bss cert for wooden butty

Ally

Featured Posts

Someone I know is looking at a wooden boat, no engine, described as a 'liveaboard'. This is all the description I have. She has been told it has no BSS, and doesn't need one. It is on an offline mooring, but with other boats, ie not a private mooring.

I thought it would need a BSS anyway.........am I right?

Thanks,

Ally

no, but I believe it's on Ebay, at around £2k!!! 45', moored at barrow-upon-soar

If it has electrics, gas, solid fuel stove, refridgeration, pump out or cassette you will most definitely need a BSC. Think the full details re BSS exemption are on the www.britishwaterways.co.uk/licenseit website under downloads.

Best of luck,

D

Also of note is that a change of use from commercial to recreational invokes the complications of the RCD in the same way that is involved in a new build.

I imagine it stopped work a while before the RCD started.

Right, she went to see it today, it's actually a 9'x45' ex-naval rowing boat that someone has kind of built a cabin top onto. springs around under your feet, and has a domestic gas cooker and stove onboard, and is "worse than a crack house" !!!!!! possibly worth £100 for fire wood though. I feel sorry for the risk the neighboring boats are at tbh! bit of a death trap by the sounds of it.

Needless to say she ran away!!!!!

Sorry, no clicky yet, but will ask her to post one, or pass it to me to do so!

ok, it's under canal/narrowboats, but apparently bidding has ended now, it was called Lily of Laguna. Item no :

And don't believe all you read about it!

Ally

Oh, it appears to have been removed from sale.........perhaps the comments he received today have worried him about having a non-compliant boat with no insurance, and an iffy description! Watch that space!

Edited by Ally