Fogstar Drift Sale

GUMPY

Featured Posts

This is curious. Are sales flagging perhaps? 

Balancing bulk purchases of stocks of your product with public demand is one of those difficult judgement calls many small business owners make all the time. Price cutting however you dress it up, suggests you have more stock than you are comfortable with. I'd have expected LFP drop-ins to be in high and increasing demand and FogStar's problems would revolve around getting enough stock!

3 minutes ago, MtB said:

Its cashing in on the Noir Freitag frenzy, if you arent in it, nobody will look at your site for a week, if you are, people will buy regardless of whether they actually need them this week...

1 hour ago, MtB said:

Balancing bulk purchases of stocks of your product with public demand is one of those difficult judgement calls many small business owners make all the time. Price cutting however you dress it up, suggests you have more stock than you are comfortable with. I'd have expected LFP drop-ins to be in high and increasing demand and FogStar's problems would revolve around getting enough stock!

Much more likely that they’re making full margin at the reduced price and the supplier has effectively funded the discount to move stock in bulk across all their customers.  Lots of volume, smaller margin, but more profit quicker.  It’s how pretty much all BF sales and retail ‘sales’ in general work.  Outside of seasonal fashion there are pretty much no  genuine reductions and haven’t been for years.  All the ‘reduced’ prices are full margin for the retailer.  Doesn’t mean it’s not a good deal for the end user if you’re getting something you actually wanted at a price that you’re happy with, but it doesn’t suggest an issue or a ‘bargain’

• Greenie 2

3 hours ago, MtB said:

Price cutting however you dress it up, suggests you have more stock than you are comfortable with. 

Demand & supply economics might suggest that but it's a fairly simplistic view with the more complex retail pricing strategies businesses use these days. Wetherspoon's isn't cheap because they have too much stock / low demand for example. As truckcab79 says, some business models are based on narrow profit margins cheap prices and shifting lots of stock. 

Edited by blackrose
  • Greenie 1

I think it may be related to EVE battery products as there is another maker using them who is also offering a discount. 

https://www.ecopowerdirect.co.uk/batteries/eve-48100t-lithium-battery-clearance/

Maybe they (EVE) want more exposure and to become better known. 

I wonder if there has been a bit of a slow down in lithium sales, and perhaps partly due to potential buyers holding off to see if there are any new requirements or rules incoming? Its not just narrowboats- the yachting folks will be aware of rumours about possible new lithium safety rules and possible insurance implication- and that is a huge market. 

I have to say though, the batteries do look a great bargain. I reckon there are a lot of boaters who could live aboard comfortably with a Fogstar 300Ah battery at £765, and that would last them at least a decade if looked after. 

If you already have a genny, you could use that to run a couple of the Fogstar lithium battery chargers at £65 each, and you'd have a set up that will charge reasonably quickly, all for under £900 (plus cabling and other bits).