Crick Boat Show 09

Kez

Featured Posts

Our local canal shop sells one big enough to be a meal for two - made in Atherstone.

We might pass by but won't be going to the show.

I will be there showing my Side doors [retro ] Steel cratches Pidgeon boxes Roof hatches Water tanks etc Please feel free to pop buy for a look see Martin

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone going? or bring a boat down?

Apparently BW have banned trading on the towpath at Crick this year, if that's true I think it's a shame as it helped to create the right atmosphere. BW

are said to be responding to complaints from show traders about unfair competition, could they (BW) have charged a fee or something similar rather than just banning it? seems to be yet another nail in the coffin.

I'll be going with the family. We thought it would be a good place to look at lots of boats as we are hoping to buy in the near future. The comments about the show don't show it in a favourable light, but as we have never been to one before we have nothing to compare it with..........and to tell the truth we are quite easily pleased if there are boats involved. :lol:

Another year i wont be making it. Although i will be at chesterfeild on the sunday with the boat. Which will be on the canal all weekend.

We are glad about that, cos it would block the tow path if it was out of the canal :lol:

Does any one know if Canal World is doing any show specials with reguards subscriptions? I was going to start mine now but dont magazines useally do deals at shows?

Sven :lol:

I'm guessing you mean Canal Boat mag in which case the answer is almost certainly they'll be giving something away and offering special prices so wait for the show.

I don't think Canal World forum does any subscription deals. Mind you I can think of a few 'The Collected Replies of Carlt', 'Galvanic Isolaters - your questions answered, Vols I, II, III' etc

Edited by starman

We are glad about that, cos it would block the tow path if it was out of the canal :lol:

The point was making (badly) was that although it may not be at the rally for the saturday, it will be on the canal (somewhere) all weekend making its way there.

We are already at Crick and have our tickets and, apparantly, an online mooring - if anyone is around from Thursday afternoon through till Monday, please feel free to come and say hello.

We popped into "Kate Boats" yesterday and one of the girls was sitting on the floor with piles of literature and flyers which she was stuffing into carrier bags.

I suggested "Ah you must be preparing for Crick" - I was correct!

They have not been there for 3 years and assured me that whenevr they attend it is a beautiful weekend weather wise so hopefully it will mean the show has a better year this year.

Shame we will miss it!

Back from Crick on Saturday evening and we are cream crackered, a superb day that we both thoroughly enjoyed. Weather as far as we are concerned was the best day, Sunday hotter than Saturday but not as cool as Monday.

As for the boats----- WEELLLLL I very nearly bought a 57 footer there and then but was informed by SHMBO '' Where are you going to put it ! ! !'' I really wish I had a mooring lined up.

WE are now looking forward to our next outing and I am now looking for a mooring opportunity either on the Lee / Stort or G/U somewhere between Hunton Bridge area up to Tring area.