CCERS assoc ?

niloc

Featured Posts

:lol: The poor old CCER always seems to get a raw deal, unless of course they are genuine. But as we all know many of us cannot for whatever reason genuinely cruise the system. I cannot be the only CCER on this site who moves just enough to keep BW happy? About time we stood up to be counted. Unless of course you are concerned about BW spies infiltrating this site, spooky. Hell, perhaps they use this site to gather intelligence, even spookier. Anyway is there an association for the CCER? Res and les have theirs , perhaps CCERS should have their own assoc . If there are CCERS in similar circumstances say hello, pm, comment but please get involved.

:lol: The poor old CCER always seems to get a raw deal, unless of course they are genuine. But as we all know many of us cannot for whatever reason genuinely cruise the system. I cannot be the only CCER on this site who moves just enough to keep BW happy? About time we stood up to be counted. Unless of course you are concerned about BW spies infiltrating this site, spooky. Hell, perhaps they use this site to gather intelligence, even spookier. Anyway is there an association for the CCER? Res and les have theirs , perhaps CCERS should have their own assoc . If there are CCERS in similar circumstances say hello, pm, comment but please get involved.

How about the Residential Boat Owners Association

How about the Residential Boat Owners Association

Im thinking of an assoc that will help all ccers and not just those that comply to BW;s definition.

Im thinking of an assoc that will help all ccers and not just those that comply to BW;s definition.

Lets get this right ............ an assoc especially for ccers who dont comply to BW,s definition.

If you move just enough to keep BW happy then what is the problem?

If BW are happy who cares what anyone else thinks?

Perhaps it might help reading between the lines - for "keep BW happy", read whatever you like.

More worrying is the assumption that there is a case for those who cannot afford to comply with BW's conditions when really, where that is the case, they shouldn't be boating on BW's waters.

What would people say if anyone tried to apply a similar argument to, say, motor cars?

"I cannot afford to maintain the car that I drive so I shall not have it tested, insured and taxed - moreover, I will park it wherever I like!" - it wouldn't work because the vehicle would soon be in the crusher.

If you move just enough to keep BW happy then what is the problem?

If BW are happy who cares what anyone else thinks?

Couldnt give a toss what anyone thinks .Would still like an assoc of like minded people.

Perhaps it might help reading between the lines - for "keep BW happy", read whatever you like.

More worrying is the assumption that there is a case for those who cannot afford to comply with BW's conditions when really, where that is the case, they shouldn't be boating on BW's waters.

What would people say if anyone tried to apply a similar argument to, say, motor cars?

"I cannot afford to maintain the car that I drive so I shall not have it tested, insured and taxed - moreover, I will park it wherever I like!" - it wouldn't work because the vehicle would soon be in the crusher.

Silly argument . I dont live in my car. Furthermore my home , my boat is legal and paid up.

Couldnt give a toss what anyone thinks .Would still like an assoc of like minded people.

Silly argument . I dont live in my car. Furthermore my home , my boat is legal and paid up.

very educated well done!!!

Do you mean ccers who stay legal but don't comply with BW conditions i.e. what BW would like but can't legally enforce?

:lol: The poor old CCER always seems to get a raw deal, unless of course they are genuine.

So by that definition genuine CCers are not getting a raw deal, only those who are not genuine! In which case it is only people trying to cheat the system who are getting a raw deal (or rather exactly what they deserve).

If however you move enough to count as a genuine CCer then how can you be getting a raw deal? You are complying with the rules and so should get no problems from BW or anyone else.

What you are effectively saying is that you want a society for those that want to moor exactly where they want for as long as they want, for free, and sod anyone else.

Edited by Satellite

Sorry I wasn't being negative but an organisation of people who "couldn't give a toss" isn't exactly going to be dynamic, is it?

"What do we want?"

"APATHY!!!"

"When do we want it?"

"Well we're not really bothered."

Instead of a secret handshake you could have a surreptitious Gallic shrug.

So, you aren't actually a CCer. You are simply one of the pretend CCers who does just enough to keep of the BW radar most of the time.

And you want to create a group of like minded individuals.

What would be in the association magazine? Top tips for getting away with not complying with your licence?

Don't look for support here.

What you want is an association for cheats,lets also have one for people who rip off the benefits system :lol:

:lol: The poor old CCER always seems to get a raw deal, unless of course they are genuine.

Guess what you mean is an assoc for pretend CCers.

As what I call a genuine CCer I am fairly relaxed about bridge hopers or Contin. Moorers but do get upset when they call themselves CCers. I do think genuine CCers need a better voice to defend themselves against boaters who because they have to pay marina charges etc. feel that CCers should also be paying higher charges.

Guess what you mean is an assoc for pretend CCers.

As what I call a genuine CCer I am fairly relaxed about bridge hopers or Contin. Moorers but do get upset when they call themselves CCers. I do think genuine CCers need a better voice to defend themselves against boaters who because they have to pay marina charges etc. feel that CCers should also be paying higher charges.

In an ideal world nobody would pay for a mooring and we would all CC but hey guess what we dont live in an ideal world. The majority of folk have figured out that if they cant comply with the rules for CCers then they get and pay for a mooring. It it muppets like the OP, who not only dont comply with the rules they then have the cheek to complain when they get caught that give genuine CCers a bad name.

Ohmigod now I'm agreeing with Phylis.

Can't understand why people think it is ok to rip off one organisation and its members, i.e. BW and boaters, but wouldn't condone shoplifting or driving without insurance.

But CCers do have a bad name, and for the genuine ones it is unjustified. They need to come out and make people more aware of the distinction between those who follow the rules and those who take the p!ss. Too many people still see the term "continuous cruiser" to mean bridge hopper.

Not the greatest argument as that doesn't compare with a CCer who moves only as much as is necessary to comply with BW regulations. (I don't doubt for a minute that his boat is fully insured and has its safety certificate which is why your argument seems a bit perculiar to me :lol: )

My interpretation of the opening post to this thread is that he probably moves once every 14 days, maybe no more than 3 or 5 miles away, doesn't come back to the same spot till over a month later, but for one reason or another repeats the limited circuit. BW are "kept happy" but perhaps their bit about "Continuous cruisers must be engaged in a genuine progressive journey (a cruise) around the network, or a significant part of it." is being stretched somewhat. (But in my opinion that phrase is subjective rather than objective and provided the statistical requirements are met, that one I suspect that would struggle to stand up in court - does anyone here want to try to define "significant part of the network" - more than half? Two thirds? Can anyone define that in miles?).

The vagueness of the rules is BW own fault quite frankly.

One problem with the 'network' (Continuous cruisers must be engaged in a genuine progressive journey (a cruise) around the network, or a significant part of it.") is that many cannot easily progress around it, they can only shuffle back and forth within a number of sections in order to get around the network. The other issue is the self-contained network that is the Kennet and Avon where the only means of exiting are via non-BW/difficult tidal waters.

One problem with the 'network' (Continuous cruisers must be engaged in a genuine progressive journey (a cruise) around the network, or a significant part of it.") is that many cannot easily progress around it, they can only shuffle back and forth within a number of sections in order to get around the network. The other issue is the self-contained network that is the Kennet and Avon where the only means of exiting are via non-BW/difficult tidal waters.

That suggests that you cant legitimately CC on the Kennet and Avon and anyone doing so is knowing floating the rules. Thats not an excuse.