Rusty shackle

Featured Posts

On 09/01/2024 at 21:10, magnetman said:

Some of these rappers have more money than you can shake a stick at.

Its so sick. 

They aren't shackled to da wage slave jobs like da others they not got da C63 they got da Maybach know what I'm saying? 

Fo' shizzle

36 minutes ago, RickS said:

Again, thanks for all the advice and wit  - appreciated and enjoyed in equal measure.

In the end, I bought some 14" bolt cutters and they came off easily enough - a couple at considerable speed!

Thanks again

Thank goodness for that, I thought you would remain shackled for ever. What a long thread fo rthe sake of some bolt cutters.😁

There was an awful lot of advice and digressions I agree, but good that people are happy to help and the diversions were  . . . well, diverting.

Maybe a thermic lance for next time - or a light sabre ?

1 hour ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Thank goodness for that, I thought you would remain shackled for ever. What a long thread fo rthe sake of some bolt cutters.😁

I blame the mods for not taking bolt croppers to the thread earlier on. 

Its interesting how many ways to do it though. I dont believe anyone added a chemistry set with a little bit of Uranium and plutonium in it, disappointingly tame for CWDF 

I still have the dregs of a bottle of Johnson's Uranium Intensifier, a photographic chemical that some 60 years ago  I used to intensify some  underexposed photographic negatives. A chemist colleage later assured me it was perfectly safe, which I guess I knew as I used to slosh the negatives around in the solution with my fingers, and they are still all there and I haven't grown any new ones!  I think I would have got more exposure to radiation had I lived in a granite house on Dartmoor.  

In the late 1950's, a cousin had a pen pal who lived in South Africa. Her father worked in a uranium mine, and she once sent my cousin, through the post, a matchbox full of lumps of uranium ore. They were crystalline and a dirty yellow colour,  resembling irregular granulated sugar lumps. We often used to play with them when we visited.  

Edited by Ronaldo47
typos

17 hours ago, Ronaldo47 said:

In the late 1950's, a cousin had a pen pal who lived in South Africa. Her father worked in a uranium mine, and she once sent my cousin, through the post, a matchbox full of lumps of uranium ore. They were crystalline and a dirty yellow colour,  resembling irregular granulated sugar lumps. We often used to play with them when we visited.  

I'll bet your mum didn't have any trouble finding out where you were hiding on a dark night... :)   :)