Logmaster Log Splitter

Bilgemonkey

Featured Posts

Just wondering if anyone has this setup or can confirm if this combination will work?

Looking at purchasing a 4 ton electric Logmaster that's rated at 1960W. Will the 1600W Victron inverter be able to cope? I read in the Victron specs the peak output is 3000W.

Thanks for any help.

Just wondering if anyone has this setup or can confirm if this combination will work?

Looking at purchasing a 4 ton electric Logmaster that's rated at 1960W. Will the 1600W Victron inverter be able to cope? I read in the Victron specs the peak output is 3000W.

Thanks for any help.

Even if your inverter could run it, how long would you expect to be running it and how would you recharge your batteries?

I cut literally tons of logs from my woods for our open fires in the house over the winter, and you do not want to use a "log grenade" unless you're looking for a major workout fitness programme. Trust me, they are hard work.

I use a 4 ton electric hydraulic splitter, but I have to say the Swedish manual log splitter looks tantalisingly easy at a much cheaper price than an electric version.

Chris

Most people on here are referring to cutting relatively small amounts of wood for BOAT stoves... I find a 36 inch bowsaw, a couple of decent wedges and a sledgehammer are sufficient.

As Harry Enfield would say:

"I am considerably richer than you!"

Most people on here are referring to cutting relatively small amounts of wood for BOAT stoves... I find a 36 inch bowsaw, a couple of decent wedges and a sledgehammer are sufficient.

That way also has the advantage of warming you three times - once when you carry the wood, once when you cut it and once when you burn it..

Richard

I like old jokes, you always know where to laugh....

Are you sure that you mean 36 inch bow saw. Apart from never having seen one that big if you had one you could do some serious forestry work with it. 21 or 24 inch saws cut anything I have ever wanted to put in a boat stove.

Tim

I have 14, 24, 30 and 36 inch bowsaws. The 30 and 36 allow long strokes with the left hand pushing down on the top of the frame while the right does the reciprocating motion. I haven't seen one bigger than 36". Good blade is the key and a comfortable frame with good tension.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the help. I could run it off the generator I suppose but the manual ones look like a pretty good idea. I thought of petrol too but they all looked a bit big for storage. I also noticed a couple that were rated at 1500w but as chris pointed out this would drain a little too much power.

Anyways thanks again for the advice.