pound shop as well in that case

:lol::lol:

We find their candles good value. Last year, in the Banbury pound shop, we bought a load of cleaning materials for Trojan: bucket, pack of sponges etc., all at £1 per item. I took these to the check-out; "Would you like a bag?" asked the check-out lady.

"No thanks, I've got a bucket" I replied.

Edited by Athy

Hard as nails (the cheap equivalent of No Nails). and yes it was £1
Was it the solvent free one? If so it isn’t even worth £1.

Chocolate, lots and lots of chocolate, endless (well, sort of) piles of chocolate!!! :lol:
You better hope they are not Chinese counterfeit stuff. If they can poison 1000’s of babies with counterfeit powder milk, they are capable of anything.

My dad bought a load of cans of “Tango” and it tasted awful but I only dink tea and beer so what do I know.

The truly massive tubes of Uhu glue sold in Poundland contain about 4 times as much glue as those sold in WHS, for about half the price.

Only downside being if you manage to leave the top off one, they make a far bigger mess!

Best value for a while had been real Douwe Egberts ground coffees at less than half supermarket prices, but sadly a scouring of both "Poundland" and our (even better value!) "99p Store" failed to turn any up yesterday.

One of the hazards of these places seems to be that when you do find something that is cracking value, it often soon isn't available any more.

any others?

Thin reading glasses (complete with case) 1.25-2.5 magnification.

a birthday card......a box of chocs...and some perfume called 'Pour Elle'...for the wifes birthday....AND change from a fiver....

Gawd bless the pound shops...

Bob

Pound Shop Smellies?? :lol:

You save twice of course. There's no need to buy fly spray :lol:

a birthday card......a box of chocs...and some perfume called 'Pour Elle'...for the wifes birthday....AND change from a fiver....

Gawd bless the pound shops...

Bob

You really believe in pushing the boat out, so to speak.

A man after my own heart! :lol:

Stewey