Very Poor Responses Intermittently From Forum Today

Featured Posts

It's mentioned at the end of another thread, but maybe not obvious, because the thread title is not about that.

So I thought I'd start another.

I had some connectivity problems with CWDF yesterday, but it has got a whole heap worse today.

I'm regularly getting time outs as I try and read a topic, or post. Sometimes the post has happened, but I don't get anything to say it has, which has resulted in me double posting.

All other Internet sites are fine, so problem seems to be with Canal World specifically.

I can see Keeping Up and Sue 1946 are also having problems - how is it for others, please ?

Is there anything moderators can check please ?

Alan

Still having a lot of problems here, in fact it seems to be getting worse. It's the same on two different computers (both running IE, but one is Vista and the other is XP), and both are fine on other sites so I think it must be the forum. Oh and it's BT broadband here.

Still having a lot of problems here, in fact it seems to be getting worse. It's the same on two different computers (both running IE, but one is Vista and the other is XP), and both are fine on other sites so I think it must be the forum. Oh and it's BT broadband here.

I have now started timing out but only on this site.

It's mentioned at the end of another thread, but maybe not obvious, because the thread title is not about that.

So I thought I'd start another.

I had some connectivity problems with CWDF yesterday, but it has got a whole heap worse today.

I'm regularly getting time outs as I try and read a topic, or post. Sometimes the post has happened, but I don't get anything to say it has, which has resulted in me double posting.

All other Internet sites are fine, so problem seems to be with Canal World specifically.

I can see Keeping Up and Sue 1946 are also having problems - how is it for others, please ?

Is there anything moderators can check please ?

Alan

Its been a right pain, I have also had problems with blog feeds

Sorry guys - I NEVER get any probs usually (Eng???)- land based broadband here. Never had the slightest prob til these last couple of days. Been away with tv for some hours! Dire eh? But Q Time was pretty ok?

Very slow now.

Would love to join in some chats but seems I cannot.

Am beginning to harmonise with the idea that internet buying is drownin' us!

I have been suffering a very slow contection here the last few days (land based adsl also, via bt home hub) but right across the board on all sites. Its currently ok and the forum seems pretty nibble as it has been when browsing from campus.

Tomorrow is the last dayof term so will be choca however if the problem persits through the weekend i will get on the case and make enquires with our host.

*Ironically i actaully wrote this 20minutes ago and then my conection dropped. Gahhh! Tomorrow!!

Daniel

I noticed very slow connection on several occasions yesterday; where the little green rectangles which indicate how much of a site has loaded usually whip across the gauge at the bottom of the screen, yesterday they crawled painfully across, one rectangle at a time, and the site took about 30 to 45 seconds to open properly. On once occasion it was so slow that I just gave up. Once open, it was all right.

The problem has so far not recurred this morning; perhaps the mods. have put a bob in the meter.

Speed were variable all day yesterday, with the odd timeout. Both on Broadband, and ISDN, so somewhere there is a problem. Possibly with either the host server, or more probably between that server and its immediate network environment. But other sites (hotmail.uk, and hotmail.com interconnect/login servers as well).

Almost certainly traffic and the pre crimble nonsense.

It seems, with my limited knowledge, that it must be a traffic/routing issue somewhere near the CW server end of things, but not the CW server itself.(Clearly some are able to access fine, others are not).

Perhaps to some extent it depends on what ISP you are coming from ?

I'm on Virgin cable, in the former NTL area, normally pretty damn quick, and only a problem to CW yesterday, (all other sites fine).

Seems rather better this morning, so here's hoping!

Thanks for all replies - I don't think it's something we can fix ourselves.....