Laptop forum problems

Sue68
Go to solution Solved by john6767,

Featured Posts

Canalworld forum is working on my iPhone (it hasn’t been this good before) but not on my laptop. 
I received a message saying that an obsolete (Freeserve) email address needed verification. Since then nothing has worked. I’m getting email notifications for the first time but now get a message saying my connection isn’t private. This is after getting messages that my account doesn’t need verifying. Any idea what is going on and how I can get the forum back.? I’ve deleted history but it hasn’t helped. 
sueb

• Solution
1 hour ago, Sue68 said:

I typed in as above. It got changed to canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/register/&do=validating

message is then sorry your account does not require validation contact us 

error code 25129/4

thanks for reply’s

Why don’t you clear the cookies related to the forum, and then try logging in from scratch

1 hour ago, Sue68 said:

I typed in as above. It got changed to canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/register/&do=validating

message is then sorry your account does not require validation contact us 

error code 25129/4

thanks for reply’s

My browser shows https//www.canalworld.net

I’m using chrome. I typed as Alan said and got a signing in page. But when I signed in I went back to sorry your account does not require validation etc

This post cannot be displayed because it is in a forum which requires at least 10 posts to view Is the message I'm now seeing on some posts

1 hour ago, Sue68 said:

I’m using chrome. I typed as Alan said and got a signing in page. But when I signed in I went back to sorry your account does not require validation etc

This post cannot be displayed because it is in a forum which requires at least 10 posts to view Is the message I'm now seeing on some posts

I'm guessing that the forums you cannot get into are the Virtual Pub as well as Political and Current Affairs. Since you only appear to have posted 4 times (according to your avatar) that might be the reason.

22 hours ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

I'm guessing that the forums you cannot get into are the Virtual Pub as well as Political and Current Affairs. Since you only appear to have posted 4 times (according to your avatar) that might be the reason.

I've been a member for years and post regularly. Something very strange has gone on with my membership, with trying to resurrect a defunct email address and an old user name.

13 hours ago, Sue68 said:

I've been a member for years and post regularly. Something very strange has gone on with my membership, with trying to resurrect a defunct email address and an old user name

9 hours ago, David Mack said:

The forum software thinks you've only made 5 posts.

@RichM - time for your skilled hands, I think...

Is there anyway for the forum software to be changed so it doesn't think I've only made 5 posts or have I to wait until it sorts itself sometime in the future.

This post cannot be displayed because it is in a forum which requires at least 10 posts to view. 

Are you the sueb that used to post under the user name 'sueb' with nearly 6000 posts?

https://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/profile/4092-sueb/

You are now posting under user name 'Sue68', and the forum software thinks you are a completely different person. Any reason you can't login to the forum under your old user name?

41 minutes ago, Sue68 said:

Is there anyway for the forum software to be changed so it doesn't think I've only made 5 posts or have I to wait until it sorts itself sometime in the future.

This post cannot be displayed because it is in a forum which requires at least 10 posts to view. 

You could make more posts

On 09/11/2023 at 20:25, Paul C said:

You could make more posts

That doesn't explain what went wrong in the first place. Who has tampered with my account and caused me a lot of trouble?

On 09/11/2023 at 20:24, David Mack said:

Are you the sueb that used to post under the user name 'sueb' with nearly 6000 posts?

https://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/profile/4092-sueb/

You are now posting under user name 'Sue68', and the forum software thinks you are a completely different person. Any reason you can't login to the forum under your old user name?

I haven't got a clue how or why it got altered. Have I now got two accounts. I thought Sueb must of been freeserve but it looks as though I was able to use it recently. It's beyond my comprehension. 

11 minutes ago, Sue68 said:

That doesn't explain what went wrong in the first place. Who has tampered with my account and caused me a lot of trouble?

I haven't got a clue how or why it got altered. Have I now got two accounts. I thought Sueb must of been freeserve but it looks as though I was able to use it recently. It's beyond my comprehension. 

So you are the much loved Sueb of old?

1 hour ago, Sue68 said:

Did you, at any point in the past, make multiple accounts and/or sign up again with a new email address?